Author Topic: I guess its just misunderstood??  (Read 7337 times)

twistdid

• VM-68
I guess its just misunderstood??
« on: September 12, 2008, 02:25:06 PM »
= Xanex got banned for 64 days for cheat distribution. Normally a 1024 day ban. But he "Fessed up" to his act and got only 64 days.

= Link to Xanex ban discussion. http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=14149.0

= Kilo on the other hand. Distributed a hack and one person got a hold of it. Then Kilo told Jits about what he had done. Which I would consider "Fessing up". When he was giving a 1024 day global ban decided by the committee.

= Link to Kilo ban discussion. http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=11994.0

= I don't know what happened recently that made it okay because he confessed and he got a lighter sentence when Kilo did the same thing and got no sympathy.

= Can Jitspoe please explain this one to me. This must be a misunderstanding because I just don't understand it.

- Twistdid -

eradicator

• Autococker
Re: I guess its just misunderstood??
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 03:30:34 PM »
There Isn't a real reason or a change in the rules since Kilo got banned, it's just what the committee decided. When Kilo got banned the old committee was still operating, but the new committee made the decision on Xanex. We have brought up the topic about lowering Kilo's ban time a few times, but no one has really put their thoughts in about it, so no decision has been made. But the topic is still up for discussion and there is still a chance it could be lowered, if Jitspoe and the committee see it fit to do so. I hope this cleared up your misunderstandment. Thanks

-erad

twistdid

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 03:36:47 PM »
= Thank you Eradicator for clearing that up. And if you could please talk to the other committee members and come to a conclusion with this soon. It would be much appreciated.

= I know life isn't fair. But when you could help somebody out I would hope that you could do so. Thank you again Erad.

- Twistdid -

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 05:11:46 PM »
= Kilo on the other hand. Distributed a hack and one person got a hold of it. Then Kilo told Jits about what he had done. Which I would consider "Fessing up". When he was giving a 1024 day global ban decided by the committee.

= Link to Kilo ban discussion. http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=11994.0

Well im to lazy to check, but im pretty sure Kilo didn't "fess up" until he was caught.

XaneX

• Stingray
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 07:30:10 PM »
I told before i got "caught"

twistdid

• VM-68
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 08:21:11 AM »
Well im to lazy to check, but im pretty sure Kilo didn't "fess up" until he was caught.

= No, Kilo told Jitspoe about it two months before he was even banned for it.

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2008, 09:37:35 AM »
If I am not mistaken, kilo didn't just distribute one cheat.  He compiled a .zip file of all the known DP hacks and made it available for the public to download.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2008, 03:52:58 PM »
= No, Kilo told Jitspoe about it two months before he was even banned for it.

I don't think KiLo had intentions of mass-distributing a cheat, but it was pretty foolish to upload it to a file sharing site where anybody could download it.  He also tried to pass it off as a kid down the street with the same ISP at first.

http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=11994.msg120614#msg120614

Also, http://zilla-clan.net/upload/images/84956_hack_pack.jpg

XaneX

• Stingray
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2008, 12:12:10 PM »
The hacks i distributed where the ones Kilo gave out.

Br55HiT

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2008, 01:33:59 PM »
I think cheat distribution should be a set time no matter if you fess up or not.  This whole one person gets more or less time than another just by what the committee decides is just crap.  There should be set times and all the committee should decide is if they did it or not.  Or it could be like other games such as Counter Strike and COD4 if you hack you get perm banned and can never play again with that account or game no questions asked.  That would sure make people think a little harder before they did something stupid. 

This whole decision on how long someone should be banned for depending on what they did or if they fessed up or even just who they are is just stupid.  There should be set times for different things and that should be all.  No discussion no arguing no pleading just a set ban time that they have to deal with.

Also XaneX and Kilo should have the same ban time.  Considering he distributed the same hacks Kilo did.  So they technically did the same thing.  And the whole he fessed up is just bull.  If you kill someone and admit it they still charge you with murder and you deserve it.  Unless you can prove you have some mental disorder and plead insanity you deserve to get the same time Kilo has.  You knew exactly what you were doing just like he did so your no different.  But our probably biased committee will just do what they want and rule the game which is dumb but how it goes I guess.

The only part I can see that works right for the banns is the cheat detection and automatic ban.  All the ones that are up for discussion just get messed up and that shouldn't happen.

twistdid

• VM-68
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2008, 02:01:51 PM »
But our probably biased committee will just do what they want and rule the game which is dumb but how it goes I guess.

= Democracy??

= Good thing there is the "community" for the committee to listen to.  :P

XaneX

• Stingray
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2008, 03:04:54 PM »
i served my ban no questions asked.. the commitee decided 64 days was long enough.. deal with it.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2008, 03:08:05 PM »
Good boy.

capo

• VM-68
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2008, 03:24:40 PM »
I have to agree with Br55HiT.

Br55HiT

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2008, 06:17:27 PM »
Deal with it??

Pretty cocky for someone lucky that this game doesn't perm ban you for something like what you did.  Which is worse than just hacking because you distributed them.  Not to mention the time you served was o say 960 days short of what it should have been.

Twistdid ->
The committee isn't really democracy considering they all basically have the same views and weren't really voted for by everyone.  Also they don't have to listen to the community, or anyone for that matter.  Which is what makes it all stupid.

XaneX

• Stingray
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2008, 01:43:40 PM »
Calm down, its just a game...

eradicator

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2008, 02:30:05 PM »
Xanex I give you a cookie for acting like a responsible person. :)

AY sport! keep up the good work

Br55HiT

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2008, 06:36:55 PM »
Whatever only people that are terrible at this game need to cheat at it.  So I guess you just hurt yourself by not getting any better.

JUSTIN

• PGP
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2008, 08:06:37 PM »
Cheatin shows no skills tho.Once u cheat or hack ppl will always accuse u as one no matter what.Tough for sum ppl to deal wit tho.Just crazy tho how sum ppl can take it over limit.

twistdid

• VM-68
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2008, 01:27:48 PM »
The committee isn't really democracy considering they all basically have the same views and weren't really voted for by everyone.  Also they don't have to listen to the community, or anyone for that matter.  Which is what makes it all stupid.

= I was saying that this should be more of a democracy. They say they are so into what the community thinks. But I guess not.