Author Topic: Game crashes at startup  (Read 1247 times)

yoshio

• PGP
Game crashes at startup
« on: October 12, 2008, 07:30:37 PM »
I've never had this problem with PB before in all my years of playing (since 2005), Recently I've neglected paintball and have been playing Halo a lot, but I got an urge to play this evening and went to play, and when I start up it immediately crashes. I uninstalled the game, then redownloaded and tried again, same thing. The error message I get says this:

the instruction at "0x012948a6" referenced memory at "0x016801d4". The memory could not be "read".

Anybody know how I can fix this? Thanks in advance.
I'm using a Compaq Presario from 2006 with Windows XP, btw.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Game crashes at startup
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 12:33:35 PM »
You hurt its feelings.  Gave it up for Halo?  Come on! ;)

On a serious note, is this the same computer you were able to play it on before?  What video card do you have?  You may need different drivers or something.

yoshio

• PGP
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 03:56:23 PM »
Haha, I haven't given it up, only taken a break. And as of recent, it's began to work again. But yes, this is the same computer I've played it on for most of my time playing. The video card is a Nvidia GeForce 6150 LE

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 09:07:38 PM »
Any idea what you changed to get it to work again?  Perhaps there was some other program running that it didn't agree with.

robbiedeeerobottaco

• PGP
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 11:59:25 PM »
I would also like to know how this problem was solved since the same thing seems to be happening to me.  It is the same computer that I was able to play it on before.  I also took a break from playing it before attempting to get on again.  I know my login still works since i can get on from other computers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you for your time