Author Topic: Players Joining Mid Match  (Read 5234 times)

cusoman

• Autococker
Players Joining Mid Match
« on: October 14, 2008, 03:04:25 PM »
If A player joins a clan in the middle of a match, Is that player allowed to play in tie map?

I always thought this was an obvious yes, but others told me this is not so.  Someone care to clarify. Multiple answers would be nice.

-Cusoman

flamer

• 68 Carbine
Re: Players Joining Mid Match
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 04:12:41 PM »
I think it doesnt care unless the player is in the same clan.

nub

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 05:43:22 PM »
we need a rule book :)

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 05:45:31 PM »
WHY is a player joining in the middle of a match?

iced

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 07:08:52 PM »
cuz kids r stupid and give out pw's

musickid999

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 07:09:42 PM »
No, they don't technically give out passwords. They're just stupid enough to announce it to the whole server.

cusoman

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2008, 07:23:52 PM »
Not joining in the middle of a match, Joining THE CLAN in the middle of a match, and using that player.  That was my question.  I still feel, based on the responses, that any player in the clan, regardless of when he or she was admitted, may play in matches.

-Cusoman

iced

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2008, 09:49:34 PM »
honestly, i dont think anyone here cares...no offence..but what is the committee gonna do ban that person?

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2008, 10:01:24 AM »
honestly, i dont think anyone here cares...no offence..but what is the committee gonna do ban that person?

or help him to clarify like Cuso asked...

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2008, 10:36:09 AM »
This is not a committee issue.

If 2 clans decide to match, they need to decide on the rules up front.

cusoman

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2008, 05:19:05 PM »
I in no way intended this to be interpreted as a committee issue.  I was just wondering if there was a rule, and if there was not, what peoples opinion on the matter was.  Apparently this was misinterpreted.  I just wanted to know people thoughts on joining a clan, on dplogin, mid match.  Its not some hard core serious topic, I was just wondering what you all thought. :P

-Cusoman

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2008, 05:22:22 PM »
well they obviously let that person join because they thought he'd help them win the match. IMO players MUST be on the roster before the match begins. this should be common knowledge really.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2008, 05:57:14 PM »
well they obviously let that person join because they thought he'd help them win the match. IMO players MUST be on the roster before the match begins. this should be common knowledge really.

Agreed.

+1

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2008, 07:08:38 PM »
I figure as long as they can wear the tag of the clan, they are part of it

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2008, 09:16:03 PM »
I agree with coLa.  The roster should be established before the match and shouldn't change mid-match.

delrio

• PGP
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2008, 10:52:10 PM »
I agree with coLa.  The roster should be established before the match and shouldn't change mid-match.

I also agree.

The worst, though, is when a clan substitutes some random in when they don't have enough people around. And it gets better. These clans usually count those as legit wins, too.

I'm talking to you, DIO.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2008, 04:03:32 AM »
Players join clans mid match?  Never heard of this excrement.

Is that saying the clan list should say the same or the people playing in the match should stay the same?

cusoman

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2008, 03:11:21 PM »
These were more of the responses I was looking for the first time a I posted this :)

Thank you for the info.  I conclude rosters should be set before a match begins.

-Cusoman

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2008, 09:52:03 PM »
Is that saying the clan list should say the same or the people playing in the match should stay the same?
The clan should be free to sub out players with members already in the same clan, but not grab people outside of the clan, add them to the clan, and sub them in mid-match.

Br55HiT

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2008, 11:34:55 AM »
Yea they should not be able to join a clan mid match and then play.  But subbing someone already in the clan before the match is fine.

What really makes me mad is when clans have extra people in the server not playing and then refuse to put them in when your team gets more people.  Especially when they have like 6 people in for a 3v3.  I can see having 1 maybe 2 extras and not subbing in.  But anymore than that and if your not willing to sub them in if the other clan gets more people then they shouldn't be in the server.  And they definitely SHOULDN'T SAY ANYTHING unless they are willing to play.

Harassing from the sidelines is a big issue in some matches and shouldn't happen.  If your not playing and you refuse to play then SHUT YOUR MOUTH OR LEAVE!

Just my thoughts...