Poll

Who did you vote for?

Can't vote (not old enough, not a US citizen, etc.)
26 (48.1%)
Chose not to vote.
5 (9.3%)
John McCain
12 (22.2%)
Barack Obama
9 (16.7%)
Other
2 (3.7%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author Topic: Who did you vote for?  (Read 16015 times)

Eiii

• Autococker
Re: Who did you vote for?
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2008, 12:00:42 AM »
I've no problem with her bringing her family along, it's more the use of large amounts of state money to do it that I have a problem with.

Fitz

• Stingray
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2008, 01:26:18 AM »
I have no doubt that after Obama's first 4 year term is up that EVERYTHING that is screwed up in this country will still be blamed on George Bush...  Hopefully I'll be wrong but if you think things are bad now, let's see your response 4 years from now.  Oh, I forgot.... It will be the Republican's fault even though we have had a majority Democratic Congress 2 years prior to the election and now we have a complete Democratic US of A government with lil ole pres too.
A Democratic Congress... with a Republican president? Veto much?

And what do you suppose McCain would have done in this oh-so-dire-time of economic failure (which can be blamed on the republicans by the way, but that's another story)

OH! Wait! He's a Maverick, that's right! Back to Reaganism, because THAT worked so well. LoL.

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2008, 09:15:54 AM »
All our problems today are because of democrats. Everyone knows that.
Bush was the perfect president. Clinton crushed this country and made it look like it was Bush's fault.

Democrats are the cancer killing /USA/

we need the FAIR TAX....NOW.

Fullmetal_Steeb

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2008, 10:31:44 AM »
You've obviously been watching too many extremely lefty liberal TV channels.  I'm sure Biden was thinking about "freedom of speech" when instead of responding to a legitimate question from a lady from a local news station in Florida he made the statement "are you joking", never answered the question then the Obama liberals abolished any future interviews with that news channel. http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1148272/orlando_tv_station_punished_for_joe.html

Then what say you to the fact that three reporters were kicked off of Obama's plane?  http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-ticket2-2008nov02,0,2691635.story.

Rather than civil responses they resort to these tactics?

I never referred to anyone's affiliation  or who does or does not support civil rights so get your response straight chump.

I am only referring to the fact that if the Obama camp doesn't like the question or a person's opinion, they resort to a coward's way out rather than a simple civil response.  Do you think "Joe the Plumber" was a Republican created conspiracy too?  Pfft!

I have no doubt that after Obama's first 4 year term is up that EVERYTHING that is screwed up in this country will still be blamed on George Bush...  Hopefully I'll be wrong but if you think things are bad now, let's see your response 4 years from now.  Oh, I forgot.... It will be the Republican's fault even though we have had a majority Democratic Congress 2 years prior to the election and now we have a complete Democratic US of A government with lil ole pres too.

It seems you're getting civil rights mixed up with... something not even related.

I think that there's no first amendment right to be on campaign buses, planes, or any other private area with a candidate. If they didn't want to have the reporters there, that's their decision to make.

I also think you're getting freedom of press mixed up with freedom of speech, but hey, I'm not a constitutional law professor or anything. The fact is that it's the right of the press to ask the questions, and the right of the candidate to answer or not, depending on if the question is as idiotic as "Isn't that Marxist?". I honestly don't think that question even needed to be answered. Now the "cowards way out" would be to say McCain associates with terrorists.

As for Joe the Plumber, I don't think some unlicensed plumber from Ohio is really a political expert, and I think that way too much emphasis was put on that guy to begin with. That being said, I don't think the Republican party planted him out in his yard when Obama went by and manipulated them to meet each other, him to say some Republican stuff and then the media to turn him into some kind of national sensation. I think that he is a regular American guy who happens to have ideas that I, and apparently many other Americans, disagree with.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2008, 11:07:15 AM »
I really hate him referenced as an unlicensed plumber, as most plumbers run under the license held by the business.  It's just a wee bit misleading.

Fullmetal_Steeb

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2008, 02:44:14 PM »
You're completely right on that. My bad.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2008, 03:30:19 PM »
All our problems today are because of democrats. Everyone knows that.
Bush was the perfect president. Clinton crushed this country and made it look like it was Bush's fault.

Democrats are the cancer killing /USA/

we need the FAIR TAX....NOW.

Poe's law makes me sad and confused. :(

iEATnoobs

• VM-68
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2008, 03:45:02 PM »

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2008, 03:55:42 PM »
I'm speechless......

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2008, 04:04:36 PM »
There's poor practices on both sides; both were running to win.
So true.

I hate politics.  All the politicians do is stretch the facts and BS their way into office.  Obama promises change and I don't doubt that but he convinced a quarter of the country into thinking as soon as he gets into office and kicks out Bush, he will instantly get the troops out and pull us right out of the economic crisis.  This impossible and people don't realize that these 'changes' he is purposing won't take complete effect until he is up for reelection.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2008, 04:38:20 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyvqhdllXgU
GG Black People

Yikes. I'd say that it's easy to find misinformed voters on either side, if you look in the right places.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2008, 05:49:57 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 11:59:13 PM by Dirty_Taco »

iced

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2008, 07:23:40 PM »
hey guys..just lettin everyone know that Hallmark Edited to hide a very disturbed person\

Have a nice long vacation iced. So far this has been a very civil discussion until you brought racism into it.  Comments like that WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 08:18:40 AM by KnacK »

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2008, 07:32:59 PM »
That's cute, especially since you can't even spell his name.

iced

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2008, 07:36:38 PM »
i dont even want to kno how to spell his name

and ur cute :*) especially cuz u care about spelling on the computer...thiz is1nt 4 sch00l e$$4y

iEATnoobs

• VM-68
« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2008, 08:37:04 PM »
Biden for president!

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2008, 09:47:37 AM »
Thanks Knack.  I am getting sick of these chain text messages with those 'jokes.'

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2008, 09:49:30 AM »
I believe that so far the thread has been relatively polite for such a hot topic.  There was absolutely NO need for what he posted.

Thanks for keeping it clean guys.

Prime24

• VM-68
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2008, 10:48:49 AM »
I couldnt vote, i wasnt old enough...i dont care about politics to much but i guess its cool we got a black president now...history in the making, also if obama pulls out the troops...atmays can play dp again =]

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2008, 03:09:13 PM »
also if obama pulls out the troops...atmays can play dp again =]

Obama has kids, so obviously he doesn't pull out... /joke.