Author Topic: read this statemant its important  (Read 13987 times)

Playah

• 68 Carbine
Re: read this statemant its important
« Reply #80 on: January 16, 2006, 01:14:42 PM »
constructive...

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #81 on: January 16, 2006, 01:28:12 PM »
Better than your post and mine together :P

-)MeMi(-M&M

« Reply #82 on: January 18, 2006, 12:25:13 PM »
please, i dont like, if u guys say, i cant understand germans and so on. were not all the same, im proud to be different than matze, i would never do excrement like this
this is big bs, im for a ban. wallhacking with faking nick and then wanna get a ban for this name is much worse than hacking with own nick. its so merry, nobody knows, what is, if hes hacking everytime , not so remarkably? interesting question, isnt it?

kisses ;P
MischkA

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #83 on: January 18, 2006, 12:30:45 PM »
I'm proud to be different than you ;D .

I think that everything has been said on this topic so far. Why always start talking about it again and again. He did a mistake, admitted it and now everything has it's status quo.
Said enough.

again M&M

« Reply #84 on: January 20, 2006, 02:36:19 AM »
yes, he only said sorry, because jit noticed, that he faked metaler. he wanted, that metaler gets baned and this is so intercoursein lame. and hes still a DoP-Member, i know, its your clan, u can do what u want, but ure not reliably now anyway

Playah

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #85 on: January 20, 2006, 05:43:24 AM »
M&M i´ve known you as a good friend. Maybe i´ve gotta think this over once again. But what i wanna say is this: He did it once. He knows it was his fault. He AINT hacking anymore. So when he aint using them anymore, i think we´re still reliably.

And for ending this topic: I think ALL! has been said here of matze, metaler and jitspoe. Now, its just up to jitspoe to make the decision for the penalty to matze and no other one can judge him. (if you want to say something tell it jitspoe in PM.)

nothing against u, dude

« Reply #86 on: January 20, 2006, 06:33:07 AM »
f1ck3n ;)
hab nüscht jegen disch, alda, außerdem find icks voll lustich, dass die amis mich jar nich vastehn muhaha
und translaters jehen ooch nech, weil se ja keens für berlinerisch ham harrharrharr

Matze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #87 on: January 20, 2006, 07:26:55 AM »
I wasnt hacking before, im not hacking now. I think everyone who played me can confirm it(espacially some eR33t members, who we matched alot.)

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #88 on: January 20, 2006, 08:01:12 AM »
The thing here, for me, is if he owned up to the whole thing on his own you could say it was a joke, and that he owned up to it once it looked like it was going to far. If he only owned up to it because he got caught then that's a different story.

The entire offense is dead serious. A player's identy was stolen and used to make him look like he was cheating. This, of course, means the offender has cheats. This is not a bad thing in itself, lots of people have cheats for viewing cheating demos, making cheater vids, or for any other novel reasons besides cheating. Using those cheats in bad ways is the problem. And although this is a new twist on things, it is definately a bad way to use the cheats in your possession.

Bottom line:
Did he do the deed as a joke and own up on his own? 6 out of 10 on the serious offense scale.
Did he get caught then own up? 11 out of 10 on the serious offense scale.

Matze, I have nothing against you at all. But as this topic has been put under my nose over and over I have continued to mull it over. In my mind I placed nameless faces in all the positions involved here. In this objective manner I have concluded that this offense, even when viewed as a joke, is one of the holy grail offenses, taking someone else's identity. That in itself is of very poor taste and judgement and should be, alone, punishable. If the fact prove that you were caught and then owned up to the deed then one can only conclude malicious intent. This, I think, is more severe than someone outright cheating in a match.

My recommenation:
If he owned up on his own: 6 months bannishment.
If he got caught then owned up: 12 months bannishment

Don't worry Matze my words above mean nothing. This is just my unbiased opinion. Step outside yourself and look at it. I'm sure you would agree.

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #89 on: January 20, 2006, 08:34:46 AM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:47:41 AM by P!nk »

Playah

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #90 on: January 20, 2006, 10:26:57 AM »
nice statement pink.

@S8N: somewhere in this topic matze has mentioned that metaler has copied others identities and has made some silly stuff with the nicks of them others. And whats really weird: we havent done anything bad to him so there isnt really a reason for his actions. He had never stopped when we told him, maybe he just thought we live far away from him and he cant be punished by us for such a behaviour (which is true). But i think now it has become less...so....

Now just let there be jitspoe´s opinion.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #91 on: January 20, 2006, 01:12:45 PM »
So it all rests on my shoulders?  I can't say I like this position very much.  To be honest I don't have much control at the moment.  I've already given the ip, so it's up to the server admins to decide if they want to ban it or not.  No servers support the global ban list yet, and by the time all of the servers are updated, it could be months from now when this incident is in the past and forgotten.

I will say this, though: the purpose of the global ban list is not to simply remove players who have done something wrong from the community completely.  It's to punish cheaters and warn the rest of the community that this type of behavior won't be tolerated.  It's to make players stop cheating, not to make cheaters stop playing.  A wake up call.

That said, I think this thread alone has accomplished one of those purposes: I doubt Matze will try to pull something like this again.  He's already going to have a tough time building his reputation back up without further incidents.  However, does it serve as a sufficient warning for other players?  If no strict action is taken, will they say, "Matze got away with it, so can I."?  I don't know.

Had the global ban list been implemented, I simply would have banned the offending IP as soon as I saw it.  In the future, this is how it will be.  Any cheater identified will receive a near-immediate, limited time ban.  Repeat offenders will banned longer.  I'm hoping the people who have been caught recently will have learned their lesson and not need to be banned.  I think the simplest thing to do would be to start with a clean slate and only ban cheaters from the day servers support the global ban list forward.  The dawn of a new, cheat-free age.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #92 on: January 20, 2006, 02:43:32 PM »
VILLAGER #1: We have found a witch, might we burn her?
CROWD: Burn her! Burn!
BEDEVERE: How do you know she is a witch?
VILLAGER #2: She looks like one.
BEDEVERE: Bring her forward.
WITCH: I'm not a witch. I'm not a witch.
BEDEVERE: But you are dressed as one.
WITCH: They dressed me up like this.
CROWD: We didn't, we didn't.
WITCH: And this isn't my nose, it's a false one.
BEDEVERE: Well?
VILLAGER #1: Well, we did do the nose.
BEDEVERE: The nose?
VILLAGER #1: And the hat -- but she is a witch!
CROWD: Burn her! A witch! A witch! Burn her!
BEDEVERE: Did you dress her up like this?
CROWD: No, no... no ... yes. Yes, a bit, a bit.
VILLAGER #1: She has got a wart.
BEDEVERE: What makes you think she is a witch?
VILLAGER #3: Well, she turned me into a newt.
BEDEVERE: A newt?
VILLAGER #3: I got better.
VILLAGER #2: Burn her anyway!
CROWD: Burn! Burn her!
BEDEVERE: Quiet, quiet. Quiet! There are ways of telling whether
she is a witch.
CROWD: Are there? What are they? Tell us, tell us.  Do they hurt?
BEDEVERE: Tell me, what do you do with witches?
VILLAGER #2: Burn!
CROWD: Burn, burn them up!
BEDEVERE: And what do you burn apart from witches?
VILLAGER #1: More witches!
VILLAGER #2: Wood!
BEDEVERE: So, why do witches burn?
[pause]
VILLAGER #3: B--... 'cause they're made of wood...?
BEDEVERE: Good!
CROWD: Oh yeah, yeah...
BEDEVERE: So, how do we tell whether she, is made, of wood?
VILLAGER #1: Build a bridge out of her.
BEDEVERE: Aah, but can you not also build bridges out of stone?
VILLAGER #2: Oh, yeah.
BEDEVERE: Does wood sink in water?
VILLAGER #1: No, no.
VILLAGER #2: It floats! It floats!
VILLAGER #1: Throw her into the pond!
CROWD: The pond!
BEDEVERE: What also floats in water?
VILLAGER #1: Bread!
VILLAGER #2: Apples!
VILLAGER #3: Very small rocks!
VILLAGER #1: Cider!
VILLAGER #2: Great gravy!
VILLAGER #1: Cherries!
VILLAGER #2: Mud!
VILLAGER #3: Churches -- churches!
VILLAGER #2: Lead -- lead!
ARTHUR: A duck.
CROWD: Oooh.
BEDEVERE: Exactly! So, logically...,
VILLAGER #1: If... she.. weighs the same as a duck, she's made of
wood.
BEDEVERE: And therefore--?
VILLAGER #1: A witch!
CROWD: A witch! A duck! A duck...
OK. Please replace the word witch in the above script and replace it with cheat. It might make some sense, it might be just plain silly or perhaps its meant to be both. In either case use your imagination.

With out the Anti-cheats sorely needed this is what we are left with. People accusing other people without direct proof other than a subjective material. This is no way to ban someone. This thread is living proof. Cheating is bad enough without spoofing someone else name and cheating. Double the punishment.

This is what happens when you distribute wallhacks. Have fun matching and reviewing demos and not second guessing your opponents movements or intentions. Until this is fixed I will see you in public, where allot of you believe its still OK to cheat, (forgive me pink) because the stakes are not as high. That is a sad state of mind to be in.

Sorry so long and stupid.

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #93 on: January 20, 2006, 10:50:45 PM »
Anti-cheats aren't as effective as you'd like them to be.  It just provides a false sense of 'security' for the legit players while giving the real cheaters easy protection from legit accusations.

Just staying in the realm of Q2, Q2ACE and NoCheat were both anti-cheat specific projects which were just as active as Paintball2 during their existence.  Even with the development behind these projects, they were both easily defeated in public cheats.

Even looking at well funded anti-cheat teams like EvenBalance(PunkBuster creators) and the team behind Valve's anti-cheat systems -- these are still easily defeated by cheat developers.

Unfortunately the best thing to do is play with a group of players that you can trust don't cheat.  I wish there was a better alternative for the pub players though, it's too bad that they have to deal with all this stupidity. :(

[b]east

• VM-68
« Reply #94 on: January 22, 2006, 10:23:43 AM »
i neva faked names fuc.. dops.but the dops did it,the best example is eagle(aks)(the name of my brother).dop reida faked this name and matched with this name against a clan.

this cheating of matze wasnt a joke s8n or other people who thinks like u.he wanted that i got a ban and that isnt very funny 

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #95 on: January 22, 2006, 11:22:39 AM »
Translation:
I never faked any nicks. But member of DoP did this. Best example is, Reida faking my brother's name (eagle)(aks). Reida even matched with this nick against an unknown clan.

Matze's cheat wasn't a joke. (???) S8N and/or other people who think like you (???). Matze wanted me to be banned and that isn't very funny.

Code: [Select]
i neva faked names fuc.. dops.but the dops did it,the best example is eagle(aks)(the name of my brother).dop reida faked this name and matched with this name against a clan.

this cheating of matze wasnt a joke s8n or other people who thinks like u.he wanted that i got a ban and that isnt very funny 
« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 12:34:21 PM by bitmate »

hauke

• VM-68
« Reply #96 on: January 23, 2006, 12:28:31 AM »

wow worse as mine  :)