Author Topic: Main Leader in the Clan being kicking solution  (Read 4877 times)

KI3S

• 68 Carbine
Main Leader in the Clan being kicking solution
« on: November 22, 2008, 11:29:15 PM »
This happened to me. I made a clan, and one of the leader's kicked everyone out. By the time it would take for Jits to put me back as leader on the clan, the clan would be dead.

I think that if you made the clan, then you should be able to be an automatic leader whenever you join the clan. In case someone kicks you, or say someone kicks the whole clan out. Anyone know what i mean? Its hard to explain.

UDead

• Autococker
Re: Main Leader in the Clan being kicking solution
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 05:26:56 AM »
In my opinion, I believe that we should have a setting in the coding for the clan page that prevents a leader kicking the main leader who created the clan. For that reason, someone can not kick the mail leader who created the clan just to be a prick. the only who can remove the main leader is himself and with that option, that would limit the problems with the clans being kicked, people complaining that they can not get back in a leader with the clan they have created and stuff like that. In conclusion, that is why I believe there should be a setting in the coding for the clan page.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 07:30:13 AM by UDead »

abnormal

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 05:45:13 AM »
Well,.. the leader of the clan would be very silly if he made leader someone who could kick him..

abnormal

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 05:47:34 AM »
Why did you made that guy leader if he kicked everyone out? Its not good to make someone co-leader just  because he's good.. you should choose your leaders if you trust them..

UDead

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2008, 06:07:23 AM »
there have been people in the past that even thought you trust them or know them, they will just do it to joke with you and then they take it too far, but i also agree with you abnormal.

KI3S

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 01:53:35 PM »
thats exactly what i was trying to say udead thanks xD

and abnormal, i did trust him. and he was in the process of making a clan map for us so we could use it for matches. and we were great friends and i trusted him. and one day he decided to kick everyone out....

i also think this feature would save Jits alot of time from people asking him to make them a leader. xD

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2008, 10:48:50 PM »
In my opinion, I believe that we should have a setting in the coding for the clan page that prevents a leader kicking the main leader who created the clan. For that reason, someone can not kick the mail leader who created the clan just to be a prick. the only who can remove the main leader is himself and with that option, that would limit the problems with the clans being kicked, people complaining that they can not get back in a leader with the clan they have created and stuff like that. In conclusion, that is why I believe there should be a setting in the coding for the clan page.
What if it was the "main" leader kicking everyone?

Jitspoe should really not be wasting his time with clans that can't run themselves.

If you make them a leader, they have as much authority over the clan as you do. So just watch who you put leader and it's your decision if you make him/her a leader......you don't have too.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2008, 11:20:16 PM »
Rick's always right :D.  When you start a clan, build trust with the members before you make them a leader.  For you it would seem like a real life situation :P.  Make a clan, leave yourself as a leader and don't let ANYONE else be a leader until you are comfortable with them being a leader.

And wasn't there something about having a 'big leader' or something?  I vaguely remember it, but can't find a thread about it.

UDead

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2008, 05:13:25 AM »
It does not mater, it is still a good safety precaution, and anyways in our case it was not the main leader who kicked everyone, so there you are and are not he’s not right. Lol sorry if I'm a little up tight, I just got back from working all day moving steel into truck trailers all day.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2008, 05:14:02 AM »
SHHH!!!

Come on you 2. Quit making so much sense!

UDead

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2008, 05:16:17 AM »
what do you mean by....
Come on you

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2008, 05:17:18 AM »
Rick's always right :D.  When you start a clan, build trust with the members before you make them a leader.  For you it would seem like a real life situation :P.  Make a clan, leave yourself as a leader and don't let ANYONE else be a leader until you are comfortable with them being a leader.

And wasn't there something about having a 'big leader' or something?  I vaguely remember it, but can't find a thread about it.

What if it was the "main" leader kicking everyone?

Jitspoe should really not be wasting his time with clans that can't run themselves.

If you make them a leader, they have as much authority over the clan as you do. So just watch who you put leader and it's your decision if you make him/her a leader......you don't have too.

UDead

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2008, 05:18:55 AM »
OK, sorry. so i can't get this for a Feature Vote option to see what other people think?
---------------------------

If it fails then ill drop this topic about changing the clan settings, but i jsut want a chance at it.

fasian

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2008, 07:45:58 AM »
Theres no need to change any settings here, u guys just cant run a clan thats ur fault.

UDead

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2008, 11:19:45 AM »
OK, I'm done talking nice. YOU DON'T GET THE POINT HERE!!! ITS NOT JUST US THAT THIS SAME PROBLEM HAS COME UP, EVEN IF YOU ARE A PRO AND YOUR CLAN HAS BEEN UP FOR A LONG TIME, ANY RANDOM LEADER CAN DO IT. When is jits going to come in here.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2008, 11:58:43 AM »
The point is that 'pros' don't randomly kick everyone from a clan. If you're serious about running a clan, only add leaders you have known for a while and trust to run the clan well. If somebody is likely to do this, don't add them as leader. It's your fault for appointing leaders who you cannot trust not to abuse power. Long running clans generally begin with 2 or 3 people who want to lead, and then they plan for a day or two and start recruiting, leaving themselves as the only leaders. After a month or two of membership, a trusted member may be promoted to leader. If you practice this, it is unlikely you will run into this trouble again.

</impoliteRant>

UDead

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2008, 03:30:16 PM »
well all I'm asking for with for a vote for in for though beginning clans with thoughts people who don't not know what they are doing. I'm not asking for much, just some.

KI3S

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2008, 03:32:40 PM »
wow udead calm down..

and guys..i did trust him. he was a good friend and the only reason he kicked everyone out of the clan was because someone on a different clan wanted him in and told him to kill our clan. im not gonna say names but w/e its dropped.

you guys dont need to tell me to not put leaders up there that i cant trust. i know that. and i trusted him.

UDead

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2008, 03:36:24 PM »
that is what i been trying to tell them, but there over here trying to pick a fight.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2008, 04:26:38 PM »
First of all, if they are removing players, contact Jitspoe to put the clan back together the way it was supposed to be.  Its happened to other clans before, so just do that and never trust that person again...  And if the other person told him to do that, then the other person is more of a friend to him than you are to him.