Author Topic: Selecting Brushes help  (Read 1478 times)

Lapppy

• Stingray
Selecting Brushes help
« on: November 26, 2008, 10:28:52 PM »
Sometimes when i try to select a brush through the 3D view (is there another way to select brushes?) It selects the brush behind the brush i am trying to select. Is there any way to get around this? :P

Laged

• 68 Carbine
Re: Selecting Brushes help
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 02:02:16 AM »
You can select a brush using the top, side or front view. Hold shift and click the brush you want to select.

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 01:55:32 PM »
hmm, I get the same problem, but only from the school computers, it's probably a graphics card problem, no?

DrRickDaglessMD

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 09:02:29 PM »
Hmm, thats an odd bug.

Having said that, I've had some weird similar bugs myself - I've experienced clicking the faces of a brush, only for it to select another brush fairly far away from the one I'm clicking, as though it was confused about which face I was selecting. The only way i've gotten around it is to do as Laged says and select it in the plan views, or try and select another face of the same brush in 3D view.

Just have to mark it up to BSP's strangeness I guess.

- Dag

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 02:28:34 PM »
Are your brushes overlapping?  If there are two brushes in the same spot, it won't necessarily select the one you want.

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 12:34:57 PM »
No, they dont overlap. It's just a really annoying bug that it selects the wrong brush.