Author Topic: VSP Player stats with DPBall?  (Read 8048 times)

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
Re: VSP Player stats with DPBall?
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2006, 04:44:53 PM »
I'm working closely with TinMan to get this setup.
I talked to Keno about it a little before, don't think it will be possible with his server setup right now :(

Smokey

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2006, 12:03:21 PM »
aw.. well it was a idea :\

good luck to tinman and xbain and if u ever need help with whatever id be glad to help ;)

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2006, 06:26:05 PM »
http://www.5th-gradient.com/vsp/
Who wants to port it to dpball?   :D

GreenAffairz

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2006, 06:35:07 PM »
thats like the sweetest player stats! please someone just port one stats program!! Ive been looking forever.

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2006, 06:38:42 PM »
Same here, QStat is a pain and doesn't have half the functions of VSP.

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2006, 05:49:37 PM »
I never looked at the VSP outputs when the post came up first time around.  I guess I should have.  I'm really loving the stat output that I've seen from the samples and some of the servers using this.  The only thing I can see initially that dpstats is missing is the game stats(which I would love to have) and a nice web interface to tie everything together.
This may be enough to motivate me to GPL the project and throw up a Trac for it so people can assist in whatever ways with the development.  But as it stands dpstats isn't something that I feel is ready for release since it's still got quite a few rough edges, and I'm not 100% finished with the sql table structure(programs updates which require sql restructuring are really messy, in my opinion).
I'm in the process of working out a way to retain all funname characters when sending them to and from the database.
Anyway, come by #dpstats on irc.enterthegame.com I'm usually around weekdays and maybe we can talk development or finish the installation.

GreenAffairz

• Autococker
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2006, 02:36:14 AM »
I'm happy your still lightly working on the project xbain, I hope you later on get out your DPstats for windows ;)

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2006, 09:50:22 AM »
There's no reason it won't work on Windows systems, given that they're in a server-oriented environment meaning that it has MySQL/Perl/PHP and a HTTP Server installed.  I have no intentions on making a program like gibstats because it only really benefits the people are operate "cable servers".

GreenAffairz

• Autococker
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2006, 01:48:19 PM »
Ok, im just not quite smart with all of this server stuff :S, I just hope it will work on something like dajoob.com

Smokey

• Autococker
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2006, 02:40:44 PM »
dajoob.. for server stats.. no.

What will happen is when a game is over or something, the stats are put into the mysql database. Then when someone visits the stats page, the php pulls that info out and makes it readable. So for a server to have stats, it needs to also have a webserver with php,perl and mysql running. So most cable servers wont have it.

GreenAffairz

• Autococker
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2006, 04:43:36 PM »
Unlimited Web Site Space*
NO ADS on users' sites
PHP 5
MySQL 5.1
FTP Access
you.dajoob.com -OR- www.yourname.com**
POP3 & SMTP e-mail
@dajoob.com -OR- @yourname.com** address

----------

PHP, Mysql? isnt that what it needs?

Smokey

• Autococker
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2006, 04:58:27 PM »
green.. you cant run a dp server on there.. lmao. and its slow.

GreenAffairz

• Autococker
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2006, 06:43:54 PM »
cant i have the server run from the computer then transfer to the site? or someone make something that can translate log files.

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2006, 08:23:41 PM »
You can have Perl installed on your system and configure it to send all the information to the dajoob.com webspace.  However, the database will be rather large due to the nature of the event tracking table(I guess I could make an option to disable that).  So it really depends on how large your quota is with that MySQL database.

GreenAffairz

• Autococker
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2006, 09:20:19 PM »
Ok, thanks for letting me know. Hopefully in the end I will get it working or Jitspoe will add some sort of stats thing :p

Smokey

• Autococker
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2006, 06:38:01 AM »
Well.. ill be getting that box at the same spot as you soon. i really would like to have stats on there.. not sure what i could do that you cant.. but id love to help :)

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2006, 12:11:51 PM »
Here's a little treat.  I've been working on some of the layout and features of the stats.

Click the image for full size.

As always, come by #dpstats for the latest developments.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2006, 12:33:12 PM »
Wow... looking good.  I like the flags.  What did you use to look up the countries?

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2006, 12:41:56 PM »
I used a Perl module IP::Country::Fast.  From my understanding(there's almost no documentation I could find :() it uses a local database to perform the lookups.  However this project is the most up to date, free internet geo-location modules, and it didn't add a single second into my 78,000 line parse.

GreenAffairz

• Autococker
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2006, 12:58:06 PM »
WOW! Thats sweet!!!!