Author Topic: Ways to make DP clan scene grow?  (Read 14329 times)

Bix

• Autococker
Ways to make DP clan scene grow?
« on: December 19, 2008, 12:58:44 AM »
EDIT: Once again these threads have been filled with clutter from people who are in no way remotely active in the clan scene nor have any knowledge of what is going on. Another reason our committee blows.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 11:33:14 PM by Bix »

Eiii

• Autococker
Re: Ways to make DP clan scene grow?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 01:34:35 AM »
1. Remove the few legacy-clans full of talented excretory openings.
2. Start up a few starter-clans full of friendly, willing-to-share talented players.
3. Removing recon would be nice, too.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 01:51:24 AM »
Wow. quick thoughts.

I care about this game and its growth. Quality time and money spent is self evident.

This specifically was discussed along time ago. 

Problem is Assurance and Insurance.

Assure players and or clans, that they are where they belong.  

Insure this with player / clan rankings and all encompassing scripting that will be made public. After great debate there is no reason not only to kick live cheaters but why......unless the coder has other intents.

Those intents are limited to the preservation and the security of said code.

Both understood..

Bix....
To your concern......please see above. being that you have complained against my wanting to improve the clan scene...i must insist again with this.

(Mr how many names do you use?   That will never promote ur true desire. sportsmanship...)

My foretelling since spring 06... which is the basis for all my arguments.......

look back...and see who faltered on a solidified clan scene...

What happened that all players must adhere to said rules?    

Is that what we been reduced to..

Blah blah blah..?

Make a code of ethics.

Follow them..

Thanks...

Merry Christmas everbody...

*EDIT ee i o

Personally speaking...clan hoppers are OK but should be moderated.

removing re con? 

sure ..another logical division

this game can be done so many positive ways....

lets hear more of yours!

i wont respond becuase everthing posted i said is true. But if u choose to disagree    please discuss your ideas not feelings and pm me.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 02:49:05 AM by loial21 »

Olbaid

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2008, 02:52:41 AM »
Nothing loial says has any credit, because I am apparently a clan hopper (in his/hers eyes) even though I have only been in two clans within 3-4 years..

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2008, 03:42:41 AM »
No you are an individual.

Read what i said.

Please

u discount me because you clan hop. why?

Read and respond to the fundamentals....

Which is what i ask all players seek..

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2008, 02:49:07 PM »
Wow. quick thoughts.

I care about this game and its growth. Quality time and money spent is self evident.

This specifically was discussed along time ago. 

Problem is Assurance and Insurance.

Assure players and or clans, that they are where they belong.  

Insure this with player / clan rankings and all encompassing scripting that will be made public. After great debate there is no reason not only to kick live cheaters but why......unless the coder has other intents.

Those intents are limited to the preservation and the security of said code.

Both understood..

Bix....
To your concern......please see above. being that you have complained against my wanting to improve the clan scene...i must insist again with this.

(Mr how many names do you use?   That will never promote ur true desire. sportsmanship...)

My foretelling since spring 06... which is the basis for all my arguments.......

look back...and see who faltered on a solidified clan scene...

What happened that all players must adhere to said rules?    

Is that what we been reduced to..

Blah blah blah..?

Make a code of ethics.

Follow them..

Thanks...

Merry Christmas everbody...

*EDIT ee i o

Personally speaking...clan hoppers are OK but should be moderated.

removing re con? 

sure ..another logical division

this game can be done so many positive ways....

lets hear more of yours!

i wont respond becuase everthing posted i said is true. But if u choose to disagree    please discuss your ideas not feelings and pm me.

For one loial...I dont alias in match OR pub, which is beside the fact i rarely pub. I have been in two clans in the past 4ish years..CC and 3iob. Sorry...I fail to remember spring of 06. I don't clan hop...others do.

Back to the discussion...maybe you can only join one clan per 15 days?

aircrew

• VM-68
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2008, 04:52:58 PM »
maybe you can only join one clan per 15 days?
It wont help, my opinion.
What about make some website for clans and their members? Websites where you can fight another clan, upload a match demo where you owned all(lolupload.com doesnt work) or just chat with another people? I know there is IRC (without demos), but I personally donĀ“t like it, coz people are talking about nothing and just spending their boring time there. Just lil idea.

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2008, 05:09:25 PM »
What about make some website for clans and their members? Websites where you can fight another clan, upload a match demo where you owned all(lolupload.com doesnt work) or just chat with another people?

http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?board=3.0

Olbaid

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2008, 06:42:47 PM »
No you are an individual.

Read what i said.

Please

u discount me because you clan hop. why?

Read and respond to the fundamentals....

Which is what i ask all players seek..

I would never read your rambling posts. 

nub

• VM-68
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2008, 05:25:41 PM »
1. Remove the few legacy-clans full of talented excretory openings.
2. Start up a few starter-clans full of friendly, willing-to-share talented players.

I dont agree with removing recon. Only because  when I first started I thought that was the coolest thing.

Starter clans are awesome. I started with InT when they were still around, which was awesome. I learned how to play, doublejump, lining spots, recon. But most of all I loved the people in the clan. It was a fun environment, where we learned and yet were pretty competitive.

I have no comment to removing the legacy clans. But it would be nice if teams switched up or something.

Even though my post doesnt count towards any of this discussion.
It would be sweet if some "noob" clans actually got on IRC, vent and stuff.
Also be awesome if we had tournaments or some events. Just to see Paintball grow just a little bit more.

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2008, 09:12:34 PM »
I would never read your rambling posts. 

Maybe you should.  Many times he speaks truth.

nopyo

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2008, 09:29:21 PM »
Starter clans are awesome. I started with InT when they were still around, which was awesome. I learned how to play, doublejump, lining spots, recon. But most of all I loved the people in the clan. It was a fun environment, where we learned and yet were pretty competitive.

InT was awesome. I bet it would help the clan scene quite a bit if it is resurrected or have similar clans up.

Also, for InT members, go check the off-topic section of the clan's forums. ^_____^

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2008, 07:45:05 PM »
Nopyo? You still play? lol  Anyways not to beat a dead horse but there have been plenty of descent teams started. Most of the time they die because everyone wants to be THE BEST. It is hard to make the clan scene grow because of the negativity of the more established clans. InT was a great thing. It helped a lot of people get better. Justinp5 and nub for instance. What really destroyed InT was the harsh treatment we received because we had a set of ethics we followed. We were considered noobs but we learned a lot. Many of us still play but tend to stay away from the clan scene. If you really want the clan scene to get larger it will take quite a few members of the "Legacy" clans to walk away from players and a team they have known for a long time and to pick up some noobs with potential and teach us more. Stick with it and don't drop it because you want to be the best. Stick with it to become something. Every dog has its day. WsL was awesome. We almost every match at the beginning but it stayed together because everyone was learning from each other. The only reason it did die was because I killed it because of the move I was doing. Anyways. To make it grow you need to develop more teams, establish a ranking system, make a set of matching rules, and have leaders enforce some match discipline.

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2008, 10:24:33 PM »
Yeah I haven't played for quite a while cuz I got bored of the clan scene. Its the same teams all the time, same players, same trash talk, it gets boring.

I hope to revive InT if I find time next month, since its always interesting playing with different levels of ppl the turn up, and no trash talking when things turn bad.

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2008, 09:18:04 AM »
Why not just bring it to UTi? You, Nub, and myself play together quite often anyways. I'm sure Gav will come if we all start playing on a regular basis. Viciouz just needs to be found. lol That's 5 descent players to give a stable system of controlling quite a few new players. Let me know... If you go the InT route I'll do the largest ad campaign you ever saw. Either way you decide I'm in if you'll have me. And same with Nub. He has no choice in the matter.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2008, 10:32:04 AM »
I'm here, but hibernating.

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2008, 01:40:01 PM »
Wake the heck up.... We need you. Time to learn to play dp again. All or nothing. You in? Come to #team_InT

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2008, 06:27:49 PM »
*[GT]Loial21: obliad how clan hops does it take to get to a lame pop?

delivered.

The method for growing the clan scene can be found in the thread i created years ago: http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=2004.0
All the clan scene needs is enough newbies willing to follow those criteria.

One of the reasons the clan scene is in a downturn is because it lacks people willing to learn the ways of the clan scene. There aren't newbies that hang around the established teams and learn how to run clans and play better. For example, Olbaid started CC years ago, went through a learning phase where they were terrible, but stuck through it and developed CC into a top contender. Furthermore, you can see the quality of players start up enterprises like CC produces. Even skater's 'insane' was a pretty good clan in its time (even when digi and I weren't double clanning). These people put in the time and effort to become part of the clan scene and compete with the best. People just don't do this anymore. The only person I can think of recently who has done anything like this is Rule_, who watches more of our matches than I participate in.

DP is increasingly lacking anyone with the motivation to take actions like these. Moreover, computer hardware is really beginning to catch up with contemporary games. DP's value proposition is that it is free and that most computers can run it. While it will always have the free aspect, the ability for 14 year olds to run call of duty is becoming easier. Plus, the learning curve of the newer games is ever decreasing, again making it easier for the younger crowd to play contemporary games successfully. For the clan scene to grow, we need those 14 year olds with enough time and enough motivation to do the things that Olbaid and skater did, but they are beginning to have less and less reason too.

Finally, a lot of the traditional people that fueled the clan scene are beginning to have less time to spend playing games. eR33t, for example, has people in graduate school, people working 40+ hours a week, people starting families etc. We barely have enough time to catch up with each other on mIRC let alone match. Skater is the only one with unlimited time on his hands and now he's out of the picture for a few months.

Developing universal rules for the clan scene is a surefire way to F it up. Whenever jitspoe has imposed some new change in the past on the clan scene it has rarely, if ever, been accepted.

In my opinion, Bix, the DP clan scene has seen its last days. Once Bain/BoB/Blitz stop caring enough to pay for the servers it will be one of the few nails left for the coffin.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2008, 07:15:31 PM »
Oh, I meant the end-of-round chasecam reporting-the-position-of-the-last-opponent stuff.

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2008, 08:14:33 PM »
What I see is the same few players hopping around creating a new clan every few months. They leave an established clan, make one of their own, then when they have to work hard to get new teammates to play how they are used to they grow fustrated and leave, only to return to their original clan. What some of us have mentioned before is ... what does it take for some of us to get some of you to help us learn more. Maybe the top clans will vanish or be handed to some newbies? Who knows. Problem will not get solved if everyone stays so close minded and not help get something going.