Author Topic: Ways to make DP clan scene grow?  (Read 14333 times)

Garrett

• Autococker
Re: Ways to make DP clan scene grow?
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2009, 08:04:48 PM »
The clan scene could grow if there aren't teams filled with people like you Bix. 

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2009, 09:37:58 PM »
The clan scene could grow if there aren't teams filled with people like WeeZy 

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2009, 11:17:47 PM »
I disagree, the clan scene has always had people like that... and flourished. RR, sR, iP, eR33t, krew any clan with WvSoulja in it have always had people that talk trash and laugh at other peoples' expense (often because they don't take the internet that seriously). During the prime of these clans, the scene itself was much larger than it is today.

Loial21: But its not as if you care about your opponents trust or respect, you are poor sport to begin with. Cry when you loose or stomp when you win. It is all the same, a lack of fundamental gaming morals.

This is not the reason the clan scene is diminishing.

Br55HiT

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2009, 11:31:38 PM »
Well all the GT match servers seem to be gone.  Once the eR33t servers go down that will be pretty much it for the American match scene.

nub

• VM-68
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2009, 08:03:04 AM »
uR still has both of their match servers up.
nick123 has one for s2k.

So er33t isn't the only one with match servers.

Kaos

• VM-68
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2009, 10:01:52 AM »
time and time year after year month after month all u see is threads like these and no action being done.

eradicator

• Autococker
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2009, 11:06:29 AM »
It's always good to have hope though

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2009, 04:33:20 PM »
yes. We all hope that one day the clan scene will become no more so we can go on with our lives.

nub

• VM-68
« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2009, 07:53:12 PM »
fl1p hahaha come play xbox with me

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2009, 11:30:33 PM »
Garret, i dont know who the meddling hell you are.  You act like you know your way around the clan scene. From a small amount of research it looks like you don't even go on IRC...GOOD COMMITTEE MEMBER! DT is right as others are too. The clan scene is not coming to an end because people talk trash, it has been there forever and even through it the clan scene prospered.

The clan scene could grow if there aren't teams filled with people like you Bix. 

No action will be done as kaos said, the clan scene is dying. People like Garrett are tool bags and act like they have some place of knowledge in DP. When he sits there in the committee forums to play lawyer and decide ban times on people who accidently made two accounts. good job PAL.

The clan scene has had its run...it was good and fun...but it if finally coming to an end i feel.

EDIT: stupid thing changed all my swear words to garrett

EDIT: Garrett, don't take part in a CLAN SCENE discussion if you do no more than troll dp forums.

EDIT: <@Br55HiT> the commitee = ppl that never play dp

QFT^^^^^^^

Time to take a vacation - see you in 7

« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 08:29:51 AM by KnacK »

supermonkey

• PGP
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2009, 12:19:09 AM »
There's absolutely no way that trash talking is the reason for the dying clan scene.  Trash talking has been around since probably the beginning of this game and will probably be there until the end of it.  There's always a fresh supply of prepubescent 10 year olds that feel the need to prove their manhood on an online game based on their "skills".  As DT said, the clan scene is dying mostly due to a lack of time available in the lives of the older members of the community and the lack of drive/interest in the newer players.  The only way i see the clan scene growing again is for a sudden surge of interest and intelligence in the clan scene.

JiGSaW

• Autococker
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2009, 01:46:05 PM »
This game is garbage, thus, the dying clan scene.

It's 2009.

eradicator

• Autococker
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2009, 04:20:17 PM »
You see bix, you may think the current committee isn't fit for the job but with the way idiots like you come on here critisizing people even you claim you don't know, that is why there is no way in hell that jitspoe would let you, and people like you have such a responsibility. I think you should worry about yourself first then worry about us.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 08:51:59 PM by eradicator »

Br55HiT

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2009, 05:50:37 PM »
If the committee wanted to make me happy they'd resolve this issue I posted from over a month ago.

http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=15470.0

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2009, 08:32:50 PM »
If the committee wanted to make me happy they'd resolve this issue I posted from over a month ago.

http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=15470.0
Thats not a committee issue, thats just something that jitspoe does.

Br55HiT

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2009, 10:22:46 PM »
It's still been sitting there for over a month.  So this just says ok kids go hack you won't get banned any time soon.  Just like you can still mod hr4's and most other things so why have the cheat detection system?

And if it's not a committee thing then why is it in the committee section of the forums because I put it in the cheat section.

This is why the clan scene is dying...

*hitman8907_47: who made this room
*hitman8907_47: if u want less respawn time go
 to joemanz pub
*[ELIM] hitman8907_47: s to go say I
*[ELIM] hitman8907_47: who wants less respawn
time
*[ELIM] CursedHwk: me

Was in 3iob's pub which is probably one of the only good ones left.  But noobs want instant respawn then complain about spawn camping then just give up.  Hard to get people into irc and clans when their idea of fun is instant spawns and no strategy.

eradicator

• Autococker
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2009, 12:15:45 AM »
1.Jitspoe is a busy man, we have stressed this point too many times before
2.if "noobs" want instant respawn, tell them to go to a speed server.
It's still been sitting there for over a month.  So this just says ok kids go hack you won't get banned any time soon.  Just like you can still mod hr4's and most other things so why have the cheat detection system?

And if it's not a committee thing then why is it in the committee section of the forums because I put it in the cheat section.
^^3. Try a little harder to make a valid point before you post please.

wafflez205

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2009, 12:37:10 AM »
the clan scene could be better if the rules were in a much more public place. A thread in the forums isn't enough. Not all dp players go on the forums so some rules are debated. Heavily debated

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2009, 12:43:44 AM »
the clan scene could be better if the rules were in a much more public place. A thread in the forums isn't enough. Not all dp players go on the forums so some rules are debated. Heavily debated
Hope you realise that when a rules page is put up on a registration page, or on the start of a game, etc, it is Heavily ignored and people just look for the next button.

wafflez205

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2009, 01:05:00 AM »
this is the most idiotic thread ever. It's a flame fest not a discussion on how to help the clan scene