Author Topic: EXP. Point System  (Read 4950 times)

MissingNo.

• VM-68
EXP. Point System
« on: December 22, 2008, 11:37:01 PM »
I think there should be a EXP. point system for Paintball. Basically, the Frag count you start and end a match with you would get that much EXP. Also Every 100 points you would win a prize. Finally, according to the amount of points you accumulated you would go up in rank. So you would start as a Newbie and would end as a NOOBMaster. I think it's a very good idea.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 09:56:34 AM by [BnC]Mitchell »

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
Re: EXP. Point System
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 08:11:12 AM »
*sigh*

P!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 09:56:21 AM »

MissingNo.

• VM-68
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 12:48:39 PM »
What is to *sigh* about KnacK? And I don't know P!nk. I just can't think of anything. Oh and I voted for your feature. It sounds good. Anyways can you drop off suggestions? In ZDaemon when you reach ? points you can change your avatar but there are no avatars in Paintball 2. They might be implemented in a future release. But maybe the fact that you can go up in rank (like Pokemon; when you reach a certain amount of EXP. you level up) is enough.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 12:57:56 PM »
Pokemon, lmfao, you must be 8 years old.

MissingNo.

• VM-68
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2008, 01:00:17 PM »
Nah. I play Pokemon Pearl but thats not the point of the topic. I was just giving an example.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2008, 02:45:42 PM »
This topic always gets a lot of pushback just because in invariably comes up every two months or so my some guy who's just started playing or joined the forums or something. And every time, it's decided that such a system would clearly discourage newer players and increase the skill gap in a game that already has far too huge a divide between the experts and noobs.

Even if your proposal wouldn't do the second, it's a ton of work for a throwaway feature when there's already hardly any development time for this game as it is. :P

MissingNo.

• VM-68
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2008, 03:36:47 PM »
Eiii I think you're right about what you're saying. But if Newbies are willing to try hard enough they can go up in rank or they can just forget about the whole EXP. system and just play for fun. I could always help. I could e-mail servers telling them to update their servers with a driver I attach. And anyways look at all the servers and then subtract the jump servers from it. Then there's not that much servers.

Just get the ZDaemon source code and apply the EXP. part to Paintball 2. It may take a while but it might be worth it. If there are logs of servers frag counts can be accounted for and added to their score (I could help with that too) if everyone approves of it, but i'm sure that will definitly get a lot of negative votes from Newbies. But only DPLogin members should be able to use it which should make things go a lot smoother.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2008, 12:18:42 AM »
I think something like what's in Rainbow Six Vegas 2 or Call of Duty 4 could work, minus the unlocks.  Just let people "level up" for getting kills and doing other stuff.  It could keep people playing the game more if they had something to work toward.

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2008, 08:14:29 AM »
It could keep people playing the game more if they had something to work toward.

+1

MissingNo.

• VM-68
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2008, 06:58:40 PM »
Yes, it definitly would. But still working towards a goal usually presents some award along the way, right? That's just what I can't think of. Any ideas?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2008, 01:18:00 AM »
Maybe character customization like Vegas 2 has?  Another major feature that would have to be implemented, but at least it won't impact game play like weapon unlocks would.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2008, 07:18:10 AM »
Important:
This system should only start with some special serversettings/requirements. So that not each speed- or home-server gives exp points...

MissingNo.

• VM-68
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2008, 03:48:13 PM »
jitspoe, I give a +1 for no weapon unlocks because it would scare people away from the higher rankers. Also, I think there was a feature vote for clan names on shirts, which I think should be one of the prizes. And another prize should be a new color for your character to be in deathmatch, like in ZDaemon. Part of the reason I say this is because there are only four colors which get boring after a while.

T3RROR15T, ZDaemon does that and it is nice. But what sucks about it is that very few servers implement it and the server has some dumb mod running. All the cool mod servers don't have it. So we should have about 3/4 or 7/8 of all the servers implement it (besides speed and home servers, as you said).

eradicator

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2009, 09:28:28 PM »
I think there should be a EXP. point system for Paintball. Basically, the Frag count you start and end a match with you would get that much EXP. Also Every 100 points you would win a prize. Finally, according to the amounts of accumulated you would go up in rank. So you would start as a Newbie and would end as a NOOBMaster. I think it's a very good idea.

MissingNo.

• VM-68
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2009, 09:54:41 AM »
Why would you say that? You've got to have an explanation included for why you wouldn't like it.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2009, 10:03:01 AM »
Mitchel:

Go through this list -> http://dplogin.com/dplogin/featurevote/

Take a peek at ALL of the other features that are lined up.

Now, some of those are not that important, but some are extremely important.

How does your idea rank compared to the list?

wafflez205

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2009, 01:56:21 PM »
Bad idea. it just won't work. if you want a game with exp go play call of duty

MissingNo.

• VM-68
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2009, 07:41:02 PM »
It's Mitchell!!!! And anyways I see what you mean. But out of all the features that people want how much are actually implented into a new build, besides the fact that Build 24 adds a much wanted vwep support.

Some people don't have Xbox 360s. Or a friend who does.

wafflez205

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2009, 07:52:31 PM »
you can get it for the ps2 wii ps3 and 360.