Author Topic: Digital Paint Paintball 2 for NDS  (Read 10548 times)

MissingNo.

• VM-68
Re: Digital Paint Paintball 2 for NDS
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2008, 11:51:24 AM »
Oh. I used Project 64 but it is really slow and pointless to play. Someone should rip the maps and make a map pack out of them.

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2008, 12:16:17 PM »
Hyrule Field map ftw?

MissingNo.

• VM-68
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2008, 01:30:07 PM »
FTW? I hate it when people use terms like that besides "u" and "ur". And it really isn't the point of this topic.

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2008, 04:54:01 PM »
FTW? I hate it when people use terms like that besides "u" and "ur". And it really isn't the point of this topic.

Someone should rip the maps and make a map pack out of them.

I'm pretty sure Hyrule field is a map from Legend of Zelda and since you mentioned ripping the maps, my comment would pertain to what you were saying.

MissingNo.

• VM-68
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2008, 10:02:44 PM »
I meant the maps from the N64 version of Quake II. (I think) all the maps are different, I know one is.

But anyways that would be a good idea but you can't just rip then imediatly played it. You can either convert it to a .bsp file or just make a new .bsp file and recreate the map.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 10:36:13 PM by [BnC]Mitchell »

Br55HiT

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2009, 02:54:32 AM »
This game is actually playable on an xbox.  Paintmagnet had it on his modded xbox a while ago and played it.  I'm not sure exactly what emulator he used or how he got it to work but it was done.  Unfortunately the controls were pretty much useless for this game.  Strafe jumping and the aim control required just won't work on anything but a keyboard and mouse.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2009, 07:31:54 AM »
He probably loaded *nix on it and used a *nix client

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2009, 12:49:34 PM »
Wasn't Quake II released for the PS2?

Maybe you're thinking of Quake III?  There was a competent Quake III port for the PS2

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2009, 02:15:15 PM »
Nope, it was Quake II for the PSX (and N64).

http://www.idsoftware.com/games/quake/quake2-psx/

MissingNo.

• VM-68
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2009, 02:27:25 PM »
Do you guys even read what the topic is first before posting anything? Quake has nothing to do with this topic (besides Quake/II DS).

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2009, 12:20:40 AM »
Mitch, when I first saw this thread I was like what a joke.  You are taking this seriously though, so here goes.  As said by hitman about the X-Box, its going to be basically impossible to aim at someone quick enough using the arrow buttons or whatever they are.  A mouse will always be the best option for it.  Strafe jumping will be near impossible, which is another part of the game.  I did think about it for a bit, and thought a Wii might be a thought, you could aim nicely, but the thing is, you still can't strafe jump.  The difference about this game and other games is that, even though they have a controller, its not a 1-shot elim/kill.  Most of them have health and you have time to aim at them, jump or run away, etc.  Whereas on paintball, as soon as someone sees you they will aim at you and as soon as a paintball hits you, you are eliminated.  You don't have that extra time that you have with health to aim.  Sorry if it doesn't make any sense to you, but you can not have a 1-shot elim/kill game on a DS or whatever linked with a PC.  You will completely get dominated, no matter what.

MissingNo.

• VM-68
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2009, 09:49:40 AM »
You have a point with the whole no aiming and strafe jumping deal. The NDS could suit it better then other portable consoles because of the stylus, which could be easily used to aim. And the Wii would be better off than other consoles because of the pointing system, which would give a realistic kind of aim for paintball.

Although I don't know what strafe jumping is, I think I do it all the time, so I can't really talk about that. Anyways, sometimes I wonder why one hit means a kill. A paintball I used to know was where everyone would stay in the round (different color paintballs) and at the end hits would be counted up. I think a mod like that would suit all consoles.

Br55HiT

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2009, 05:55:39 PM »
If you don't know what strafe jumping is then you probably don't do it because it takes some skill and know how to do.  And changing the game type to count up hits later completely defeats the purpose of this game.  So now instead of just converting all the code they would have to re-code and make a whole new game type.

Let's make this simple...IT  IS   NOT   GOING    TO    HAPPEN   PERIOD!

MissingNo.

• VM-68
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2009, 07:45:19 PM »
Can someone teach me how to strafe jump? And I guess that you guys really set it straight to me this time.

eradicator

• Autococker
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2009, 07:55:41 PM »

MissingNo.

• VM-68
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2009, 08:06:09 PM »
Oh! I just read it and I know how to do that. I use it on the Artic Jump Server. So no wonder it wouldn't work on a NDS or Wii.

MissingNo.

• VM-68
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2009, 07:06:27 PM »
I know this topic is about 16 days old, but I have an update. I finally got Quake II onto my NDSL, and it is pretty good. It has a decent frame rate, and everything is pretty good, just needs a little touch-up. We agreed how strafe jumping couldn't work on any console, but that is not true. If the console's controller has a + Pad it is possible to do so.

I also got Quake onto my Wii using the Twilight Hack, and it runs at the best frame rate I have ever seen, and it also has awesome controls. Network play isn't supported yet, but it is soon to come (it says that you can use network play but it's used just for bot matches). And strafe jumping sort of works, I cannot really tell.

UDead

• Autococker
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2009, 10:22:40 AM »
Digital Paint Is Just Fine On The Computer; you don't need to try to put it on the DS. If you were to get it on the DS, the graphics would be low because the amount of ram it would need to run the game. You would need an extra memory card that would go into the GBA slot like with the DS browser does just to access the internet for Wi-Fi. I don't even know if all the files would fit on a DS slot-1 card with all the new maps, config files, textures and more. I think it would take too much time and money to get it to work properly. I sure you would have a lot of lags with it, probably more that you would with a computer. So in my opinion, you should not even try to put DP on the DS, DP it self is not even fully complete, theirs still alpha builds coming out.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 11:14:58 AM by UDead »

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2009, 05:55:36 PM »
Umm, we understood that about a month ago...

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2009, 12:37:15 AM »
You know Udead, from spamming the forums to making unlit maps, he can do a mediocre job at everything.