Author Topic: Demos start recording themselves  (Read 1687 times)

_burnt

• Autococker
Demos start recording themselves
« on: December 28, 2008, 10:55:06 AM »
Every time i enter a server or test my maps a demo starts recording itself. I've tried to figure out why they are recording itself but i haven't got any results. From 2 days i had over 200 demos, so its annoying because sooner or later they're filling up computer!

b00nlander

• Autococker
Re: Demos start recording themselves
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 11:44:38 AM »
yeah, it's a server setting.  If admins cared, they'd only be recording demos on matchservers, but I guess a bunch of pubs do that as well.

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 11:54:51 AM »
But it does it everywhere. When i test map, start a new game, etc.

Lapppy

• Stingray
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008, 12:08:57 PM »
Make sure you dont have a password set for a LAN game. ;D.if there is a password, that means that every time you start a game, it will record a demo.

EDIT: also, try this.

g_autorecord 0

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2008, 12:14:03 PM »
Haha! ;D Thanks Lappy! That was the problem. But why it sets the password there when i connect to a match server and insert the pass to the console?

EDIT: OK. I will try it.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2008, 01:38:13 PM »
The "password" cvar is used on the server to set the password clients need when connecting.  The same cvar is used on the clients to set the password.  In short, "password" on the client and server must both be set to the same thing for a client to be able to connect.  By default, the auto-record setting is set up to record when a server is passworded (such as a match server).