Author Topic: Some sort of paintrifle with longer accurate range.  (Read 8372 times)

doomkid21

• PGP
Some sort of paintrifle with longer accurate range.
« on: January 08, 2009, 03:40:13 PM »
I know how people are always saying Autococker is the best paintball gun, but not in all cases. The Carbine just beats it for range by the slightest bit, and that's not far enough. I've played paintball before, and I've seen some longer ranged rifles. You could make it balanced by having it shoot slower than the spyder, but I need something to shoot farther than the carbine for camping purposes.
EDIT:And a faster paintball speed would make sense xD

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Some sort of paintrifle with longer accurate range.
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 05:47:49 PM »
I can't remember, but I think the trracer may have further range than the carbine.  In real paintball, though, guns are limited to 285 fps on most fields, so one gun isn't going to shoot faster than another.

wafflez205

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 06:57:04 PM »
And a faster paintball speed would make sense xD
thats controlled by the server i believe

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 03:56:31 PM »
right now you can see how far you can shoot, that means they couldn't shoot you from further away either.

if you got a longer range gun, then the other team will have longer range guns too, and they could reach you at your camp spot. Therefore, a longer range gun wouldn't help anything.

RoBbIe

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 10:15:24 AM »
idk if this is related but i found a paintball sniper rifle on the internet. it had a bipod stand and a scope and shot 500 fps. but seeing and playing this game it moves to quickly to be able to snipe unless your in a pub and everyone has name newbie,newbie(1) and so on because when you strafe you get across must maps rather quickly. as there for sniping would be useless

-although i would love to try to no scope someone-

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 10:33:33 AM »
OT Alert

idk if this is related but i found a paintball sniper rifle on the internet. it had a bipod stand and a scope and shot 500 fps.

1. How about a link to this *sniper rifle*
2. This *500* fps rifle would never get pass a chrono test to get on to the field to play.
3. Getting hit with a paintball that's travelling at 500 fps would cause serious injury.
* KnacK steers the thread back on topic.

RoBbIe

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 10:43:14 AM »
http://www.totalpaintballgear.com/products/t68-sniper-rifle-paintball-gun.html
 although it doesn't say fps i found it early and i am pretty sure that is the same gun that i saw. it shoots 500 fps game rules are woods ball not speed ball knack so you mite come out alright.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 10:46:07 AM »
SO it might shoot 500 fps but no field would allow that marker to be used at that speed, and thats before considering the insurance restrictions.

Have you even played paintball IRL?

RoBbIe

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2009, 10:54:30 AM »
Yes Sir. Speed ball and woods ball mainly woods but my friends did use to own a speed ball court. as a matter of fact i own 10 pb guns.
i use my spyder most the time but i did get a gun off my uncle it is the us army gun they use to train with. I got it for 40 $ when if you buy it out of boot camp or w/e you call it its 400$

wafflez205

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2009, 02:59:55 PM »
Safety rules at scenario games state that all markers must shoot below 300 fps. That includes snipers which are a part of scenario games

RoBbIe

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2009, 03:10:26 PM »
nah we dont play tourneys we just goof off in are woods maybe max people 10 not very big. faster it shoots we think the better just put more clothes on =D

idias

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2009, 03:51:29 PM »
idk if this is related but i found a paintball sniper rifle on the internet. it had a bipod stand and a scope and shot 500 fps.

The guns can not go above 285 for safety reasons...above 300 (depending on the marker and proximity) it can push too much of your gas, causing it to have problems, and the balls can go through the mask...
Imagine what it would do at 500, there is no jersey that can save that guy from that!

wafflez205

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2009, 05:05:46 PM »
500 is getting close to lethal

RoBbIe

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2009, 06:54:27 PM »
thats why you gotta be far back. if you dont believe me google it and this is wayyyy off topic

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2009, 07:06:28 PM »
and that's why fields chrono your guns before they go on the field.

wafflez205

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2009, 12:26:40 AM »
No more weapons will be added to this game so stop asking. Knack would you do the honours of locking this thread?

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2009, 08:51:21 PM »
Don't most paintballs explode in the barrels of the gun if the fps is more than 300? I've had problems with that before, but I have no idea how the newer markers handle it.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2009, 10:45:18 PM »
Don't most paintballs explode in the barrels of the gun if the fps is more than 300? I've had problems with that before, but I have no idea how the newer markers handle it.

It all depends on what paintball you're using, the quality and diameter of paint, and the diameter and length of barrel. As well as a few other factors.

idias

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2009, 06:27:14 AM »
this is wayyyy off topic

No more weapons will be added to this game so stop asking. Knack would you do the honours of locking this thread?

Got the point?

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2009, 06:32:43 AM »
http://www.rap4.com/paintball/os/sniper-rifle-paintball-p-1384.html

"- Velocity 200-325 fps (adjustable)"

not quite the 500 here.