Author Topic: Can you add this: Ability to lay down.  (Read 4216 times)

stabbs

• Stingray
Can you add this: Ability to lay down.
« on: January 13, 2009, 05:49:17 PM »
Couldn't find a post on this when using the search.  If exists, let me know, but what I'm asking for is the ability to laydown.  Seems like there are some spots that are too easy to get hit because all you can do is crouch, but it's not low enough.  Also, this would allow you to army crawl under those really low areas.  By lying down, your speed would be much slower than crouching, though.     Anyway, just an idea.  Anyone else like the idea?

eMo

• VM-68

stabbs

• Stingray
Re: Can you add this: Ability to lay down.
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 05:58:44 PM »
Hmm. I see. Not too popular of an idea.  Alright, never mind then.  Thanks for showing me the threads where it already existed.  Guess I used the wrong search word.  I just used "lay" and "lie".  Not "lying".  I'll be more careful to try more keywords next time.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 08:16:39 AM by stabbs »

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 06:38:26 PM »
Can you please stop with these topics?
Read the current feature's up for vote here --> http://dplogin.com/dplogin/featurevote/

wafflez205

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 08:22:32 PM »
Garrett there are always people that are going to ask for features that have already been shot down

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 08:43:05 PM »
And we can always make fun of them <3

stabbs

• Stingray
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 12:18:56 AM »
Can you please stop with these topics?
Read the current feature's up for vote here --> http://dplogin.com/dplogin/featurevote/

I think that once your search on this forum works as well as google's search works, then people will stop reposting things that have already been posted, because I have already done a few searches where the word I searched for had nothing to do with the topics that were brought up, and I didn't even know where it got the word from in that topic, like, where a match was made.  Anyway, so until you guys can make that much more user friendly, good luck, because no noob to the forum is going to go read 500 pages of posts to make sure that he never submits something that someone else wrote.  I did read a lot of the already submitted features, and I didn't see this one.  I did a search on it, and I didn't find it.  It's not that easy.  At least not to a noob to the system who is trying to figure out all this foreign to us stuff.   

In other words, if you are going to complain about us imperfect users, then I'm going to complain about this imperfect forum.

wafflez205

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2009, 12:53:33 AM »
Do you know how much coding google uses for it's seach engine. Jits isn't god (well not quite god) and he doesn't have time to sit around and do coding for this game and forums all day

stabbs

• Stingray
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2009, 02:09:39 AM »
And I don't have time to read every single post that has been posted to this forum.  That would take days.   That is my point.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 08:15:32 AM by stabbs »

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2009, 07:16:47 AM »
What words did you search on?

stabbs

• Stingray
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2009, 08:16:06 AM »
Hmm. I see. Not too popular of an idea.  Alright, never mind then.  Thanks for showing me the threads where it already existed.  Guess I used the wrong search word.  I just used "lay" and "lie".  Not "lying".  I'll be more careful to try more keywords next time.

wafflez205

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2009, 09:43:34 AM »
Search the proper term. Prone

eMo

• VM-68
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2009, 11:54:28 AM »

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2009, 01:32:39 AM »
 Thanks for your ideas and input, stabbs.
Do not hesitate to ignore most of the comments you have got in this thread, they are from little people.

sk89q

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2009, 10:15:54 AM »
I concur with blaa.

atmays

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2009, 11:59:47 AM »
Nothing new and fun will be added to this game cause the people who only play once every year say no and thats it, I would like to see new better features then whats been added, but will never happen. Prone prob would be ok, you can build maps where you can crawl through small openings or whatever. Im gain to anything new to this game, I still say it should get a new engine.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2009, 12:23:20 PM »
Nothing new and fun will be added to this game cause the people who only play once every year say no and thats it, I would like to see new better features then whats been added, but will never happen. Prone prob would be ok, you can build maps where you can crawl through small openings or whatever. Im gain to anything new to this game, I still say it should get a new engine.

Things don't get done because basically nobody who wants a feature is willing to step forward and work on it themselves. You cry, "new engine!" - why don't you go and find a suitable engine, see what would need to be changed to let it support DP, and start adapting it. The problem has nothing to do with "people who only play once every year" saying no, and usually for a good reason, it's because people who want features don't want to have to work for them.

DrRickDaglessMD

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2009, 01:29:00 PM »
Things don't get done because basically nobody who wants a feature is willing to step forward and work on it themselves. You cry, "new engine!" - why don't you go and find a suitable engine, see what would need to be changed to let it support DP, and start adapting it. The problem has nothing to do with "people who only play once every year" saying no, and usually for a good reason, it's because people who want features don't want to have to work for them.

+1000. I love you Viciouz.

- Dag

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2009, 06:04:04 PM »
I got tear in my eye.

As the great Frank Lucas would say, "Mahh mann."

stabbs

• Stingray
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2009, 06:18:18 PM »
Don't all of these latest posts fit the rule "Don't make "+1" posts.  In other words, don't post simply to increase your post count.  Add something valuable to the discussion or don't post at all." in the forum and guidelines section?  I just am surprised to see a committee member and a Global Moderator breaking their forum rules, and I don't see how any thing that is being talked about in this thread has anything to do with its subject.  This is a dead thread.  How do you kill it?