Author Topic: Moderator Reforms  (Read 2711 times)

Bix

• Autococker
Moderator Reforms
« on: January 20, 2009, 09:12:42 AM »
Knack, the whole point of this is constructive criticism towards you. Should we lock every thread instantly that is about someone? It seems you are bending the rules once again for how you see fit. Only three people moderate this forum. Jitspoe, y00tz, and you. Man I really wish you did not lock the first thread, it was heading in the correct direction with no flaming. Anyways I don't see Jitspoe or y00tz banning people/locking threads to nearly the degree of you nor do I see them being as strict as you. It is not about moderation reform as a whole, because I don't see them doing anything wrong. Knack, you are pretty much the sole moderator of these forums however you want to say it. Therefore, the thread needs to be directed towards YOU. Go read the first thread Knack. Look how many people agree with that fact that you are too strict compared to those that agree with you. It appears that more people take your side because they continue to write 10 paragraph novels every post.

Dayum Knack, I really wish you would have posted on the first thread since I saw you online while the thread was in mid discussion. Would have prevented this mess, instead you locked a thread that producing constructive criticism. Since it was against you, and you couldn't take it, locked.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 06:35:41 PM by Bix »

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
Re: Knack as Global Moderator v3.0
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 09:14:41 AM »
Ok, now you're just asking for it.  Its not a good idea to piss off a mod.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 09:23:24 AM »
Here's the deal.

After venting about me, you moved the topic in the direction of moderation guidlines and made indication in the first thread
I think this thread is to the point where everyone understands my point

In your second thread you were heading in the correct direction in talking about
Should moderation  be so strict?

Since that was the conclusion of the last thread I think we need to discuss ways to fix the problem. That was the direction the last thread was going, and it was construcitve. Therefore, continue on the discussion about moderation being strict.

So, if you continue to point the finger at me, then don't post. If you want to have a constructive thread regarding possible forum moderation guidlines, then great.

Here are some things you need to understand:

1. If you have a problem with me, take it to Jits. [btw - you think I'm bad? Jits bans people for calling others "idiots"]
2. Posting here is a privilege, not a right.  Have an issue? see #1
3. If you don't like or won't accept how its done here and continue to assalt me, go create your own forum.

Now, would you like to talk about moderation reform?

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 11:48:24 AM »
The message is, basically, if you don't like it then get out. You don't have to be here.

Olbaid

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 12:11:32 PM »
The message is, basically, if you don't like it then get out. You don't have to be here.

That is where the main problem lies.  Granted you can't please everyone, but to not even let people voice their opinions on how they feel this forum could be enhanced is just childish. 

idias

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 12:35:38 PM »
it was heading in the correct direction with no flaming.

I am sorry to inform you but it wasn't...most of the people were trying to put the blames on anyone else and throwing dum facts.

Dayum Knack, I really wish you would have posted on the first thread since I saw you online while the thread was in mid discussion. Would have prevented this mess, instead you locked a thread that producing constructive criticism. Since it was against you, and you couldn't take it, locked.

In what way would Knacks posting on the last topic fixed this mess.
The only reason why he shouldn't have locked the thread was because he probably knew that there would be another "episode". -.-'

Come on let this thing die...It's very easy to throw the blames to the mods.

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 03:44:14 PM »
The forums are integral to the DP community.

"...but to not even let people voice their opinions on how they feel this forum could be enhanced is just childish." - Olbaid

Going to pull this off topic for a second, whole new view. Don't get too mad Knack, sometimes you need to parallel two things in an effort to get a point across. Media entices people by gossip and drama. People like to read/take part in gossip and drama. This is huge to 'moderation reform' (since I like to say 'moderation reform = ?). Right now 'forum moderation' is preventing any gossip or drama from happening which ties in with expressing opinions. Expressing opinions often causes gossip and drama. Now, if we cannot express our opinions without stiff restraints...this forum will die. Enough with this paragraph, hopefully I got my point across.

Now for 'forum moderation reforms'. I think we need to almost fully let off the reigns. Yes, I think we should test it out with almost no restraint on what is posted. Now I believe there should be slight exceptions to this. Extreme racist and sexual comments should still be avoided, maybe the post removed and the user warned before a big ban is layed down. This will keep people coming back. Seriously, 'forum moderation' may have got slightly flamed by these threads, but these threads probably had several people checking the forums more often purely because it involved some drama.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 06:17:35 PM by Bix »

idias

• Autococker
Re: Moderator Reforms
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2009, 04:35:05 PM »
Finnally I agree with something in this thread xD

-idias

Re

• VM-68
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2009, 04:42:49 PM »
Extreme racist and sexual comments should still be avoided, maybe the post removed and the user warned before a big ban is layed down.
Again I ask, where is the line drawn to define "Extreme" racist vs. "Slight" racist?

I will admit that I have checked the forum more often than I do for the last several days. Every once in a while, there is a topic that comes along that I feel strongly about or that interests me.

The following quote was very short and to the point.
1. If you have a problem with me, take it to Jits. [btw - you think I'm bad? Jits bans people for calling others "idiots"]
2. Posting here is a privilege, not a right.  Have an issue? see #1
3. If you don't like or won't accept how its done here and continue to assault me, go create your own forum.

That pretty much explains everything.

History shows how people have always had problems with authority figures. Some whine and cry louder than others. Some hide this whining and crying behind some righteous idea, but in the end, it is still whining and crying. If this was a nation with laws and such against certain moderation, you might have something to fight for. In this community, and many many many others, this is not the case.

Good luck on your mission to overthrow the "government".

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2009, 05:32:06 PM »
Re, take the time to read this thread and the past ones in full. No one is trying to overthrow the 'government'. Oh, and you just completely blew all my points out of context. Nice job.

These forums used to be a place where you could pretty much say anything. This led to these forums being used more, since people actually had something interesting to look at. People don't come here to go look in the help section and help someone.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2009, 06:03:38 PM »
These forums used to be a place where you could pretty much say anything.

Umm sorry but no. Even since the first forums, moderating hasnt changed, even when it was all done by Jits. You might look at the forum stats as well. Usage is still increasing, not decreasing as you might want others to believe.

People don't come here to go look in the help section and help someone.

As most of the past issues people have been too lazy to search (see Udead and Unrated as perfect examples. Both of them have even admitted to it.)

I will also tell you that the reigns will not be released.

Again: Any issues, see #1

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2009, 06:35:27 PM »
Nothing will get done I guess.

FFF

FINAL FUN FACT

19-9

19 people wanted less strict forums

9 people protected 'forum moderation'