Changes to Committee, choose what you think

Replace all 10
13 (23.2%)
Replace those deemed inactive
32 (57.1%)
Replace no one.
11 (19.6%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: New term?  (Read 19150 times)

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: New term?
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2009, 04:05:01 AM »
Mosez. I was never op'd/hop'd/voiced in that channel. However, i was op'd in the Committee private channel.

I'm all for a new committee election.

I VOTE FOR NUB.

Nub all the way.

RoBbIe

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2009, 05:19:37 AM »
knack what do you mean leave i said nothing toward the game i like the game just not some of the commiittee members that respond with no help at alll like your last post toward me

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2009, 05:49:01 AM »
Because you post it without searching maybe?  Or doing something that you shouldve done before posting?  Like the post you just made.  You shouldve added full stops, etc so I did have to read it about 3 times to actually understand what you wrote.

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2009, 09:01:50 AM »
Yeh... bout to say.

Since I see a few people are already getting sick of theres threads about you whining I'll add this.  Some people actually have real lives, real jobs, and can come on here when they want to.  They could also be studying for school exams or tests, revising their work, etc.  Not everyone can be as active as others can be.  If you want a committee with active members then I suggest you write a list of 12 year olds down that have nothing better to do than play video games.  That will give you a committee of children that find it hard to make decisions and you will complain yet again.  If you want a committee of people that get things done correctly then I'm afraid you are going to be stuck with a group of people that will come on here whenever they have spare time.  This current committee consists of High School/College(uni) students and some that have jobs.  We all have other things to do, and when we can get around to committee work, etc, we will do it.  But having a real life goes ahead of a 'digital life' in my opinion, and I hope that gets through to you as well.

Btw, b00nlander aint on the committee anymore.  Check his profile.

First off, I think you are mistaking me wanting change for whining. I already showed proof that the MAJORITY of this community AGREED with me, 19:9 actually.  Just the same people made their redundant posts over and over making it look like many more disagreed.  I am sorry Rick, I know you come on at different times. My head just ran through American active players and I forgot you.

Cameron, I looked at the official list of committee members and b00nlander's name was on it. What about the other people?

EDIT: I am not 12, i am 10. Yes, I have been playing this game since I was 3!

I am open to all the posts people make, even the ones against me. I even replied saying that i AGREE with posts against me. You, cameron, are being so closed minded to all these posts that you cannot accept that some of it is true and does need revising.

Oh, furthermore about what you said to Robbie about his post. I ran a spell check on mine with your quote and your quote was full of mistakes and incorrect english.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2009, 10:21:06 AM »
OMFG 19:9!!!!!

Jits we suck.  Shut the game down.

Now with that being said, that is irrelevent to this thread.

It's a dead horse.

You're talking committee issues here not moderating issues.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2009, 03:13:12 PM »
Umm, no.  Hes not on the committee Bix.  Did you even click the link?  I don't think you did, otherwise you should've seen 'Autococker' instead of 'Committee Member', which it is for us.   Things change.  Everyone else on that list is on the committee.

And about the revising, yes, some of the committee does need revising, magalhaes hasn't been round for about 2-3 months now and their a couple of others that aren't active.

MosEz

• Autococker
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2009, 03:21:55 PM »
i can smell my chance :D

idias

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2009, 04:44:37 PM »
Hi,

A couple of questions... Do you guys (committee members or admins) invite a person to join the committe or does that person have to candidate?

mewa

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2009, 05:52:24 PM »
Agreed, time for a new round. Especially if multiple members are "inactive". Those who have done a good job are up for reelection and have the odds on their side since they are the known incumbent.

Knack, stop being over dramatic. Yes, you've been criticized quite a bit lately, but there is some just cause for it. People in general have some serious complaints  about the nature of the forum. At the end of the day ideas cant hurt you, so why banish them? Bix was clearly responding to further accusations made in this thread that by him bringing up issues, he is just "whining". Everyone deserves a chance to defend themselves against personal attacks.

Olbaid

• Autococker
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2009, 05:56:42 PM »
I never really understood the use of the #DPCommittee channel when someone could just find me in most other channels.  So that isn't a very good indication on how active some are.

Anyways, I wouldn't mind a new term. 

Knack, stop being over dramatic.

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2009, 06:19:54 PM »
Before I go crazy, thanks mewa.

------

Knack, Cameron had said I was 'whining'. Where I was trying to get my point across with facts, numbers, what the community thought. 19:9 in favor of something is not whining in my books. It is someone trying to get change with people agreeing with them. This thread is relevant to that thread BECAUSE Cameron made them relevant. So don't allow Cameron to pull that thread into this one, then criticize me for defending myself.

--------

Cameron, I didn't go finding b00nlanders name since he doesn't even post on these forums/isn't active in IRC. I found this big ole' thread titled "Committee Members (#2 - June 2008)" and looked to see who was on the list.

http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=13893.0

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2009, 06:20:35 PM »
Cameron, I looked at the official list of committee members and b00nlander's name was on it. What about the other people?

I'm sorry if my name is still on that list (I guess only a mod can change that!), but I have resigned from the committee a few months ago because I couldn't put enough time into it anymore.

Besides, are you on IRC at all? I'm there almost daily :)  

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2009, 06:33:54 PM »
I made them relevant?  I only said 'about these threads', I didn't actually bring the 'mod' thing into here.

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2009, 06:36:47 PM »
Cameron. You said I was whining about everything, referring to my other threads.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2009, 06:42:15 PM »
So?  Stating the thread doesn't really pull them into here, or just referring like that doesn't bring the whole 'mod' thing in here.

mewa

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2009, 07:02:15 PM »
* KnacK waits for the " who wants KnacK banned from the forums" poll....

Knack, thats irrelevant. I'm sorry for your lack of self esteem at this moment, but lets not get off track.

Cameron, everyone has the right to defend themselves against personal attacks, just remember that. If you start associating one thread with another in a personal attack, realize you've just incorporated that thread into the current. Avoid doing this if you want to stay on topic. Maybe that was the point of it in the first place though, a good distraction. Would that count as conspiracy?

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2009, 07:04:00 PM »
Lets stay on track then.  Bix, if you wouldn't mind, add a poll, it might actually have more use than discussing since its going off-track.

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2009, 08:51:16 PM »
Can't edit a poll in, as far as I know.

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Re: New term? v2.0
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2009, 08:57:38 PM »
Elect me!

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: New term? v2.0
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2009, 09:00:01 PM »
Elect me!

+1. =]

I voted to replace the inactive, but if it happens to turn out 'replace all 10' I'm completely fine with that also.