Changes to Committee, choose what you think

Replace all 10
13 (23.2%)
Replace those deemed inactive
32 (57.1%)
Replace no one.
11 (19.6%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: New term?  (Read 19138 times)

nub

• VM-68
Re: New term? v2.0
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2009, 09:02:39 PM »
I believe that the ones inactive need to be replaced because the ones active are doing a great job.

Olbaid

• Autococker
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2009, 09:04:23 PM »
Full overhaul.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2009, 09:04:53 PM »
I believe that the ones inactive need to be replaced because the ones active are doing a great job.

I vote for boner Nub for the next committee!

FluKe

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2009, 09:15:51 PM »
i want in because i asked jitz along time

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2009, 09:27:34 PM »
Please post with complete legible sentences if you choose to reply.

Xena

• VM-68
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2009, 10:15:56 PM »
what is considered "inactive"? because people have been complaining about the committee members "not playing in pub/matches," "not hanging around IRC enough," and/or "not posting on the forum enough." But why should those 3 matter? Isn't the point of the committee be make a sound decision when a situation has been presented? A member does not have to be active on the forum or on IRC... I don't think they necessarily have to be active in the pub or even match scene. But as long as they take the job responsibly and make decisions based on evidence presented (for the hacking and stuff) then they can be inactive on the gaming scene for all I care.

From what I've read, people are complaining about the committee because...
1) they want to be there instead of the current members so they can have "the power" and it's "cool"
2) wants to help their friends out
3) something along the lines of hacking and have multi-accounts themselves... as a committee member, they can lower banned times
4) they're probably the younger crowd players... (as in probably not even legal age)

OR... those seeking membership falls into one of the 4 categories

I'd say replace no one and anyone with problems are probably the trouble makers.

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2009, 10:20:38 PM »
First off, context is very very important to voting on committee issues. If they are not out in the actual 'experience' I feel they cannot make correct decisions.

In no way did I say/hint that I wanted to be on the committee. I don't want to help hackers regardless. For example if I knew olbaid hacked, I would report him. Why would I want another account? I am of legal age.

RiDe

• Stingray
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2009, 10:27:48 PM »

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2009, 10:54:51 PM »
You make me laugh sometimes ride lol. I dont have a clue why either.

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2009, 11:12:12 PM »
Looks pretty obvious we are going to be replacing the people deemed inactive. Now should we vote who is inactive? or should the current committee decide that? Are we going to nominate people then have people vote for 'x' spots (however people are removed from committee)?

Xena

• VM-68
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2009, 11:14:00 PM »
First off, context is very very important to voting on committee issues. If they are not out in the actual 'experience' I feel they cannot make correct decisions.

In no way did I say/hint that I wanted to be on the committee. I don't want to help hackers regardless. For example if I knew olbaid hacked, I would report him. Why would I want another account? I am of legal age.

what made you think i was talking about you? if you want to be in, great... if not, fine. and i totally agree with your first sentence but when i were referring to inactive members... i was only referring to those players that were active but i haven't seen them on lately... ie GT members.

why not send a request to the inactive members of the committee to see if they're truely inactive? if they can't respond do you within 24-48hrs then remove them.

i dont post often but i do read stuff. i've got irc but i never logon. i work and dont have time to play as often. does that qualify me as inactive?

Xena

• VM-68
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2009, 11:14:54 PM »
Looks pretty obvious we are going to be replacing the people deemed inactive. Now should we vote who is inactive? or should the current committee decide that? Are we going to nominate people then have people vote for 'x' spots (however people are removed from committee)?

if there are members who're inactive then by all means, change them... just replace the ones removed...

y00tz

• Autococker
Re: New term?
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2009, 11:22:03 PM »
Voted 'replace all ten.'

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2009, 11:31:03 PM »
Last time Committee Members were active on forums:

Eradicator: Today at 09:48:35 AM
Rick: Today at 04:20:47 PM
Olbaid: Today at 02:33:50 PM
Lekky: Yesterday at 04:16:45 AM
Garrett: Today at 02:39:09 PM
Cameron:     Today at 04:29:27 PM
y00tz: Today at 04:28:52 PM
Justinph5: Today at 03:57:44 PM
Viciouz: Today at 07:23:09 AM

Now the big one :P
Magalhaes: October 18, 2008, 11:45:59 AM

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2009, 11:36:09 PM »
Going to give my input on what I believe should be done with these members. I realize that some members of the committee want to step down, regardless of activity.

Garrett - Good guy actually got to talk to him. Admits he isn't around as much as he would like <Garrett> Its ok.  I was doing alot but since school started, wrestling season started, i just don't have alot of time

y00tz - Good guy too, good moderator :). Very active on forums and understands the context around the game. I know he has worked for a lot of progress in coding etc.

Justinph5 - gotta love my boy jusu. Around IRC a lot, the forums, and irc. He should definitely stay.

lekky- Great guy, has been around the game a long time. Probably is not as active as he would like.

ViciouZ- Another person I have seen around the forums but never really felt his presence elsewhere. I don't see him as active as many others in the committee.

Olbaid- hi2u

magalhaes- inactive, i have never even seen this guy.

b00nlander- removed himself.

Cameron- active on forums.

Rick- Active for the euros i guess.

eradicator- seen about two forum posts from this guy. Never seen him on IRC but I think he has done something important for dp. In conclusion, inactive.

I can put these people into a couple groups.

y00tz, justin, olbaid, rick, and cameron = active

garrett, lekky, and viciouz = semi active and in question

Magh, b00nlander, and Erad = spots to be filled.

EDIT: Just saw Cameron's post. I think context is VERY VERY important to making educated decisions on these issues. I realize that most of the members are active, but I think being active in other ways than a peek at the committee section of the forums is needed.

mewa

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2009, 11:45:49 PM »
For me the main reason to have a new election is the term cycle. If the last committee was on a 9 month term, and this one's on it's 7month with 2-3 inactive, that there is reason enough. First we need to decide the term length, then decide whether its an overhaul or just ratification.

You make me laugh sometimes ride lol. I dont have a clue why either.
It's the darn avatar. That's the funniest thing on god's green earth. I'm about to go a bit off topic, I hope I dont get banned.
Is rides avatar analogous to bestiality? If thats a mouse humping (riding?) a mouse, isn't that about the same genus difference as a human to another animal? maybe machines would have to have their own phylum then.....
-deep thoughts by mewa.rules

MosEz

• Autococker
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2009, 04:56:05 AM »

garrett, lekky, and viciouz = semi active and in question

Magh, b00nlander, and Erad = spots to be filled.

darn right

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2009, 08:54:37 AM »
Going to be hard to deem those inactive. Since nearly all of them come around from day to day to click on a poll in the committee forums.

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2009, 09:13:15 AM »
They should have to be active in game, on forums, and on IRC. Its not tough guidelines to follow but yet alot of them don't do 2/3.  I have been around the community more then half my life, I have never heard of this Magh, B00n or Erad guys. I know Garrett, Lekky and I know Viciouz, he is actually attempting to improve the game so he should stay. But Garrett and Lekky dont even play.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 09:48:31 AM by Clipz »

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2009, 09:49:44 AM »
I play DP when I have time, which isn't much.  I 'no-lifed' the game through the past two summers and for my first year playing.  I have been working with ViciouZ for awhile too, talk to him almost every day about developing.  I have helped with creating tutorials and programs to help people develop both maps and models easier.  I am on IRC during the weekends and I try to play at least once a week.  I understand why you guys feel the committee members need to be active in game, but I don't believe you need to play the game everyday to be able to be a committee member.  DP is a great game but during the school year, spare time is hard to come by.  I get yelled at enough by the parents that I am on the computer too much.