Changes to Committee, choose what you think

Replace all 10
13 (23.2%)
Replace those deemed inactive
32 (57.1%)
Replace no one.
11 (19.6%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: New term?  (Read 19140 times)

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: New term?
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2009, 10:23:48 AM »
It's true, I don't play much anymore - I spend the free time I can contributing code for the engine, and I don't spend as much time as I should dealing with committee matters. So if you think I should be replaced, I'm fine with that.

I am, however, on IRC a lot of the time I'm available though.

MosEz

• Autococker
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2009, 01:10:55 PM »
clipz boonlader is pureblood :)

and garrett u play dp for 1 year?...
good to know

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2009, 01:47:46 PM »
No, Only Lekky, Magh, B00n and Erad.

idias

• Autococker
« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2009, 01:56:57 PM »
I voted for "Replace those deemed inactive".

Only three places to be replaced right (Magalhaes, Boonlander and Erad)? I think the rest should not be out of committee, because the ones supposdly "inactive" are not active in-game but thats because they are working on the new build or somthing like that.

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2009, 03:29:25 PM »
I am trying to find where we voted for our current committee. I personally don't see how it came to be. Without looking at the forums I would only know 3-4 of those names.

idias

• Autococker
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2009, 03:34:26 PM »
Well Bix just because you don't know who they are it doesn't mean other people know...

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2009, 03:39:29 PM »
Idias, you have mentioned that you are pretty new to this game. You don't really even know any of these people who are posting. I founded/lead the best clan record wise in the history of DP. #team_3iob had a 44-1 ratio at some point. I would also consider myself one of the best current active players.

The point I am trying to make is that I am heavily active on IRC and in matches. I realize that I am not active as many others on the forums/pubs. Basically, I don't even know 60% of the committee that is voting on issues. Does that mean they know the issue? that is for others to decide.

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2009, 05:02:51 PM »
clipz boonlader is pureblood :)

and garrett u play dp for 1 year?...
good to know
Reread my post again, and actually comprehend it.  It would help a lot.

Bix:  I understand your point.  I can't speck for the others in the committee but I know a decent amount about cheats.  I don't just submit my vote at the drop of hat, I actually read about the issue and research it.  I have learned a lot about the active old-school players.  I know that me only having almost 3 years of playing DP under my belt can still classify me as a noob by some people, but I try to do my job well.  Besides, 90% of the committee issues are multi-accounts, not cheating as many would think.  Jitspoe handles 99% of speedhacking and aimbot cases.  Voting on multi-accounts is fairly straight forward.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2009, 05:09:30 PM »
Bix, the community nominated and voted for the first committee.  This committee was to answer these 10 questions that were in a thread, basically like application forums and then the first committee voted for and against us to make this committee.

RiDe

• Stingray
« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2009, 05:31:13 PM »
Rick- Active for the euros i guess.- Bix
<3 being called euros..
Obviously dingo's stole our babies..

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2009, 05:37:16 PM »
Not really with the Euro's.  Americans go to sleep when we get back from school, then when we go to sleep most of the Euro's wake up.  So when we are active, theres about 10 people playing.

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2009, 06:41:45 PM »
Bix, the community nominated and voted for the first committee.  This committee was to answer these 10 questions that were in a thread, basically like application forums and then the first committee voted for and against us to make this committee.

I remembered voting for the first committee, but I never even knew we got a 2nd committee until several weeks after it was formed.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2009, 06:48:35 PM »
Rick- Active for the euros i guess.- Bix
<3 being called euros..
Obviously dingo's stole our babies..

It's stupid that we get called euros, we can't even play on their servers without pinging 400+

But I guess you can say i'm active for the euros..
I morely play when America has lunch time to Euro's waking up.

Isn't it " A dingo ate my baby"?

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2009, 06:53:41 PM »
http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=13377.0

Thats the thread where we and other people volunteered, couldn't find it before.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2009, 07:03:38 PM »
I'd been away for a while from playing mainly, but also partly posting in the forums. Back into the matching scene now though.

The 'Replace those deemed inactive" seems like the popular choice, which I don't need to say makes sense! Also means people are generally happy with the members that are active. I think its a good way to go, add to those that are active some new blood. Its always a good idea to mix things up, get some new ideas and thought processes going on to keep it all fresh.

I would say the last nomination process was fairly well done, similar thing this time (for a total replacement, or addition of some members)?

MosEz

• Autococker
« Reply #75 on: January 23, 2009, 01:35:38 AM »
In my opinion we should have 3 americans 2 germans 2 austrailian 1-2 english and 1-2 czechs yes czechs they are 60% of the pubscene we are playing.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #76 on: January 23, 2009, 03:20:50 AM »
Czech's is where is becomes difficult though, as they need to be able to speak both English and Czech.  Only 1 would be needed, more on the side just to ask the person that violated a rule questions and then translate enough of it so we can decide on what to do.  Currently with the czech issues its just a translated message which makes no sense, very little information or just 'sorry i dont understand you' or whatever.  Germans... probably just 1, have not encountered anything to do with Germans lately, but just having one there would be nice.

MosEz

• Autococker
« Reply #77 on: January 23, 2009, 03:35:12 AM »
well k

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2009, 06:28:42 AM »
I don't think we need any kind of distribution of nationalities. What's the point as long the committee is unbiased?

I also don't see a need for a committee member to be all kinds of ACTIVE in the game. Its not like the game has change so much over the last 10 years that you have to be RIGHT ON TOP OF THINGS in order to understand what's going on. I mean, come on, you cheat, you make multiple accounts, you break this rule or that rule, it's not rocket science.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2009, 07:08:44 AM »
I also don't see a need for a committee member to be all kinds of ACTIVE in the game. Its not like the game has change so much over the last 10 years that you have to be RIGHT ON TOP OF THINGS in order to understand what's going on. I mean, come on, you cheat, you make multiple accounts, you break this rule or that rule, it's not rocket science.

EXACTLY!