Changes to Committee, choose what you think

Replace all 10
13 (23.2%)
Replace those deemed inactive
32 (57.1%)
Replace no one.
11 (19.6%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: New term?  (Read 19137 times)

lekky

• Autococker
Re: New term?
« Reply #80 on: January 23, 2009, 08:18:16 AM »
I don't think we need any kind of distribution of nationalities. What's the point as long the committee is unbiased?

I also don't see a need for a committee member to be all kinds of ACTIVE in the game. Its not like the game has change so much over the last 10 years that you have to be RIGHT ON TOP OF THINGS in order to understand what's going on. I mean, come on, you cheat, you make multiple accounts, you break this rule or that rule, it's not rocket science.

It does kind of help to be honest. For example when we need to contact players (a big part of the role), its helpful if you know who the player is and how/where to contact them, even more beneficial if you can speak their language so you can actually understand what they are trying to say. Another view would be to say mixing nationalities promotes a more positive view of the community, rather than all English speaking members. Non-english speakers (especially pub players) might not even know there is a committee to report things to as well, a non-english speaker on the committee would be good for those situations too.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #81 on: January 23, 2009, 10:29:39 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 11:57:12 PM by Dirty_Taco »

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #82 on: January 23, 2009, 11:00:18 PM »
I don't think we need czechs running our DP committee. Since dt wanted to show pictures, figured i would.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #83 on: January 24, 2009, 01:06:40 AM »
I don't think we need czechs running our DP committee. Since dt wanted to show pictures, figured i would.
Alright then.  Let me imagine for a second.  Bix is on the committee.  Jitspoe posts a thread and posts a link in the priv channel.  Bix opens the page and goes, well, 4 accounts, i'll just email him.  Then a day or so later you get a reply that says 'i sorry dont know saying'.  Then you think 'well, that was useless'. 

Theres no point using a translater, it just confuses them more.  Currently alot of the issues are to be with czech people right now.  If we can't get back complete replys, then those are going to remain unresolved until we manage to get a piece of information that helps up out of them.

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #84 on: January 24, 2009, 11:57:55 AM »
It was a joke cameron, someone posted a bit back we need like 4 czechs and 19 germans or something stupid.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #85 on: January 24, 2009, 04:24:38 PM »
That would be mosez.

idias

• Autococker
« Reply #86 on: January 24, 2009, 06:00:25 PM »
Another view would be to say mixing nationalities promotes a more positive view of the community, rather than all English speaking members. Non-english speakers (especially pub players)

You could make czech mods...a few english...german and a portuguese (me) ;)

Ok serious I agree mixing nationalities is probably good for the committe... and it would bring some beneficts to the forum.

MosEz

• Autococker
« Reply #87 on: January 25, 2009, 03:53:54 AM »
ya i would be the german one

but bix the problem is when we (the germans) play on pub there are liek 80-85% czech players and there are like 3-4 czech teams in mirc so i think one guy from czech could speak for the whole czech community. I wont say we need millions of ppl for each nationalty but the number of czech players is rising.

RiDe

• Stingray
« Reply #88 on: January 30, 2009, 08:16:58 PM »
You make me laugh sometimes ride lol. I dont have a clue why either.
I'm Australian.. How we roll.

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #89 on: January 30, 2009, 08:47:01 PM »
darn aussies.

wafflez205

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #90 on: January 31, 2009, 10:08:43 AM »
Isn't there committee elections every year? Jits chooses who he wants to be on the committee.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #91 on: January 31, 2009, 10:47:32 AM »
Isn't there committee elections every year? Jits chooses who he wants to be on the committee.

Search function is your friend - so is reading this complete thread....