Author Topic: Build 25  (Read 23359 times)

skitzo

• Autococker
Re: Build 25
« Reply #80 on: February 17, 2009, 11:39:59 AM »
24 was a beta release, not a full one, therefore it stays in the forums not on the files and downloads page.

UDead

• Autococker
« Reply #81 on: February 17, 2009, 02:59:16 PM »
But my question is why is there beta alpha build 25 out on the forums but build 24 not fully compleated and posted to files/downloads pages?

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2009, 03:22:07 PM »
It was a test build. Only for developers (to find bugs and test new features).

UDead

• Autococker
« Reply #83 on: February 17, 2009, 03:53:45 PM »
so what is the new alpha build gonna be? the one that will be posted on download page?

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #84 on: February 17, 2009, 04:13:44 PM »
Probably build 26.

UDead

• Autococker
« Reply #85 on: February 18, 2009, 05:15:51 AM »
I have an idea but I don’t know if this has already been asked, but is there any way to make it when you walk in water and then walk on the ground, is there any way to get it to make it visible that someone has just walked in water, like it leaves a foot step like puddle?

RoBbIe

• Autococker
« Reply #86 on: February 18, 2009, 05:36:06 AM »
Also, I have an idea but I don’t know if this has already been asked, but is there any way to make it when you walk in water and then walk on the ground, is there any way to get it to make it visible that someone has just walked in water, like it leaves a foot step like puddle?

Um udead i dont think in real life it leaves a footstep... but it does make tiny waves and splashes

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #87 on: February 18, 2009, 06:25:00 AM »
I have an idea but I don’t know if this has already been asked, but is there any way to make it when you walk in water and then walk on the ground, is there any way to get it to make it visible that someone has just walked in water, like it leaves a foot step like puddle?

No, not as the current game engine stands.

Bono

• VM-68
« Reply #88 on: February 18, 2009, 09:14:26 AM »
i have idea. Is it possible to run the .exe or .bat files from the console ingame? useful to my theme changer or control music player etc. :)

Or maybe *.bat controller? exec the bat file and control him from game console? would be easy to use :)

Greetings from Poland ;)

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #89 on: February 18, 2009, 10:43:29 AM »
This might be a dumb question, but why are you working on build 25 when you have not posted build 24 up on the files/download page? I know you have been busy but I’m starting to get confused with what build to have right now.
Jits posts builds on the forums that he has compiled with new features. We then download them, knowing that they may well destroy our system if jits has accidetly done something to them. And in case he has, he doesn't put them on the files/downloads page as the public would download it and they would get the virus as well (or, more likely, mave a few minor issues) and they would immediately delete it and never touch it again. By releasing a major build (for example, with vweap), then you are checking that it works for everyone, then making minor changes, recompiling it (making a new build) and then posting that until most of the minor issues are solved, then releasing it onto the download page.
I hope that makes it easier to understand

EDITED - didnt see the extra page of posts

UDead

• Autococker
« Reply #90 on: February 18, 2009, 11:26:52 AM »
thank you, much better, so when do you think a fully completed build gonna be posted to files/downloads page and what build would it be.

Knack, is it possible to have motion in the game? for example, when you walk into the water, the water movies like it would in real life?

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #91 on: February 18, 2009, 12:18:31 PM »
thank you, much better, so when do you think a fully completed build gonna be posted to files/downloads page and what build would it be.
Thats like asking how many betas a map is going to have or, heck, how many builds there are gonna be befre paintball becaomes a beta game, not alpha (wont happen anytime soon). With all the small bugs and things to sort out (although most of them have been sorted out for b26 - which is probably going to be the next official release) it could be b26 or b3000.

capo

• VM-68
« Reply #92 on: February 18, 2009, 12:31:35 PM »
This build is Ugh.

I use oldmodels, and I'm pretty sure almost half of dp uses them as well.

The vwep is attached to their crouch... The death animations are funneyz. When you die, you don't fall over half the time. You just crouch down holding your gun.... and then disappear.

Also found out that, in DM mode... When you get shot and Fall over... You can shoot the opposing player back.

And I can't Log in almost half the time. Which causes me to get kicked from servers as well. :D

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #93 on: February 18, 2009, 04:50:04 PM »
And I can't Log in almost half the time. Which causes me to get kicked from servers as well. :D

Thats not a game issue, thats an issue thats started to come up with the GLS.

capo

• VM-68
« Reply #94 on: February 18, 2009, 05:03:39 PM »
Thats not a game issue, thats an issue thats started to come up with the GLS.

Ah, ok.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #95 on: February 19, 2009, 10:36:30 PM »
On the build numbers: Every time there's a code change, I need to increase the build number, otherwise how will I tell them apart?  If I make a build 25, which has a bug, then fix it, if I make another build 25, and somebody reports that bug again, how will I know if they're using an old version of build 25, or if the bug still exists?  I don't see how it matters if the versions are done like 2.5 or 2.0.0.25 or whatever.  Bigger number = newer version.  You should be using whatever is the biggest number.  Right now, that's build 25.

This build is Ugh.

I use oldmodels, and I'm pretty sure almost half of dp uses them as well.

The vwep is attached to their crouch... The death animations are funneyz. When you die, you don't fall over half the time. You just crouch down holding your gun.... and then disappear.

Also found out that, in DM mode... When you get shot and Fall over... You can shoot the opposing player back.

I don't have time to continue support for the old models.  They were never very high quality to begin with, so I'm not sure why people are so attached to them.  You've had, what, several years to get used to the new models and provide feedback?  The death animations should still play regardless of which models you're using, though.  I haven't been able to reproduce this bug, even when I enable the old models.  Could you record a demo?

The shoot when dead DM bug has been fixed for the next build.

The login issues have nothing to do with the client build.  It's an issue with the login server being overloaded.

Olbaid

• Autococker
« Reply #96 on: February 20, 2009, 10:19:58 PM »
Not sure if this has been said before or if this is even a bug, but the VM-68 and the PGP don't make a different sound when you are out of paint like the other guns do.

Lapppy

• Stingray
« Reply #97 on: February 20, 2009, 10:35:06 PM »
Made observer mode not spaz respawn while holding down the fire button (only respawns once per click - same for chasecam modes). 1:06 AM 10/24/2008

When i hold down the mouse button in observer it still spazzes the respawns. ;)

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #98 on: February 21, 2009, 05:28:16 AM »
Try 'Start New Game' in build 25 then doing it :)

UDead

• Autococker
« Reply #99 on: February 21, 2009, 08:31:02 AM »
i dont know if this has been pointed out but i beleve that is build 25, when im in a game/server i cant change teams (need ops 50), also i cant use any of my bind keys, the only server that i have found that is does not work in JoeZam's Pub.