Author Topic: In Progress: Search and Destroy  (Read 1666 times)

musickid999

• 68 Carbine
In Progress: Search and Destroy
« on: February 10, 2009, 03:34:13 PM »
Hosted and free for testing on White Flag Productions Map Testing Server.
Please post comments and ideas.

Planned idea for map:
if you guys have ever played Call of Duty on Multiplayer, I'm pretty sure you'll know what I planned for this map. The idea is a siege map, but instead of restricting the defending team to just one area around the flag, the entire map is open to both teams. The defenders will have two targets to defend, both a bit far away from each other in order to seperate the number of people camping the targets. That's what the game mode is called in CoD, Search and Destroy. It gives the defenders more choices as to what they can do. You could camp the flag (like a noob), charge straight for the attackers and take down as many as you can with you, or be a ninja and sneak around, knifing them in the back. (my favorite).
The section shown in the screenshots is most likely going to be one of the targets.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 06:30:49 PM by musickid999 »

idias

• Autococker
Re: In Progress: Search and Destroy
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 03:51:37 PM »
Hi,

Is that all...thats the all map?

Take pictures of the inside house and of the base locations...
What you show in the screenshots is good for a midd map...but not enough to be a map

Edit: It's a good work...but  add some more stuff...or post here the things we don't see

Gj anyway  ;)

musickid999

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 06:24:34 PM »
Topic lol. In progress. Thanks for the comments.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 10:09:07 PM »
Suggestions:

- A lot of the plank wood textures should probably just be solid wood.  The planks don't really make sense where they are.
- I'd move the trees away from the wall a little bit so the branches don't stick through.
- Not sure if the rock walls are going to be there when it's complete, but if so, they need some variation/rock shape added to them, so they aren't just large, flat walls.

Looks good so far, though.  Hope the r_speeds aren't too bad.

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 09:34:39 AM »
Looks nice. Dont know how this kind of gamemode will work, but we'll see if you finish this. I think this would look nice at night... ;)

lilb990

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009, 04:51:22 PM »
This map reminds me so much of when i used to play Urban Terror! :)