Author Topic: just a little note  (Read 2809 times)

Excalibur

• 68 Carbine
just a little note
« on: January 26, 2006, 08:51:16 PM »
if im right all match times are eastern. just a heads up i missed a match that i thought was gonna be at 4pm my time cause thats when i set it. but it ended up being at 1 my time when i was at college.

Smokey

• Autococker
Re: just a little note
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 01:51:37 AM »
yea... sorry had to report it..

saturday me vs u will be fun

;D

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2006, 06:11:50 AM »
yeah would be good if there was a time conversion (especially for the europeans ;) )
that stuff is more or less in beta-mode now tho, so dont be too worried about mistakes / things that need to be improved.

MfG
~Pureblood~

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2006, 10:55:43 AM »
if im right all match times are eastern. just a heads up i missed a match that i thought was gonna be at 4pm my time cause thats when i set it. but it ended up being at 1 my time when i was at college.
Something like that happend to me and Spille as well. We decided to make a match at 10pm German time. On "My Challenges" it says: 22:00 (German time), but on the schedule it says 04:00 (German time). Which one is right now? ??? 

***edit: I attached two screenshots:
http://bitmate.bi.funpic.de/pbcup/time_challenge.JPG
http://bitmate.bi.funpic.de/pbcup/time_schedule.JPG

Matze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2006, 01:54:54 PM »
Yes thats a little "bug" i suposse.The "right" one is the one on the shedule, cause the other times on this shedule board are right.

So i guess timezones arent implemanted in "my challenges" yet.

Blitz

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2006, 02:03:04 PM »
yeah, bug.. it'll be fixed.

XtremeBain

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2006, 02:03:41 PM »
Not sure why I hadn't noticed it earlier, bitmate.
Everything on the List Challenges page was set specifically for the EST timezone by accident.  I cleared it up and now it should move with the GMT and CET time, as it does on the Schedule page.
Thanks for providing those screenshots as well.

yeah would be good if there was a time conversion (especially for the europeans ;) )
You'll notice that in bitmate's screenshots in the top function bar there is a Region area with a few different flags.  Clicking the flag will allow you to switch between EST(-5), GMT(0), and CET(+1).  I'm going to work on making more timezones for the american players (-6,-7,-8) but I need some creative ideas for flags/icons.
Any suggestions?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2006, 04:48:52 PM »
Maybe you could make a little dropdown menu or something to select the timezone within the us.  Otherwise you could simply have the American flags with "EST" etc. written on them.

While the flags are kinda cool, it might be better in the long run to just have a dropdown with a complete listing of all time zones, just to make sure everybody is covered.

Excalibur

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2006, 01:53:52 AM »
that would be good jit. you can also use state flags. like the state flag for california for -8 gmt

XtremeBain

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2006, 03:38:21 AM »
As jitspoe was writing his post I was implementing multiple timezones for North America.  You'll notice there are a few more flags in the mix of things that represent PST/MST/CST/EST timezones.  As well I've created another field beneath the player registration for their default timezone or region.  Players who have already registered can simply make these changes by going through the Modify Profile, towards the bottom.
Also I've changed the challenge system for the GMT/CET timezones such that they represent 00-23h instead of 12am-11pm.  Sorry if this had caused any initial confusion. :)
Feel free to make any further timezone related suggestions here.