Author Topic: NOT A Unification Theory...  (Read 1930 times)

S8NSSON

• Autococker
NOT A Unification Theory...
« on: February 16, 2009, 01:54:18 PM »
I guess it's pretty common to some that physicists and mathematicians are having a difficult time unifying General Relativity and Quantum Mechanics. Sure, there's String Theory and a mess of other theories and what not, but they obviously haven't asked me or they would know the answer.

It's so blatantly obvious and simple...
The two oscillate. The simplest way to put it in the old, "we are an atom under the thumbnail of some other being," concept. General Relativity happens inside of particles governed by its rules. At the particle level Quantum Mechanics rules until you back away so much as to be inside a larger particle and back under the rule of General Relativity again.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
Re: NOT A Unification Theory...
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 02:03:00 PM »
lol
* KnacK wonders when the Big Bang Theory will talk about string theory

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 09:49:41 PM »
Why, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard! :D

Scale is pretty clearly a big deal, though. I don't think there's large-scale Quantum stuff, but relativity happens everywhere. :P

EDIT: I mean special relativity.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 05:16:32 AM »
Wow....
* KnacK posted the right comment in the wrong thread.....

Thanks S8NNSON

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 06:44:06 AM »
Nah you don't get it...when the big gets so big it becomes the small. When I say big, at that reference our universe wouldn't even be visible or measurable. It would be about measuring what contains our universe.

It really is the "under the thumbnail of an alien" theory just taken a little further.
What i'm saying is that inside each of the tiniest of particles is a universe, and we are thus a universe inside the tiniest of particle. So there would be a unification from large to small, and then another one from the small to the large-small.

Furthermore, I think there is a massive time-scale difference between Perception Zones. To a larger zone the existence of our universe is very very short. Likewise, to a smaller zone the existence of our universe is perceptually infinite.

This is all just ponder-theory. There is no more proof of it being fact/fiction than any other theory.
What we do know is that we don't know, and may never know. Any hypothesis today has every bit a chance of being fact than any other. I just don't believe our universe is all there is. Really it wouldn't make sense. If there were a singularity then what existed one meter to the left of it before the big bang? Empty space? A void of nothing? And if the universe is expanding, which we know it is, then what is it expanding into? It has to be expanding into something. Our knowledge says nothing can expand and not take up some other space. And, yes, i'm saying "our knowledge" because it is possible our knowledge is out-shadowed by what is going on at that scale.

I've often wondered where the center of the universe is. Ever wonder that? Google it and you'll get the same lame answer in many different places, "...there is no center, the universe is expanding from everywhere so the center is everywhere." Also, you will read that perceptually every place that you sit in the universe looks like the center (everything is moving away from you no matter where you are). Why can't they just say they don't know? Because that explanation is lame. They'll show some balloon being blown up, as example, stating that the universe is like the surface of the balloon expanding in all directions. Yeah, that works well for the flat surface of the balloon, how about the inner volume?

If everything in our universe currently sits in the same orientation as it did in the singularity, then the singularity was not a singularity because the whole of all matter contained in our universe does not currently sit in the same place. There is not, and therefore had to be then, some distance measurable in the singularity, and therefore there must be a center. There must be a point where everything has expanded from, where the singularity resided in the void before the big bang/crunch/slingshot/[insert theory here].

I dunno...it makes sense (or doesn't make sense depending on how you look at it) to me.

Why, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard! :D

Scale is pretty clearly a big deal, though. I don't think there's large-scale Quantum stuff, but relativity happens everywhere. :P

EDIT: I mean special relativity.

nightryder

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 12:48:57 AM »
hmmm....
this seems a little over my head.
Please make whatever you're talking about into .gif format so i can understand.
thx

I represent the future

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2009, 02:55:33 PM »
Just trying to fathom the idea that "space" is infinite and not one big snow globe that some sentient has on his desk just makes my head hurt.

Understanding, or even realising that the universe is still expanding is not hard to comprehend, but when you factor it "expanding into what", all bets are off.

Like the pioneer and voyager spacecraft: theywill never ever ever reach the edge of what some presume to be theedge of the universe.

Playah

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2009, 08:29:04 PM »
I have had the same idea in my mind for quite some time, s8n. Thanks for the visualization. Another possible solution imo could be the parallel universe theory.

In addition to your theory i've thought about a small possible tweak: Considering the viewpoint of the universe, planets or humans could be regarded as "Quantum Mechanics". In this case the red graph would be moved in manner that the "Unification zone"-graph-part is placed in the current "General Relativity".

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2009, 09:51:51 PM »
Yes...YES!!!

Knack:
That kind of thinking makes me ponder even more. It's so exciting to think about the possibilities.

Playah:
I here ya on the parallel theory!
And, yeah, the graph could, and probably would, be shifted in some manner if this was true.

I've often thought of this scenario where our universe could be some atom or something inside a dark place in another universe.
And how crazy it would be if in that universe someone was opening a door to the dark space from a lit room or space. Due to the size and time-space difference everything in the larger universe would appear to happen really really really slow to us. So one day we start to see this really slowly expanding streak of light across the universe (the door cracking open to the lit space in the larger universe). It takes many many ions just to grow to a 10th of a degree across the sky. All of humanity would be freaking out on it.

Playah

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2009, 07:09:46 AM »
That our universe could be in a dark place sounds likely because when we speak about small things like atoms, we know that there's a extremely small amount of them on the surface of a structure in relation to the whole structure itself. (example: structure=stone,etc.)
As for the opening "door" you've mentioned, imo that's very unlikely because our universe would be too fast paced for that event if we think of our universe as an "atom" or part of an "atom". I'd rather see our universe's life compared to the other greater universe in relation of as how long a atomic loop endures for us.

And also as we're speaking of our universe as an "atom", it is important to point out that, since we don't know in which scale to an "atom" in the "other universe" we are, our universe could be analogical to an "atom" or otherwise an insanely small part of it. The latter would make the talk about "atoms" problematic even when we are talking on this thesis of smaller-larger (as seen in your drawing).