Author Topic: Forfeight Feature  (Read 2703 times)

DAMIEN

• VM-68
Forfeight Feature
« on: January 27, 2006, 04:54:34 AM »
Hmm im not to sure if i like this lil feature... seems to me that it's a lame way for people who are conserned with their rank to make themselves look better. In my opinion, if there's a no-show u shouldn't be taking a win, cause u didnt win. But thats just my opinion...

digi

• 68 Carbine
Re: Forfeight Feature
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 05:09:40 AM »
This is how it works in any other league/ladder. Both parties agree on a set date/time, so there shouldn't be a reason why someone doesn't show.

Let them think they're good because they get forfeit wins, it's not a big deal. We all know the truth. =p

But, there's really no other way to go regarding no-shows.

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2006, 05:53:55 AM »
i might be wrong, but I believe I was talking to XBain about that topic, and I mentioned that

a) the one who didnt show up should be punished
b) the one who 'won' shouldnt get any points

I actually believe he agreed on that and said it will be done this way, so we will have to wait to hear his opinion. I personally think that it's not good that players can get some default wins this way, but that also will be a problem with something else:  what if somebody just matches newbs? He might rise in the ladder quickly (up to a certain extent, where he will only get very few points for a win).
Of course, you will be forced to accept challenges of challengees who sit close to you in the ladder... XBain will post up the rules soonish.

Matze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2006, 08:23:34 AM »
Well, i think it´s ok. because if you wanna match, your taking your time,prepairing thigs...and then your oponnnetn doesnt show up.I think that u should get like some point from your opponent that didnt show up.

Excalibur

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2006, 01:56:22 AM »
i agree but not till the time zones are up and right. i missed one match because i thought it was 4pm my time not eatern time. i was at college at that time.

DAMIEN

• VM-68
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2006, 01:05:11 AM »
i might be wrong, but I believe I was talking to XBain about that topic, and I mentioned that

a) the one who didnt show up should be punished
b) the one who 'won' shouldnt get any points

i like this

Matze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2006, 07:04:27 AM »
Well...

But what to do if your already matching and your opponent is leaving (for waht ever reason) ?

Then u will reprot the forfeit and wont get a win?

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2006, 07:21:47 AM »
Matze:

just yesterday I was thinking about exactly the same problem.

My solution would be:
- include 2 forfeit options:
      - forfeit because opponent left
      - forfeit because opponent didnt show up
- dont grant points to the winner if the opponent never showed up, but grant (all or some) points to the winner if they finished at least 1 match
- punish the one forfeiting in any case

Matze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2006, 07:37:40 AM »
Yes, that is really getting close to something that i like  ;D