Author Topic: Feature Vote: Increasing Ban Time  (Read 6028 times)

KI3S

• 68 Carbine
Feature Vote: Increasing Ban Time
« on: February 23, 2009, 11:03:24 PM »
I've noticed that more and more multiple accounts have been detected yet nothing really is being done about it. It takes the committee long enough to ban the person for multi's. But it seems that no one is really understanding that it's not okay to make a multiple account. I mean, 8 days probably doesn't really scare anyone. Even 16 is not that long, when it takes longer then 16 days for the committee to vote and decide. Maybe ban time should be increased? It clearly states when you make a dplogin account that:

Only One Account Per Person
1. One. Uno. Un. Once you've registered an account, you can add multiple player names to it, so there should be no need for additional accounts. Registering more than one account may result in a global ban from all game servers.

This should also be implemented for other bans like speed hacking, ratbots, and wallhacks.

EDIT:
http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=16395.0

« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 02:16:25 PM by KI3S »

fasian

• 68 Carbine
Re: Feature Vote: Increasing Ban Time
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 11:34:31 PM »

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 12:37:35 AM »
Personally, I think the GLS system needs a facelift.  Many people are sure to find it confusing trying to register their accounts, even I did.  In conjunction with that, however, I do agree with you.  The rules are clearly stated, they should be followed.  Anyone who doesn't follow the rules should be punished, especially when they are so blatantly stated.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 02:07:51 AM »
The 8 days are there for people who admit to having accounts before they are caught.  I would like to see the ban time increase especially for aimbot / modified maps / wallhacks etc.  When registering an account, another possible thing could be to register only 1 account from that IP address, and if another one is required for a family member, then contact jitspoe (or someone else if it was made possible to).  16 days on the multiple accounts.... well, for someone that is what people classify as a 'noob', then 16 is enough, because they might've just put 1 in there just to register and ignored the rules or something, but someone in the community that is not classified as a newb should get a longer punishment for knowing better.  With hacks n stuff, different story.  I'd like to see the first offence ban time go up to 64, it may get the message across.  If you are not a noob and should know way better not to hack, then maybe even higher.

Its just my opinion on how it should work, because from what I can see, people don't give a intercourse about these current ban times, and just continuously keep doing it.  Its a free game, no need for this kinda excrement, consider yourselves lucky that this game doesn't have punkbuster on it.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 09:38:54 AM »

KI3S

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 05:19:37 PM »
I was thinking that of Jits made a feature vote for this, alot of people who might have multiple accounts/hack might put -1 because if they ever got caught it would mean more ban time for them. So maybe this can be an issue for committee.

When registering an account, another possible thing could be to register only 1 account from that IP address, and if another one is required for a family member, then contact jitspoe (or someone else if it was made possible to).

I don't agree with the ip thing because if someone is new to the game and a family member wants to make an account too but sees that they can't, they might just find a different game.

And I think 8 days on a noob might be a little harsh, but alot of people that have multiple accounts KNOW what they are doing. Also, I agree with Cameron. It seems that people aren't hazed by the thought of being banned for 8 days.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 07:40:56 PM by KI3S »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 05:56:36 PM »
It's only 8 days when people come forward about it.  If you get caught before coming clean, you get 16 days (about half of a month).

KI3S

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 07:41:40 PM »
It's only 8 days when people come forward about it.  If you get caught before coming clean, you get 16 days (about half of a month).

I guess thats a no lol.

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2009, 09:09:25 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 01:48:49 AM by P!nk »

KI3S

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2009, 09:13:05 PM »

Erm, if the community doesn't support something then the committee shouldn't be able to force them to. The committee is supposed to represent what the community wants, when that's no longer true, something is wrong. 

Yes but if I had a multi account I wouldn't vote for something to increase ban time. All I'm saying is that people are making multiple accounts and really seem not to care about it. I just think maybe an increase in ban time, including other hacks, might make people think twice before hacking/making multiple accounts.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2009, 09:22:09 PM »
What he said.  It doesn't really need to be increased for multiple accounts, but for hacking I think it should.  People KNOW they shouldn't but still do.  To me it seems 32 days just isn't enough to teach some a lesson.

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2009, 09:41:10 PM »
I agree with the first ban being 32 days to be honest. Almost everyone I know who was banned for 32 days came back to the game clean and are now valuable members of this community. Now the second offence is a whole different story. I think it should be permanent.

KI3S

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2009, 06:10:11 PM »
 Possible Multi Account: rasty 
by zimtstern

Possible Multi Account: Cors 
by jitspoe

Possible Multi Account: dave 
by MosEz

Possible Multiple Accounts: Want, on3 & (campercamper)? 
by THE-MAN

Possible Multi Account: Hilkos 
by b00nlander

Multi account Aveiro, youtube 
by Santader

Possible Multi Account: Sunman 
by jitspoe

Possible Multi Account: xend 
by MosEz

Multiple Accounts: soutech, trabos 
by MosEz

Multi accounts: NaNi, JaNo etc........ 
by Santader

3 multi-accounts (obvious.)  ak-47 7 197
by MosEz

Multi account?: sCRiPT « 1 2 3 4 »
by SuMMit!

Multi..shazam22, shazam33 

Sorry. When I look in issues for committee this is what I see.

Yes mag I think 32 is sufficient but I agree on second offenses, maybe it should be more hurtful then 64 days. They hacked, they had 32 days to think about it and come back fresh, and they decide to hack again.

lilb990

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2009, 07:50:37 PM »

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2009, 11:25:45 PM »
Hmm.  Lets settle it, 32 days first offense, then perm (i don't actually see the problem with that)?  I'm happy for it to go that way, at least there is room for a mistake as stated above.  I find it find the way it is for multiple accounts, dont give a intercourse about them.  If people don't learn from their mistakes, then they don't get to play at all.  After the first 32 days, they might actually think the next stage is a threat.

wafflez205

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2009, 12:51:11 AM »
Maybe we should take the vac no bullfeces approach. Any hacking = bye bye nice to know you perma ban

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2009, 01:08:23 AM »
Maybe we should take the vac no bullfeces approach. Any hacking = bye bye nice to know you perma ban
Isn't that what punkbuster does?  This isn't punkbuster, so people DO get a little bit of a room to make mistakes, but then after that, then the perm ban should go in place.

wafflez205

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2009, 01:33:30 AM »
Punkbustet and valve's vac use that approach. The 1strike 32 days 2nd strike perma ban thing is good too

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2009, 03:29:37 AM »
Thats what I'm saying.  This isn't punkbuster, so people should also consider that, and think what would happen if this game did have it....

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2009, 06:37:32 AM »
* KnacK would love for the game to have it.