Author Topic: Feature : Ingame - Tool launched after installing - GLS account creator  (Read 1812 times)

w3b5t3r

• VM-68
Hi

It would be cool if a tool to create GLS account was made.

For example, it would launch automatically when paintball2.exe would be launched and it should allow to :

Create accounts (instead of going to the website -> Lil time gained )

Logging the account with this tool -> Easier than the one in-game.

It could contain a language pack for non english spoken.

Maybe you'll think that's not useful, but I just saw that many and lany players haven't got a GLS account and are kicked because of this.

You could also open the page to create account (you know with add account to game and link to create one) when launching the game for the first time.

Maybe this idea have already been said, if yes sorry but I didn't see.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
While I admit the account creation could be more user friendly, I think it's best to have it on the web site to at least make people aware that there is a site with active forums, updates, etc.

w3b5t3r

• VM-68
Anyway, we should make something to force new players to create an account before starting playing.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Anyway, we should make something to force new players to create an account before starting playing.
Why should it be forced?  There are probably thousands of people who try the game out, don't like it, and leave.  If they all created accounts, I'd have more people bugging me about names they want that inactive players have.

Kyuuchi

• Autococker

Logging the account with this tool -> Easier than the one in-game.

whats so difficult about the one in the game?

IronFist

• Autococker
whats so difficult about the one in the game?

It may as well remain web-based.

1) There's no need to go modify client/menu code when a change to the registration process is made
2) You have to verify the account via e-mail anyway, so you can't do it all from within the game (allowing unchecked account creation is not a possibility)