Author Topic: Feature Vote: Specfic Ban for Admin Abuse on Servers.  (Read 2172 times)

KI3S

• 68 Carbine
Feature Vote: Specfic Ban for Admin Abuse on Servers.
« on: March 01, 2009, 08:22:01 PM »
http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=9574.msg97275#msg97275

If there isn't a specific ban for admin abuse on servers, I think it should be implemented. Some people who I don't think have made a map in there life have admin to some servers and abuse it like crazy. An example is the EV1 ALT Beta server. Everytime I go on there its chaos with 3 or 4 people having admin and changing maps in the middle. And putting non-beta maps on. So +1 for me.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
Re: Feature Vote: Specfic Ban for Admin Abuse on Servers.
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 09:12:14 PM »
1. This will never get implemented as it doesn't need to be.
2. If you dont like it you can:
      A. Get your own server and play there.
      B. Play on servers where admins don't abuse their power.

Sorry but there is no control over who runs and who admins servers.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 10:35:31 PM »
I think this will help considerably with issues like login passwords getting leaked:  http://dplogin.com/dplogin/featurevote/feature.php?id=10133

Not sure why so many people are voting against it...

KI3S

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 10:51:52 PM »
I will post some screenshots if I can find some that I took of servers with 4-5 admins fighting over what map THEY want to play. They constantly switch the map which:

1. New players won't get a chance to actually play a map if they are on that server and might just decide this game is a waste, then you lose a possible person for our community.
2. It's just annoying. People with admin and abuse it who haven't even made a map to get the admin.

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 01:47:44 AM »
It's really annoying like on EV1 beta, somebody always changes the map. It really makes me mad. Once i was playing on beta, because i was testing my map. Then suddenly one guy comes, and changes shz 22 >:(.  (Jitspoe you should change the pass for EV1 beta, i think...)

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 01:56:24 AM »
I'm confused. If an admin is abusing their power, and server admin could very easily just take it away. Who's doing the banning here?

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2009, 06:58:55 AM »
I think this will help considerably with issues like login passwords getting leaked:  http://dplogin.com/dplogin/featurevote/feature.php?id=10133

Not sure why so many people are voting against it...

ACK!!! It looks like I voted no isntead of yes - changed my vote.

I will post some screenshots if I can find some that I took of servers with 4-5 admins fighting over what map THEY want to play. They constantly switch the map which:

1. New players won't get a chance to actually play a map if they are on that server and might just decide this game is a waste, then you lose a possible person for our community.
2. It's just annoying. People with admin and abuse it who haven't even made a map to get the admin.

Blame the server owners/operators for this.  Again, they pay for THEIR servers so they can do what they want.

vague312

• VM-68
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2009, 10:59:29 AM »
this is something that you should really take up with the server owner. all it takes is an email.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2009, 04:00:21 PM »
I could change the password on the beta server, but it would be difficult to track down all the people who have beta maps on there and send them the new password, and it would probably just be a short matter of time before people started sharing the password and switching to non-beta maps.

KI3S

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2009, 10:44:52 PM »
I could change the password on the beta server, but it would be difficult to track down all the people who have beta maps on there and send them the new password, and it would probably just be a short matter of time before people started sharing the password and switching to non-beta maps.

True that :P I'm just waiting for all the admin abusers I took screenshots of and sent to Jits to get their lovely reward :] tehe