Poll

Do you cheat when playing Paint Ball 2

No, and never have.
No, but I have in the past.
No, but I wish I knew how.
Yes, once in a while
Yes, all the time.

Author Topic: Anonymous Cheating Statistics Poll  (Read 5967 times)

stabbs

• Stingray
Anonymous Cheating Statistics Poll
« on: March 03, 2009, 07:26:48 PM »
This is anonymous.  I just want to see what percentage of players really do cheat or if I really am just a big time newb!

Spook

• Autococker
Re: Anonymous Cheating Statistics Poll
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 08:01:50 PM »
I speed cheated when I first started playing, was comical :P

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 09:23:03 PM »
I used modified content for the longest time. (painted jpegs)

I still also believe being able to modify .jpeg files would draw people and keep people. Although that is an IMO.

Byz

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 09:36:17 PM »
I used wallhack a few years ago.

KI3S

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 10:41:38 PM »
*KI3S wishes he knew how..

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009, 11:00:11 PM »
I loaded ZGH cause i was bored. Got banned and came back 32 days later to find out everyone still sucked.

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 01:16:19 AM »
I used ZGH when I first started playing this game.  However, it was on a private college network and everyone else was using it, so nobody had the advantage.  :P

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2009, 01:23:24 AM »
I used ZGH when I first started playing this game.  However, it was on a private college network and everyone else was using it, so nobody had the advantage.  :P
*gasp*

vLaD

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2009, 01:26:26 AM »
i checked both out speed and aim never ZHG i hated them all. its pointless to hack just for an advantage. people hack  because they want others to think that they are better and maybe they might think someone might respect them for it. i think its stupid and cheap. and stabbs ill agree with you your just a big time noob. most of us played for over 5 years and learned how to jump and move properly if you put in the time and effor you will get better faster.

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2009, 01:30:09 AM »
* Zorchenhimer slaps Eiii

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2009, 01:32:11 AM »
you cant just go round telling people they are noobs ..
you were like him once we all were - it takes time and effort  to get better and ppl need to respect that - calling people noobs wont get you anywhere and wont help them become better
also knack you hacked? :P

vLaD

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2009, 01:36:01 AM »
im telling him what it is. you cant go around saying your god unless your god. same stuff. should i lie to him to make him feel better? or tell him the truth i know i was one before also. but we all can become better with practice as i stated. if you take everything offensively in this game quit before you commit suicide.

RiDe

• Stingray
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2009, 03:12:07 AM »
i checked both out speed and aim never ZHG i hated them all. its pointless to hack just for an advantage. people hack  because they want others to think that they are better and maybe they might think someone might respect them for it. i think its stupid and cheap. and stabbs ill agree with you your just a big time noob. most of us played for over 5 years and learned how to jump and move properly if you put in the time and effor you will get better faster.
2words:Homing Bullet

MosEz

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2009, 03:17:04 AM »
I speed cheated when I first started playing, was comical :P

same :D

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2009, 05:49:42 AM »

stabbs

• Stingray
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2009, 07:33:12 AM »

I understand that I am probably somewhat of a noob, but I have come a long way already.  I do know a lot of the jumps and moves.  No, I don't know them all, but I watch what others do and I do most of it.  The thing that gets me is when every time I'm just moving into view of someone else, at full speed and everything, they shoot me with out even trying, so I'm like "what?  gotta be some cheating going on here."  Doesn't happen with all, but a lot of people it does.  Then other games I'll be playing and I'll be wasting everyone.  So that's why I'm checking to see what the percentage of players are that do cheat.  However, this poll is probably somewhat skewed because it is only the more devoted players, which are probably those less likely to cheat.  So if I were to consider, based off of this poll and the idea that most here wouldn't cheat, there's probably about 20 to 30 percent of the players that cheat, which means that in most games of more than 10 people, there are at least 2 or 3 cheaters in it.

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2009, 12:41:30 PM »
I understand that I am probably somewhat of a noob, but I have come a long way already.  I do know a lot of the jumps and moves.  No, I don't know them all, but I watch what others do and I do most of it.  The thing that gets me is when every time I'm just moving into view of someone else, at full speed and everything, they shoot me with out even trying, so I'm like "what?  gotta be some cheating going on here."  Doesn't happen with all, but a lot of people it does.  Then other games I'll be playing and I'll be wasting everyone.  So that's why I'm checking to see what the percentage of players are that do cheat.  However, this poll is probably somewhat skewed because it is only the more devoted players, which are probably those less likely to cheat.  So if I were to consider, based off of this poll and the idea that most here wouldn't cheat, there's probably about 20 to 30 percent of the players that cheat, which means that in most games of more than 10 people, there are at least 2 or 3 cheaters in it.

It is probably not cheating in most cases. It is routinely the talented players that dominate, and it is predictable. When you see certain people in a server you know they will have a high ratio the majority of the time. Once you know who they are you will realize why you sometimes own and sometimes not.  You own when the consistently good players are absent. You get owned when they are present.

Most cheaters who are good players are looking for a little edge on the competition.  Your experience probably derives more from a gulf in talent and practice than your opponent cheating for a slight edge. It comes with time. And for some it never comes. Some just don't have the natural reflexes or hand-eye coordination necessary.

I for one have sub-par aim. So it is no surprise when I die quickly against talented players. I may get lucky sometimes, but a player with good aim will shoot me first the majority of the time. That is just life.

Having said that, cheating is a problem. It is unclear how big of a problem right now. Some say many people cheat. Jits contends it is far less than some claim.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 01:37:57 PM by m7feettall »

eXitus

• Committee Member
  • VM-68
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2009, 12:56:05 PM »
Tried out Ratbot in 1on1 vs a friend of mine (aimbotting too). Was funny but not really effective  ;D

supermonkey

• PGP
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2009, 10:44:57 PM »
never hacked, never tried to hack, never will hack...dunno how and am too lazy to bother trying.  Plus I've never seen the point in letting a computer/program play a game for you.  Whats the point in playing if the only thing you do is move forward, might as well make a program to do everything for you.

Henkka

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2009, 01:11:45 AM »
Czechs use undetectable aimbots.