Author Topic: Former Clans  (Read 3601 times)

KI3S

• 68 Carbine
Former Clans
« on: March 03, 2009, 08:36:59 PM »
I've noticed that dplogin only shows 30 former clans and no more. Does it show the first 30 former clans and not the recent ones that people have been on?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Former Clans
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 09:46:13 PM »
I probably set the query limit to 30, not expecting that people would ever join more than that.  Silly me.

Edit: Increased the limit to 300.  I should probably put some time limits on creating/joining clans, as well.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 09:54:04 PM »
Edit: Increased the limit to 300.  I should probably put some time limits on creating/joining clans, as well.

Please do?

KI3S

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 10:39:26 PM »
I actually thought only showing 30 clans was pretty good, as no one wants to look through EVERY clan someone's been on. My only reason I asked this was because I saw that it showed the first 30 clans. I thought that maybe if the last 30 clans were shown, people could see their most recent clans.

Also, is there any specific order as to how the clans are listed?

I should probably put some time limits on creating/joining clans, as well.

Sounds amazing.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 05:52:16 AM »
I should probably put some time limits on creating/joining clans, as well.

++++++++++++++++++ I hope without a feature vote :)

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 06:31:31 AM »
If you started a limit on how many clan's you could join, Would you restart everyone's formers? And put something when you register an account for new players? Also Ki3s i like the idea of showing the more Recent 30 rather then the first 30.

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 11:44:26 AM »
If you started a limit on how many clan's you could join, Would you restart everyone's formers?

He means more along the lines of:

Player can only join 1 clan a month.
Player can only create 1 clan every 3 months.

(Just like we have time limits on when we can delete names)
He doesn't mean specifically caps on limits. Unless he were to do it for creating a clan which would work.

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2009, 04:07:14 PM »
but then what happens if the clan dies? they can't get into the match scene for the rest of the time period left on the limit?

nub

• VM-68
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2009, 04:13:24 PM »
also what if someone gets kicked from a clan or something? as a joke.
does that mean they cant get back in?

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2009, 04:18:34 PM »
but then what happens if the clan dies? they can't get into the match scene for the rest of the time period left on the limit?

then join or make a clan that won't die :D

also what if someone gets kicked from a clan or something? as a joke.
does that mean they cant get back in?
If he can do it the same way as my example, then I believe if its to join the same clan, it'll still see it as 1 clan per whatever.

MosEz

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2009, 04:25:52 PM »
I would prefer the limit of 30 and maybe if u are in more clans u should get a warn

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2009, 04:49:04 PM »
The problem with that, is when you start off you don't really have an idea what your doing. Most of the people with hardly any formers started before you had to register clans. They learned the game, clanhopped and everything without the clans showing up. Now, registering clans comes around and they have like 3 formers because they understand the game. So the newbies coming into dp after you have to register clans, don't have any idea what their doing, and make clans that show up on former clans. After getting mIRC some of them learn the concept of clans, and not to clanhop but already have alot of formers. Others do not. Unless you get 1 restart on your formers or something, i don't think it would be fair to have limits on clans you can join.

KI3S

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2009, 05:22:13 PM »
The problem with that, is when you start off you don't really have an idea what your doing. Most of the people with hardly any formers started before you had to register clans. They learned the game, clanhopped and everything without the clans showing up. Now, registering clans comes around and they have like 3 formers because they understand the game. So the newbies coming into dp after you have to register clans, don't have any idea what their doing, and make clans that show up on former clans. After getting mIRC some of them learn the concept of clans, and not to clanhop but already have alot of formers. Others do not. Unless you get 1 restart on your formers or something, i don't think it would be fair to have limits on clans you can join.

Myers described me. I have about 20  former clans and I'd like to not have the ones I clanhopped when I first started playing to be on my formers. Anyways +1 to Myers

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2009, 06:15:11 PM »
Whats wrong with people clan hopping or anything?  They are just being idiots, and are getting themselves a bad name.

SkaDooSh

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2009, 06:20:06 PM »
If you could only join 1 clan a month that would be AWSOME. It would teach the newies to stick to a clan, and maybe if you leave the clan or get kicked you can still join back to THE SAME CLAN in case of accidents. But not another clan. They wont give a restart.

MosEz

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2009, 12:26:22 AM »

they also dont even know the forum :D

maybe we sould do it like with registered names. After a period of time the oldest clan can be deleated. Maybe after 50 days.
what do u think?

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2009, 09:17:02 AM »
no.

Clans need to be atttached to the user as part of their history, just liek a resume.  Plus it really mucks up the database.

MosEz

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2009, 09:31:17 AM »
ok

KI3S

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2009, 05:03:11 PM »
no.

Clans need to be atttached to the user as part of their history, just liek a resume.  Plus it really mucks up the database.

Yes but instead of all the clans showing like Jitspoe just made it, I think showing the 30 most recent would be good. When you log into dplogin you would see ALL your former clans, but on your profile, it'll only show the 30 most recent. Maybe there can be a button on the profile that you click and it'll show all. Just throwing out ideas.