Author Topic: Seeking Committee Volunteers (March 2009)  (Read 11510 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Seeking Committee Volunteers (March 2009)
« on: March 04, 2009, 10:37:43 AM »
We have about 6 spots that need to be filled in the committee.  I won't lie.  About 90% of what the committee deals with is multiple account issues, so we need people who are willing and able to contact lots of players in order to investigate these issues and make informed decisions.  In particular, we really need somebody who can communicate with the Czech players.

We'll run the committee member selection like we did last time, so if you're interested in helping out on the committee, please respond to the following questions:

How much time per week would you be willing to dedicate to resolving issues brought up to the committee?

Have you been in a position where you have had to make difficult "grey area" decisions?  Give some examples.

Are you comfortable with contacting people via email, IRC, Ventrilo, etc. in order to investigate issues?

On a scale from 1 to 10, how well would you say you know players from the "pub scene".  1 being you don't play pubs.  10 being you play on public servers every day and know everybody there.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how well do you know players from the matching scene?  1 being you don't match.  10 being you are heavily involved in a clan and know members of every other clan very well.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how well do you know the IRC community. 1 being you don't use IRC.  10 being you idle in most of the channels and know everybody but "DPSurfer" (but can usually identify him within a couple lines of text or by his hostmask unless he's legitimately a new player).

If you are presented with a case where it appears somebody has violated the rules, but you can't find enough evidence to prove it 100%, would you vote to punish him or not?

Would you be willing to turn over a friend or clan mate if you suspected him of violating the rules?

Are you prepared to take the crap the community may throw at you, if they don't agree with a decision, and behave in a mature and professional manner?

Why do you feel you would be a good member of the committee?

If you are not interested in being on the committee, please don't reply to this thread.  Off-topic posts will be deleted.

Edited to make this more obvious ^^^
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 11:57:54 PM by jitspoe »

MosEz

• Autococker
Re: Seeking Committee Volunteers (March 2009)
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 01:55:16 PM »
How much time per week would you be willing to dedicate to resolving issues brought up to the committee?

Well Iam every day around in mIRC or in the forum and so I could deal with problems, help people or other things.
I also know the whole situation about dp.

Have you been in a position where you have had to make difficult "grey area" decisions?  Give some examples.

Well I cant remember.

Are you comfortable with contacting people via email, IRC, Ventrilo, etc. in order to investigate issues?

Well Iam very active in mIRC. Ventrilo isnt my thing but i use Teamspeak and ya I could contact ppl via email.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how well would you say you know players from the "pub scene".  1 being you don't play pubs.  10 being you play on public servers every day and know everybody there.

9-10 I know like 85% of the europeans. And also many americans.But i dont know all czechs. They are 2 much. lol but i pub very often. my name is well known

On a scale from 1 to 10, how well do you know players from the matching scene?  1 being you don't match.  10 being you are heavily involved in a clan and know members of every other clan very well.

10 I made like over 2000 matches in 5 years.So I think i know the match scene.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how well do you know the IRC community. 1 being you don't use IRC.  10 being you idle in most of the channels and know everybody but "DPSurfer" (but can usually identify him within a couple lines of text or by his hostmask unless he's legitimately a new player).

10. I helped like 75% of the clans in mIRC to get a usefull channel.

If you are presented with a case where it appears somebody has violated the rules, but you can't find enough evidence to prove it 100%, would you vote to punish him or not?

I would talk with him about it. It should also possible to get other opinions.

Would you be willing to turn over a friend or clan mate if you suspected him of violating the rules?

well ya.

Are you prepared to take the crap the community may throw at you, if they don't agree with a decision, and behave in a mature and professional manner?

I would talk with them and would accept opinions. i can live with cristismn

Well iam around for 5 years. play since build 7 and know this game more then some others.
I helped many guys who had questions.
Iam usefull in mIRC and helped many guys to make their chans.
and I make some good exambles to help newbies or something like that.
I've posted and found a good deal of multiple accounts.
Well and I made some cups to rise the dp scene up again :D
And Iam very fair.And I know this game for a very long time  - the problems - the hope and the future options.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 12:18:04 AM by MosEz »

nub

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 02:20:51 PM »

I am on like everyday. So My answer is everyday.

I caught someone stealing. and then they went to jail.

I use everything from email, to IRc, to vent to msn to yahoo messenger. I pretty much have that going on.

7. I know some people not all of them.

9. Im in a clan and know many people in the matching seen.

9. I know my way around the IRC

You know it depends on the case. But if there isnt enough evidence then there if no proof. Meaning they shouldnt be punished.

Yeah I did that once

I can be mature

I BREATHE. SLEEP. DP2.

lilb990

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 07:02:31 PM »

I'm on every single day so every day

Never been in one

I'm on IRC everyday i use ventrilo every single day and e-mail is i'll do

10 because i'm a pub newbie!  I know everyone in the pub scene

I'd say about an 8 maybe 8.5 because i'm active and we match almost every day.

10 I know pretty much every person on IRC going from american people to european

Well, if it's demo wise just like Bix said watch it over with the specific hack on. But if there's like only a little bit of information that can't be clarified well then no i would not vote to punish him.

Yup

Already take crap from most people in the community and i just simply ignore it and go on because those are the people who aren't successful at playing this game.

Well i admit i have hacked before and know how some hacks work because i took a course in highschool called IBCA computer class to graduate and we would make all of these hacks for games and know how to work them so i have some ability in catching some.

FluKe

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 07:16:39 PM »
Every day.

Never been in one.

Yes. i go on ventrilo most  of the time and mirc talking

On a scale from 1 to 10, how well would you say you know players from the "pub scene".  1 being you don't play pubs.  10 being you play on public servers every day and know everybody there. 10.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Beacouse im on every day and i talk to most the people on Mirc and Xfire and more.

I do know very little Czech but i can speak it

« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 09:10:04 AM by nick123 »

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 08:10:10 PM »
Sorry we chose to not let you in 3iob br.  No one has ever been banned while in 3iob, i rest my case. I've never been banned for hacking. I've hacked, you've hacked. 95% of DP hacked if they knew how back when modded content was around. Was i ever banned? No.

I would love to see me talking excrement without instigation.

I am probably not the best choice but do we really want inactive forum trolls or people that are 14 or less?

Do we want nick123? Mr. i support cheaters, clan with cheaters, and act like an idiot?

Do we want navy? Almost as bad as nick123...cheated, lied about asking for wallhacks. For christ's sake, he is banned right now and asking to be on the committee.

Do we want nub? A 12 year old who IMO is one of the most annoying people.

EDIT: Olbaid chose to remove the map on his own. I had nothing to do with it nor did i recommend it. If you notice I NEVER said a word of mm1 that during that whole period nor did i say anything on vent. eR33t servers are MATCH servers, and Oddjob was deemed a map that isn't a match map.

I am arrogant. The saying my ego is huge was meant to go with can you take crap from what people say. My huge ego isn't going to get deflated by some kids on IRC.

Hyphy

• PGP
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 08:21:20 PM »
Pretty much everyday.

No.

Yes.

10, because I'm in a clan and I match alot and also have mIRC and stuff.

I would wait to get full evidence.

Yes.

Yes.

I think i'd be a good comittee member because I've been around for awhile and would be honest about everything.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 11:10:44 PM by Hyphy »

Br55HiT

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2009, 08:47:24 PM »
What the hell might as well fill this out...

As much as I could between college and everything else I need to do.

I'm sure I have but I can't exactly remember.

I'm on IRC a lot, ventrillo when I match or just wanna talk, e-mail is fine too.

6 I pub on occasion if I have nothing better to do and usually manage to get a Hey Br what's up.

9 I know most if not all higher and a good amount of mid to low level clans and people in them.  Just a 9 because I don't know that much about the euros.  Sorry...

9 I idle in quite a few clan channels and am always getting invited to more.  I know most of the clans and people that play regularly and don't just die in a week.

If the ban was for a pretty major offense such as a 32+ for hacking or worse I would have to really debate punishing them.  A 32+ day ban that was unjustly appointed would really kill some peoples DP career.  I don't like seeing people banned without 100% proof they did anything wrong.

Yes I would.

Yes.

I know the game and what people like to do to cheat it.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 12:30:51 PM by Hitman007007 »

SkaDooSh

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2009, 09:35:09 PM »

I share a computer with my brother that works paintball, so we go off and on by days, on his days I'm usually doing homework so i check on IRC, browsing forums and DPlogin. So 3-4 days a week would be my time for these issues.

I know reporting a friend may lose a friendship but rules are rules, I have had to privately report friends, even though it was difficult.

Yeah I have no problem with that, anything to learn more about an issue.

I dont really know the euros, but I'm pretty familiar with the pubs. I dont stay in 1 pub i tend to switch around and see what else is on. I'd say about a 7-8

7.5, Whenever my partners are available I find a match. If a friend needs me I gladly scrim with them. Occasionally I watch a friend match.

I idle on IRC alot. It is very helpful to me in getting matches and displaying clan info. Thats what I use it for the most. I have used it to get ahold of Committee members and jitspoe. If I'm ever not on IRC it is because someone has shut the computer off and I have not gotten home to turn it back on yet. 7-8

I would talk to the person and people around him (clan members, friends, etc.) If the evidence were convincing and around 80% then yes.

Yes, I have had to do so in the past.

Yeah I'm pretty easy to get along with, I dont talk alot of crap and wouldn't resist their opinions.

I have only been playing this game for around a year, but I do not plan on quitting anytime in the near future. Yeah i dont have too many posts on forums but I do read most of what is posted. I am IJustCaughtYou.. now I have told Cameron about this forum account and it was strictly to post about hackers. But after this thread: http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=16063.0 I have decided to not use that account and just post on skies. I have never hacked and dont ever plan on it. If I was on the committee I think I could do a good deal about Multis and such.

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2009, 10:04:31 PM »
--I was approached and asked to put my app back up--

Enough to deal with things

-

Yes all of them, I use them often.

10, this is where i would be most helpful

10, i know irc well and would be good here.

need evidence to ban, but context is crucial.

Why not

I dont really care about e-crap

I have been around this game a long time. I know the clan scene especially. I dont really care if you except my app or not jitspoe, but look into it.

nightryder

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2009, 10:48:37 PM »

A couple minutes.

Have you been in a position where you have had to make difficult "grey area" decisions?  Give some examples.

Every day, fries or no fries, intercourse me i always make the wrong choice too

I'm quite shy

On a scale from 1 to 10, how well would you say you know players from the "pub scene".  1 being you don't play pubs.  10 being you play on public servers every day and know everybody there.

10 if it was 2 years ago, 1 now

On a scale from 1 to 10, how well do you know players from the matching scene?  1 being you don't match.  10 being you are heavily involved in a clan and know members of every other clan very well.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how well do you know the IRC community. 1 being you don't use IRC.  10 being you idle in most of the channels and know everybody but "DPSurfer" (but can usually identify him within a couple lines of text or by his hostmask unless he's legitimately a new player).

depends if i like them.

In a heart beat

If they say something really mean i'll probably quit

i just want to make some friends, also i can find the best porn pictures....im 19 so that'll raise the average age

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2009, 11:08:47 PM »

Right now I'm pretty active in game, I could put in 20 hours a week being on the computer.

I've seen one of my friends at work smoking weed out in the back room and my boss and three other people saw him running away they asked me who it was at first i said i didn't know. Then my boss came to me and said they are going to fire some kid and i knew it wasn't him so I did the right thing and gave him in. I'm not going to let someone lose there job for something they didn't do.

Yeah I'm generally on irc or idle it all day and I use ventrilo and email on a daily basis too.

6-7 I don't generally know the whole crowd, but they generally know who i am.

9 or 10, I've been clanning for 9 years now.

I would say 10, I've been idling on IRC for about 10 years now.

It would have to be 100% clear evidence for me to punish someone.

Yes, I can't stress how much I don't like cheaters.

Yes, I don't usually argue to much with people, but as long as my decision is respected so will theirs.

I feel like I would be a good member of the committee because I am pretty active in the game and play 5-10 hours in pubs a week and match around the same. I have also been around to see the game when you couldn't crouch (qwpb) to the newest build 25.

KI3S

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2009, 12:08:08 AM »

I'm on everyday.

I've had to turn in a lot of friends who hacked. It was hard for me to do the first time but it needed to be done.

Yes. I'm on Vent and mIRC most of the time, while I check my e-mail every 2-3 days.

If I'm not on a pub, I'm most likely in a match. I would say an 8, I know most of the people on pubs, except for euro's.

Well I know most members on alot of the clans that match alot. I also match a good amount so I would say a 7.

I idle in alot of channels. I know mostly everyone except euro's.

It depends on the evidence, and if this person has already violated the rules before. But I wouldn't vote to ban someone if nothing can be proved.

I've done it before. Don't mind doing it.

Yes. I'm not someone who will rage and curse everyone if someone doesn't agree with me and decides to try to make my life harder :]

I'm active. I've posted and found a good deal of multiple accounts, I would make sure that I do everything I can to make sure that all issues are taken care of. My opinion and my vote on things is based on me. I'm easy to talk to, and I think I can definitely help with all the unresolved issues. I have been looking for ways to improve this game, and I've posted my ideas. I have never hacked and I will not hack. Give me a shot. I'm not dying to have this job. If I got this it would be to help.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 07:07:49 PM by KI3S »

vLaD

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2009, 03:26:05 AM »
depends how much is needed it would vary but pretty often i update myself every day

at work i go through a lot of stress and decisions, i'm used to it

very i'm good with all of that.

very well i play on pubs quite often. 10

no being banned for not hacking will kill anyones desire to play anymore. hackers get banned only if there is enough proof.

Don't know. yet the proper answer would be yes but i have a sense of loyalty that i happen to hate. i don't hack so generally i don't know any hackers i probably will try to discourage them but in a vote of evidence i will go with the evidence.

i frankly don't give a darn what they think.

well i really want this game to move forward, and proper justice be done. and also i am someone that you will not be able to sway my opinion. i do whats right and whats needed.

Also what i think is important. Age:
oh yea: also honest.

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2009, 07:57:32 AM »

I'm online at least 3-5 hours everyday. So probably that much.

I can't remember that far back.

Yes.

5ish I'd say.

9ish.

7ish.

Without undeniable proof, I would not vote either way. I'd keep looking for the evidence I need to make the right decision.

No doubt.

Laff... It's the internet, srs bussnessssssssssssssss

I feel I would make the right, unbaised decisions needed to punish the violators.

Viper

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2009, 08:21:55 AM »

Each day.

Dont think so

Sure.

9, nearly each pubplayer knows me

10. Played over 2000 matches.

10, made bots for more than 20 clans.

I would talk with this person, but if i dont have enough evidence, i wouldn't vote, because if you dont have enough evidence to prove it, the jury wont vote for guilty in a law court.

Sure, i really hate hackers.

I'm german, so i know that feeling in this community.

Playing dp for so long, so I would be active not like the other ones. And yeah, i wouldnt do any bullexcrement, if i would be a committee member. trueness and fairness > all
I matched like 20 differents czech clans, so i know a lot of them.

Henkka

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2009, 09:03:48 AM »

- As much as necessary. Daily.

- Don't remember.

- Anytime.

- 10. I have played for long enough and know people well.

- 10. I know everyone and I idle in like 20 channels at the moment. Just send me an invite and I'll join your channel.

- No one should get banned for something they didn't do. If there's not enough evidence, I won't vote for a ban.

- Of course.

- Yes. People can't get me mad in the internet. I would calmly and rationally discuss about the decision if needed.

- I know the community pretty well. I have played for long enough. I have cheated in the past myself (what I regret) so i can tell pretty well if someones cheating. I am online a lot and have IRC open all day. Can actually talk with the czechs. I don't speak too hard english for them.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 12:10:30 PM by Henkka »

Dave

• VM-68
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2009, 12:18:45 PM »
-most of the week

Have you been in a position where you have had to make difficult "grey area" decisions? Give some examples.
-uh dont remember

-yes

On a scale from 1 to 10, how well would you say you know players from the "pub scene". 1 being you don't play pubs. 10 being you play on public servers every day and know everybody there.
-9 i know all czechs there and they know me :) and i can speak with them

On a scale from 1 to 10, how well do you know players from the matching scene? 1 being you don't match. 10 being you are heavily involved in a clan and know members of every other clan very well.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how well do you know the IRC community. 1 being you don't use IRC. 10 being you idle in most of the channels and know everybody but "DPSurfer" (but can usually identify him within a couple lines of text or by his hostmask unless he's legitimately a new player).

-i agree with viper: I would talk with this person, but if i dont have enough evidence, i wouldn't vote, because if you dont have enough evidence to prove it, the jury wont vote for guilty in a law court.

-sure, rules are rules

-Yes, i am. They can throw crap at me as much as they want. I don't care.

-because you find someone who can talks with czechs and im slovak :) i care about czechs not like other europeans they dont understand czech language which they want be just in committee, i use icq like all czechs and i have all contacts
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 08:50:30 AM by Dave »

AsThor

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2009, 01:30:57 PM »

-every day

-never been

-yes

wouldn't vote to punish him

-yes, i would

- I don't care about what people think about me.

i'm very responsible and reliable

Kaos

• VM-68
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2009, 02:54:38 PM »

5-7 days

Never been in one

Yes

If Theirs no proof on the table then i would vote not to punish him.

Yes jus cause i know that person means he should be excluded from the rules

Yes.

I feel that I would be a good committee member Because I understand the right from the wrong and dedicated to calling stuff straight down the middle as best as i can.