Author Topic: Error playing...  (Read 2779 times)

danzigk

• PGP
Error playing...
« on: March 08, 2009, 12:45:16 PM »
Hi everybody,

After few days of getting same error I decided to post on dplogin forum - maybe there are someone who can help me.

So, since a few days, every time I want to play it runs OK then freezez for a few seconds, then works again fine. Meantime I get "Line exceeded 1024 chars, discarded"... at third such message I get kicked out (not by someone, but by my client - I know that becuse when I started a game it just restarted). Of course, when I try to reconnect at same server i get Time-Ban. :(

What is wrong ???  :'(
The error started at DP2-build24, now I have build 26 (and no improvement). I use Windows version o PBall.

Thanks a lot.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Error playing...
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 08:51:05 AM »
Hm - try this.  Go to c:\games\paintball2\pball\configs and rename your config.cfg to something else.  Load the game back up, and you will have the default settings.  Try connecting to a server with the default settings and see if you have the same problem.

danzigk

• PGP
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 03:37:24 AM »
I deleted all cfg-s files and tried to play... same "line exceeding..." but, this time appear a new message "newbie failed hardware check" - see picture attached.
could it be because some bad driver ? but, witch one - as windoze doesn't complain about any of them...

thanks,

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 09:48:16 AM »
Which version of Windows are you running?  Sounds like not everything loaded.  Have you tried a fresh install of the full version?

danzigk

• PGP
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 02:41:20 AM »
hello,

sorry for this sooo late reply (i was involved in something and got no time at all  :-[).

i deleted everything and reinstall build 26. unfortunately - the error didn't disappear.

windows is XP Proffesional (I also have Check Point vpn-1 secure client installed... i know that cisco vpn have problems with check point... but could this be the source of problems also for paintball2 ?)

what to do ?  :'(

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 12:47:11 PM »
What directory did you install it to?

danzigk

• PGP
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2009, 11:04:49 PM »
D:\_Games\Paintball2.

yesterday I installed a virtual machine on my pc (xp professional, without check point and without eset security suite). of course, paintball runs without "line exceeded ..." no more problems - still, this is not a solution for me (in virtual machine video capability isn't very good).

kind regards

danzigk

• PGP
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2009, 10:13:30 AM »
victory... or not  :-\

i found out why paintball keeps exceeding 1024 chars - it's a conflict with checkpoint security vpn client  :-\

i unchecked the checkpoint on my network device... and... everything goes fine. still... i need checkpoint  :-\

danzigk

• PGP
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2009, 11:01:13 PM »
finnaly... I got a new patch for Checkpoint SecuRemote and now everything works fine...
thanks for support.  :)