Author Topic: Petition - Add Pro Paint to Maplist  (Read 6661 times)

Crash

• PGP
Petition - Add Pro Paint to Maplist
« on: February 02, 2006, 10:55:45 AM »
im am just SHOCKED that someone didnt mention Pro Paint. The best map ever made. Go download it and see what i mean. The most balanced map in DP made specifically for 4v4 or up. Sign this petition!

Crash

SkateR

• Autococker
Re: Petition - Add Pro Paint to Maplist
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2006, 11:33:48 AM »
lol.

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2006, 12:09:29 PM »
Ill second crashes map :) it owns.

digi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2006, 12:11:50 PM »
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahah

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2006, 01:54:12 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:58:05 AM by Dirty_Taco »

Crash

• PGP
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2006, 02:44:21 PM »
anyone else besides the faygets who picked the poor maplist?

digi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2006, 05:49:45 PM »
You don't realize how big/small a map is because you just sit on flag no matter what map you're playing. Propaint is clearly not a 4v4 map. It would be good for the 1v1 ladder.

PS - I'm not accepting your challenge on 1v1. I'm never around at 10:30. Besides, you aren't worth my time. You play like it's your 3rd day.

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2006, 05:52:31 PM »
Why arnt the maps voted on?
You think if your map wasnt played before.. it wasnt played for a reason maybe due to it sucks? Not putting anyones maps down but its kind of heavily favored torwards er33t using there own maps.

digi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2006, 05:54:51 PM »
shut up you moron. eR33t had no say in the maps. I don't know where to go in 70% of the maps on the list. We have NEVER once practiced any of those maps. Most of us don't like the list, like the rest. But, I can easily understand why they were picked. Any map that would be voted on would be a public map with no skill/strategy. You can't take a vote. It's just not possible to run a good tourney with a community voted maplist.

Why do you all complain so much? No one stopping you from running a blitz/indune tournament. If bain wanted to vote on a map list he would do so. He knows it won't work out. No matter what, people will complain about the maps. Look at all the oldschool players coming back just because of the maplist. What does that tell you? All the public newbies are crying andf the real players are happy. How about trying maps that require some thinking? I mean I know crash is in your clan clipz, and he's probably the most awful player in DP (strategically speaking), but you've been playing a while. You should be fine with the maplist.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2006, 07:07:52 PM »
Bain, (still waiting) This is again a prime example of why I sent you that post to read, more clan participating. But I guess that is not your goal at this point.

Why do you all complain so much
Digi, you care about what other people think? Aw man, I am sorry. But that struck me as funny.

The maps generally favor the faster better jumping clans not just e3rrt. But since e3rrt is a faster, better jumping clan than most its seems as though Clipz and others voiced or unvoiced opinions have merit.

Also you said that bain knows that a vote wont work. Poppyrooster. That is an assumption based on what? Yes people will complain about maps but, why limit other clans in thier map selections. Let them have the maps they feel best suits them, you have nothing to loose. Or do you? Like Bob mentioned IT DONT MATTER THE MAP, e3rrt will win.

Respectfully
-L

James

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2006, 09:07:35 PM »
I practice those maps 24/7, don't know what digi's talking about when he says "we". HEAHEAHEHAEHAHEHAE

Propaint is a terrible map lmafo.. You probably sepnt 3 months on it to. :(

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2006, 09:30:17 PM »
lmao
that map is horrible
be real
you think that map offers anything remotely similar to the gameplay offered by the current map list? please.

good laugh

Posted by: James      Posted on: Today at 09:07:35 PM
Insert Quote
I practice those maps 24/7, don't know what digi's talking about when he says "we". HEAHEAHEHAEHAHEHAE

Propaint is a terrible map lmafo.. You probably sepnt 3 months on it to. Sad
preserving James' post in case Jitler deletes it.

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2006, 11:22:44 AM »
s8n speaking of horrible maps airtime and the 2nd should be dumped pathetic

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2006, 11:36:21 AM »
Clipz if you havent noticed, Airtime is one of the most popular maps out at the moment, and I actually happen to like airtime 2.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2006, 12:39:56 PM »
What's with all the hostility?  Threads like this should probably just be deleted, but I'll let the pbcup moderators decide what they want to do with it.

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2006, 12:55:06 PM »
Airtime was made for non-serious pub play.
It has many planned jumps and tricks in it.
I basically made it so Picasso, and others, could fly through the air like superman.
After it became popular, and after playing it for a while, I saw things in the map that needed fixing, and things that could be improved or changed.
Airtime2 achieved everything I had planned. From what i've heard the changes have slowed the game play down and produced a more thinking style of play in that small fast environment, vs airtime's all out flying assault style.

I don't much care for airtime either. The game play of airtime doesn't suit my style of play (whatever that may be).
I haven't played airtime2 enough to know if the change in gameplay agrees with me or not. So I can't comment on it.

Little secret: there is also an "Airtime On Ice" out there somewhere. I won't officially release it, but two people have it that I know of, and one of them is affiliated with one of the more popular servers. Now AirtimeOI is definately a very non-serious map like chilidogs and catapult.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2006, 02:00:16 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:58:00 AM by Dirty_Taco »

Crash

• PGP
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2006, 12:28:55 PM »
wow digi your all talk, why dont you grow some nuts and accept my challenge you meddling kitty ass mophead.

Crash

• PGP
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2006, 12:36:28 PM »
also for the noobs that hate my map, dont be angry because you cant aim. Most dp maps have random weapon selection, this game is all about randomness, random spray, random barrels, random guns. In propaint you have a solid selection, and the main points in the map are not the size of digi's pencil detective (uni's map demonstrated the size). noobs like maps with narrow hallways so you can just hold down fire while you jump (not strafe jump cause your all too noob) around the map. There are so many jumps in propaint that change the gameplay of the map. I am yet to see a map made for tournement play thats had some thought put into it, arena for example is one giant room with some walls. Why am i wasting my time on this thing called computer ok bye

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2006, 12:37:51 PM »
lmao.