Author Topic: Demo Recording Problems  (Read 1484 times)

Fitz

• Stingray
Demo Recording Problems
« on: March 11, 2009, 02:14:23 PM »
Not sure if this was ever addressed, but I've been having problems automatically recording demos now for quite some time.

For some reason, in GT servers (not sure if it happened in ereets), the demos randomly do not automatically record.

When I first connect to a server, I get this:

That's on the first map that I connect to in. It actually DOES record a demo though, and that's from directly going from the server browser to that server; no in betweens.

When a new map comes up, this happens:

It does not record a demo at all... no demo in the folder for that map.

The arecord command still works, however, so it's not a serverside issue I believe.

m7 had this a while ago, not sure if it was ever resolved. He claimed it was on GT match4 server, but my screenies are from GT match2.
http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=11769.0

I haven't changed anything in my config, I use pretty much default settings on everything (screen, fov, sensitivity, whatever). I'm also using build 26, although it happened in the previous builds as well.

EDIT: I've only been able to replicate this problem on shazam22 after it was loaded after a map. I went to carp, pforest, pp1 then back to shazam22 and it happened again. Then I restarted shazam22 (newmapped it) and it didn't happen...

No idea why it's doing this...

nub

• VM-68
Re: Demo Recording Problems
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 02:23:38 PM »
i do. lol.
and i get the same error all of the time, i just dont worry about it though.

Fitz

• Stingray
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 02:27:48 PM »
playing with standard textures eh eh?

You should definitely really look into hr4, makes the game alot nicer on the eyes.
I play with what the game came with. That includes screen size, right hand, fov, whatever. No scripts either. Too lazy to change anything and it's what I'm used to.

i do. lol.
and i get the same error all of the time, i just dont worry about it though.
It's all fine and dandy until you actually NEED a demo for something (as in, the ladder match last night I played in).

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 03:19:00 PM »
So it just gets the command to stop the demo, but not start a new one?  That's odd.  I thought the stop and record were both sent in the same command.  I'll have to check into it when I get back home.

Fitz

• Stingray
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 03:35:35 PM »
So it just gets the command to stop the demo, but not start a new one?  That's odd.  I thought the stop and record were both sent in the same command.  I'll have to check into it when I get back home.
Maybe it's receiving the command at differing times or something? It seems like the command may be sending before shazam is loading or something, hence it not starting.

KI3S

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 03:46:00 PM »
Mine usually says not recording a demo, then recording to etc. just like your first screenshot. Did you try naming your demo? As in,  typing: "record FitzLadder"  in console.

Fitz

• Stingray
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 03:51:00 PM »
Mine usually says not recording a demo, then recording to etc. just like your first screenshot. Did you try naming your demo? As in,  typing: "record FitzLadder"  in console.

Manually recording still works, I just figured last night that it would automatically record and I didn't check console to make sure it started so I didn't start recording manually. The arecord command test to see if automatic recording is on in the server also works (ss #3)... it's just sometimes the command doesn't start or something when I load shazam on the server for the first time.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2009, 09:46:55 PM »
Now that I look at the screenshot again, I see that it tried to start recording a demo, but because the map must not have been loaded all the way, it didn't start recording.  I thought by the time ClientBeginDeathmatch() was called, the client had completely connected and loaded the map.  I guess not.