Author Topic: OTB Speed servers  (Read 3403 times)

Wressler

• PGP
OTB Speed servers
« on: March 13, 2009, 04:34:08 AM »
Where did they go?

MosEz

• Autococker
Re: OTB Speed servers
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 04:41:49 AM »
they are still around. update/refresh your list :)

Ghadente

• Stingray
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 11:24:16 AM »
Why did OTB admin decide to ruin the speed server by putting gun temp on?
its the most rediculously lame thing in dp since team DM...
it is just annoying and doesn't help anyone. players still line, camp and spawnkill with the guntemp, so if that was your justification for this awful idea, that was some bad thinking. Gun temp is seriously wrong especially on the speed server b/c the server is normally packed. so gun temp just inhibits players' ability to survive when outnumbered (which is what happens 99% of the time on the speed server b/c of team switchers). Ex: lets say you are a decent shooter and you kill 4 oppenents, already your gun is jammed when the 5th one shows up there's nothing you do but hope he misses.
Gun temp just doesn't seem like a good idea at all, speed server used to be fun, but now its so lamed up with this gun tmep crap i hardly want to play it anymore.
Take gun tmep off plz, i know i'm not the only one who thinks it sucks

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 11:29:17 AM »
maybe this makes you enter a decent server, if you are so unhappy about the speed server settings :)

Viper

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 12:17:06 PM »
Why did OTB admin decide to ruin the speed server by putting gun temp on?

Thanks to OTB!

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 12:49:33 PM »
It is only on [OTB] Speed 1. [OTB] Speed 2 is without guntemp.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 02:37:38 PM »
b/c the server is normally packed.
Next step should be to lower the maxclients. :)

Ex: lets say you are a decent shooter and you kill 4 oppenents, already your gun is jammed when the 5th one shows up there's nothing you do but hope he misses.
Actually, that's not correct.  Every time you hit somebody, the gun temp resets, so if you're actually shooting people, you won't jam up.  Also, if you fire in controlled bursts or use a slower gun, you won't freeze.

MosEz

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2009, 03:51:43 PM »
i love it :D

KI3S

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2009, 03:54:13 PM »
Ex: lets say you are a decent shooter and you kill 4 oppenents, already your gun is jammed when the 5th one shows up there's nothing you do but hope he misses.

Most of the players on speed have horrible aim since they are pro's at lining and camping. I think I can say that  maybe a couple people have decent aim on there when I go on for fun. +1 for gun temp maybe some of these guys might start trying out pubs.

Ghadente

• Stingray
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2009, 07:58:07 PM »
Actually, that's not correct.  Every time you hit somebody, the gun temp resets, so if you're actually shooting people, you won't jam up.  Also, if you fire in controlled bursts or use a slower gun, you won't freeze.

Really? I did not know this.
Still, the server was fun w/o gun temp so i'm still not sure why they would decide to put it on.
I did write my post in a bit of haste and fury. Finding the gun temp was on that server came as a shock and led to sadness.
I really have no problem with gun temp, except on speed server b/c it defeats the purpose in my eyes. I always go on the speed server for the fun of getting kills. this made the speed server stand out from the others.
eh well, if it stays or goes whatever, i'm still against it no matter the reason for it.

KI3S

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2009, 09:30:04 PM »
So try to improve your aim? If your gun temp goes off and you haven't shot anyone, then you really need to work on aim. Like Jitspoe said if you kill someone, the gun temp resets. So this really shouldn't be a problem. So you're gonna be against it no matter what...good choice.

MosEz

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2009, 03:49:35 AM »
if you just pub u wont get better but this will help u to get better.

MaX_OwnAge

• PGP
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2009, 01:53:14 PM »
Short bursts work for me. I almost didn't even notice the change. I like the change b/c now the liners have to stop to let their guns cool, and it gives you the opportunity to slip through and shoot them as they crouch and wait.

harrymerrell

• PGP
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2009, 01:56:43 AM »
theyve taken the gun temp off
 :D

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2009, 02:25:26 AM »
Nope, but lower. U can line longer.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2009, 04:08:38 AM »
That are the default guntemp settings now.