Author Topic: Feature Request: New Colours.  (Read 4389 times)

MosEz

• Autococker
Feature Request: New Colours.
« on: March 18, 2009, 08:01:40 AM »
We just talked about new colors of models.

I Think Black,White and green would look awesome. Why dont we have such colors?

Green: Because the grass? We could have them on Maps without grass.

White: Well the only problem would be if we have a white mid. But other negativ points?

Black: We cant change the sky anymore so a blue ppl is also black for examble at the top of airtime.

Tell me what you think. And why shouldnt we get something like that.

I think the old colors are overplayed. And it would look awesome. I can remember we had once a green model  pack/suggestion. Looked awesome.

abnormal

• Autococker
Re: Feature Request: New Colours.
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 08:34:47 AM »
I think it's a good idea. It would be nice to have something new and different in the game. But I think it would be better to make new player's models (I dont mean the woman's model now).

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 12:55:52 PM »
Stupid firefox.  I hate how it deletes text fields when you go back.  Guess I'll have to type this all again:

Green: As you mentioned, grass is an obvious reason.  Also, green and yellow tend to look really similar, especially in darker shades (see attachment in this thread: https://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=14728.20).  Some players have mentioned being red-green color blind.  If we had red and green teams, they wouldn't be able to distinguish between them.

White: Already used for neutral things like observer and center flag.  It would also mean we wouldn't want to put white on the other colored player skins, really limiting the designs.

Black: Lots of issues with this one.  They would be very difficult to see in shadows.  Current player skins already have a lot of black.  You know how the blue players on pbcup_sassault are almost black because of the colored lighting?  Black jerseys would be difficult to see like that all the time.  It also breaks the one-letter representation of teams, "b" could be black or blue.

Plus, do we really need new colors?  That would require a major revamp on the game code.   Everything is hard coded for the current colors.  There would need to be new textures and maps made to make use of the colors, and what would it get you?

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 01:12:04 PM »
Nothing.

eMo

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2009, 01:42:31 PM »

kinda pointless.. purple and yellow are barely used as is.

UDead

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2009, 10:31:53 AM »
I like the idea of having some new colors, but not the colors named above. There are thousands of different colors to pick from. If you really want to have new colors in the game I’m sure we all can help in finding a color that is new but also fits in the game that wouldn’t be an advantage or disadvantage to some people or the game play.

KI3S

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2009, 11:23:25 AM »

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2009, 05:47:45 PM »
just make the current models with cooler colors. You know, add some spice!

fasian

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2009, 12:38:39 AM »
Plus, do we really need new colors?

abnormal

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2009, 05:21:57 AM »
just make the current models with cooler colors. You know, add some spice!
I agree..

UDead

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2009, 08:08:04 AM »
To keep any game attractive and cool looking you have to update it every once in a while to keep people happy and playing. Like anything the look and the game play is what keeps people come back for more.

There are four more slots you can have colors added for it to work correctly on the keyboard

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2009, 02:57:03 PM »
Why would you need other colours?? There is no point whatsoever. I'd say that pball is doing pretty well if the biggest problem for it is that the colours are boring...

Fuzz Ball

• VM-68
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2009, 07:06:42 PM »
I think the colours are boring. Just seeing the same straight colours time after time is a little annoying.
How about combinations of colours. Each team could have a primary colour (red) and a secondary colour (orange).
Just make sure none of the primary and secondary from each team collide otherwise you'd have problems. ;)

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2009, 03:44:37 PM »
I think the colours are boring. Just seeing the same straight colours time after time is a little annoying.
whaaaat? I'e learnt those colours and (probably) 'trained' my brain to recognise certain animations, models and colours as enemies. If this ever does go through, I'll have to relearn most of the game again. Which is why some of the older, l33ter players prefer old models... i think (or they just look funny and they have something wrong with themselves)

Fuzz Ball

• VM-68
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2009, 07:13:26 PM »
Learn the colour models?
I shoot at anything that moves. I take the first 30 seconds of the game to remember my allies colour.

SkaDooSh

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2009, 07:54:53 PM »
There are 4 colors available I don't think that Purple and Yellow are even used as much as they could be I don't think we need more colors.

Fuzz Ball

• VM-68
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2009, 10:05:27 PM »
If DP2 further develops, we might have increased teams. Then what?

FluKe

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2009, 10:11:05 PM »

Black: Lots of issues with this one.  They would be very difficult to see in shadows.  Current player skins already have a lot of black.  You know how the blue players on pbcup_sassault are almost black because of the colored lighting?  Black jerseys would be difficult to see like that all the time.  It also breaks the one-letter representation of teams, "b" could be black or blue.

If its hard to see then we can play Hide and seek =D way better...

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2009, 02:30:45 AM »
Want new colours/models?  Go develop your own ones and contribute ;D.  You might actually make them look better, so then YOU are improving the game, and it might actually get this further... but as it is, the models/colours will not be changed.

Fuzz Ball

• VM-68
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2009, 06:18:34 AM »
Nice idea. Again our whining around isn't going to go anywhere. People who CAN edit the colours and want them changed should.
Lol I'd do it but I don't know how to. ;D