Author Topic: New Map: Lost in the Jungle  (Read 24448 times)

_burnt

• Autococker
Re: New Map: Lost in the Jungle
« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2009, 11:58:32 PM »
I would say that is one of the best terrained maps I've ever seen. It flows so nicely. There are some places that need to be clipped, mainly the ends of the bridges.

Also, change the base entity so you can't cap from 50 feet in the air, make it sit player height so in matches you don't have to be worried about a guy capping on you from way above the actual flag placement.

From the developing time of this map, 3/5 is running around in the map and trying to make it flow well. Seems like that i managed to make it :) Base entity is high because it was in the original one too, but i'll make it lower.

Btw, this version compiles in like 3 minutes on my computer, not in 20 hours lol.

wizzi

• VM-68
« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2009, 09:57:13 AM »
the new version is great. good work jeejee.

shaBoii

• PGP
« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2009, 10:03:47 AM »
Nice map JeeJee :)

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2009, 07:18:32 PM »
Well, to my suprise cusoman was wrong. He was saying how crap this was on vent, but it isn't :) Some of the terrain is a bit ugly though :P

cusoman

• Autococker
« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2009, 07:28:49 PM »
I said the old one was crap and the new terrain was rockin. TOOL.  Nice map jeejee. Add some clutter and some of your famous lighting :D

-Cusoman

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2009, 01:07:02 AM »
:p I've been adding clutter all the time, trying to make some points better etc. Every time i run through the map i get better idea of what is the best way to move, then modify the other areas a bit and see if it came good and so on... Also if you look at r_speeds, you see that they're not bad (no hint brushes placed yet). This is because i almost always compile with VIS and look at r_speeds, VIS takes maximum of 1½ minutes at the momnet.

Edit:
Some of the terrain is a bit ugly though :P

What place you exactly mean, so maybe i can fix it a bit?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 02:29:04 AM by JeeJee »

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2009, 01:30:02 PM »
Yay, beta6 is ready with all kind of stuff added. I'd really like if you would give some more comments about the gameplay. As you know the map is asymmetric, so it will help fixing the bad spots ;p And i think DM is hellava fun here. Play it!!11!

http://maps.digitalpaint.therisenrealm.com/map/lost/

MOFO

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2009, 06:13:39 PM »
nice

Scars

• Stingray
« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2009, 01:44:47 AM »
This map is better than what it was. Good job

pheeks

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #69 on: October 05, 2009, 04:26:31 PM »
JeeJee I recently played this on the Ev1 Beta server and I fell in love. This is a great map and I love it mostly because of the jumps. Keep up the great work.

EDIT: The one I played was b3 and not the newest beta. B6 is still a great map, but I think that b3 had better jumps.

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #70 on: October 05, 2009, 10:31:44 PM »
I havn't looked at the map yet, but I think you should find a better texture for the walls.  Just my opinion, but that wall texture is ugly as hell.  I will check the map out tomorrow and upload it to my server.

mewa

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #71 on: December 01, 2009, 02:19:07 AM »
so ive got some messed up rendering, but since its not in any of your screenshots im going to assume its my video being too old for this transparent crap.

but i do really like the mushrooms. although you should work on the general coloring, its a little busy and confusing. less detailed textures or just with larger features to repeat would probably fix it.

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #72 on: December 01, 2009, 07:54:57 AM »
You're missing the script, propably. If you dl'd it from the server when playing, it's likely that i haven't added required files thing to it or the server didn't have the script.

And yes, shrooms are awesome, i like sk89q's models:)

Oh, maybe i will start working on this sometime soon, so any ideas for textures, fixes etc. are welcome:)

mewa

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2009, 01:34:48 AM »
where do i get the script. im seeing this crap on my new comp too and it pisses me off that something isnt perfect with my perfect computer.

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2009, 08:45:22 AM »
It should bee in the .zip file where the models are.

ftp://otb-server.de/pub/sk89q_plantlife.zip

Throw the scripts to your scripts folder and it should work.

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #75 on: May 24, 2012, 12:07:46 PM »
adios ppl, made some excrement into this map while i was bored :)) maybe someone plays it. also made cool cave with vertex manipulation jeppaa.bsp

i once also made a small xmas map so if someone has it maybe send/post/link it here? id like to hav it :)

Aveiro

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2012, 12:52:11 PM »
jeppaa is new vt clan map, gj br0

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2012, 01:19:49 PM »
jeppaa is new vt clan map, gj br0

nicenice mayb some 5v5 someday rite?