Author Topic: KnacK's Jeep Thread  (Read 2883 times)

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
KnacK's Jeep Thread
« on: March 05, 2009, 11:16:20 AM »
* I split out all of the not topic posts from myself and Flip talking about Jeeps and decided to create a new thread for them.*

yup
My jeep cost a whole $4000. My tires I just bought were about $1200. The rear bumper, new center console, light covers, and pull straps ran over a grand. The better transmission I'm about to put in is going to run about $2000. That alone is higher than what I paid for it. I still have to get the new lift kit (plus all the parts need to go that high), new rear axle, winch, armor, 2 pairs of black magics, herculine the inside, get my gerry can mounts, and the list goes on and on. Sometimes I think instead of spending about 20 grand on this jeep I should just go buy one already setup. It would be cheaper but I'll have that sense of accomplishment.

Back to the topic. Matt if you find a vehicle at a good price I wouldn't mind going to check it out for you. I'm sure we could find enough people here that could pass it along until it gets to you. :P
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 10:51:43 AM by KnacK »

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
Re: Car.
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 11:36:07 AM »
lol Jay,

I've got the nose off of my Heep right now about to pull the engine/trans/tc all together.
About $1500 just for rebuilding those 3, then comes tires and an RC 4" lift to replace my worn flat stock springs.

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 06:41:08 PM »
That's great. One less car in the yard soon. lol. j/k. I found a pair of tj flares on c/l today and I'm thinking about grabbing those for $40 to give me a little more cheap flex.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 11:46:24 AM »
One less car in the yard? Its sitting in my shop.  I'll post some pics.

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2009, 11:25:51 AM »
One less car in the yard? Its sitting in my shop.  I'll post some pics.
was this done in another thread or am I still patiently waiting?

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2009, 11:33:57 AM »
was this done in another thread or am I still patiently waiting?

lol patiently waiting.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2009, 09:06:05 PM »
Here's a shot of the man-cave:

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2009, 09:19:49 AM »
Nice. My dad went a little further with his cave. He ended up adding a full size restroom, complete with shower. He then added a loft on one side for the guys to go hide in. The loft is furnished with leather recliners, ashtrays, fridge, and satellite t.v.
I almost thought about trading off my enclosed trailer. A guy on craigslist has two cj5's he is offering for one. Too bad I just sent my tailer to Texas with my sister and her family. lol

Is that a smoker on the right?

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2009, 09:26:57 AM »
Yup that's a smoker.  I'm in the process of refinishing it.  It's about 20 years old and needs fresh paint.

The rear wall will eventuially be a 10 x 30 office/electronics lab/reloading station with a bathroom and shower.  The plumbing in the slab is there.  I wil lalso build a loft on top for the crap that doesn't get used a lot ( the wife's crap).

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2009, 09:37:06 AM »
Awesome. Reloading station? Does this mean you plan on making some reloads and selling them to me in bulk?

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2009, 09:46:53 AM »
Only 50 at a time (bloody libs...)

Also, looks like Advance auto has Hurculiner on sale again so I think I'm going to hurc the tub.  Been wanting to do that for a while now.

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2009, 11:29:34 PM »
Oh really? On sale you say? I just pointed some herculiner out to my wife in quadratech's magazine. I have to order some mirror relocation brackets so I can take the doors off and stay legal. Guess who's going to Advance Auto in the morning? hahaha. Check your mail before opening it. The wife is liable to send you a bomb since this will put off installing the new bamboo floors.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2009, 04:45:09 AM »
No worries.

I have my son get the mail for me.  He recovers from injuries faster than I do ;D

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2009, 08:30:15 AM »
Well, I'm off to Advances in an hour. Now the hard decision, do i start stripping everything out of the jeep and drive the minivan to work for a week or do I procrastinate until after the the floors are done? bah. I was thinking about buying another YJ that has a lot of the things I need already on it and then taking them off and placing them on mine. I can give the left over jeep to Nub I guess. lol It WOULD solve his car problem. Now just have to find a way to straighten his hair.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2009, 08:48:54 AM »
Don't forget to use foam ear plugs to plug up the holes in the tub.

As far as the minivan goes: just remember, it's for the greater good of the Heep.

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2009, 04:36:41 PM »
lol @ greater good...   The missus was all fine with me buying the jeep until the first thousand dollars of accessories
were purchased. I traded in my suv for the minivan so she felt kinda guilty at first.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2009, 05:52:15 PM »
w00t!

Got my new 4.0 HO head to put on the 4.2.

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2009, 04:44:58 PM »
Stroker ftw!!!!!!!

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2009, 04:50:58 PM »
I have all of the parts, but I dont feel like running premium all of the time.

Plus, I'd have to upgrade the carter carb on it to something a bit bigger.

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2009, 05:04:59 PM »
Yeah. Premium sucks especially when you  get only 15 mpg. :) I can't wait until I have a break in financial obligations so I can get my new tranny, rear axle and new gears. Toooo darn expensive though.