Author Topic: oscar caught hacking  (Read 14189 times)

Oscar

• PGP
Re: oscar caught hacking
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2006, 11:45:37 AM »
Ok, I had the hack link given to me by my mate at school who I do fun matches with on Q2. The link too me to site called ***NAME REMOVED***. I know there is no way of showing you that I have deleted the hack but you have to believe me, if I had kept it and I WAS caught I wouldn't want to risk permanent ban so you've gotta believe me on this one. But thatnks for not banning me (at the moment). (^.^) and I have no idea who the "Dancing Kirby" guy is.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2006, 12:19:54 PM by jitspoe »

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2006, 12:56:04 PM »
Oscar, thanks for the link that I forgot to mentioned should have been sent to Jitspoe. Three more questions if you dont mind. What names does this player use, who gave you this link and what q2 games (mods) does he play in?  Lastly, who else do you know personally that has accessed this link.

Skeet,
I have not forgot about you. Moron? me perhaps. But I was speaking the truth and that is, regardless of how someone else acts you and others dont have to act like 'The Queens of Flame' to make a point.

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2006, 02:26:05 PM »
Meh, Im being brutally honest with this kid. Loial, these kids in pub are soooo annoying they deserve every flame they get. And by calling you a moron you know Im messing around boy

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2006, 02:35:10 PM »
Fighting fire with fire is never a good strategy.

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2006, 04:53:38 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:43:48 AM by P!nk »

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2006, 04:58:04 PM »
P!nk i was banned the first time for hacking(perm ban), bans were lifted and I was playing pub with picasso and snipen and I was banned for reasons i still dont know of(perm) bans were lifted or something and i was banned again so on and so forth, i dont care anymore though

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2006, 05:01:36 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:43:45 AM by P!nk »

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2006, 06:04:42 PM »
i dont care anymore though
You sir are a liar. Good day. Sorry man but you done everything wrong but be a nice guy, even then you goofed up.

All concerned,

I have rcon access to a server that is played frequently and constantly running. So that kind of makes me an admin, a sucky admin but one none the less. Here is my opinion, yet again. Until a global ban can be done, all admins have the right to do what they see fit, this right should carry over until someone can figure out a way for servers to get an "Official Server" status. In doing this you can force admins to upgrade and to adhere to an official server rules list. Lastly the above is a pipe dream and would be the best route to go. I also agree with the DP court thingy, good idea.

On to Oscar and other simular current situations. We need to punish these people and make them talk. Clearly current punishments in place are not enough to deter such behavior. This is not working. Some of these people live to see what they can get away with. Just think, someone who gave him the link to the virus hack is more guilty then him. This person is laughing there ass off.

Oscar,
Do you think its fair that this 'friend' of yours who gave you a virus and a hack that got you banned can still play and worse laugh at you. You can help stop this.

2fast4u

• PGP
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2006, 05:55:28 AM »
He could of kept the hack, he just should of not used it in public and/or a match at any given time. He was probably thinking he could get away with it, though he knew the risks.

If my guess it correct, he admitted to it only after realizing that the people that got the lowest punishments were usually the ones that were honest from the beginning. If this is not the case, it could get very complicated. If someone from another game gave him the link, there is nothing we can do about it. If it was someone from here, they could face some hefty stuff for distributing wallhacks.

This isn't any different from other cases of hacking, so he should receive what the others receive. A temporary ban for the first time, permanent for the second. It really wouldn't be fair to give this fellow a permanent ban if he admitted to it in a shorter amount of time then others have done in the past, there is really no reason to change that. It would cause arguments. "I got a permanent ban, but that guy over there just got a temporary ban for the same thing, what gives?"

This isn't directed at you at all, Loial, but at what people are saying right here in a steady stream.

Oscar: I must shame the fact that it seems almost as if you're treating us like admins metaphorically. Meaning you may be trying what others have done to not get banned. Perhaps you didn't mean it that way at all, but that has the possibility of becoming a conclusion based on what everyone's responses have been.

edit: after further reflection with some friends, spoofing has become a very real option to look upon. But the fact he has posted many times before and one of his own clan members are here support the fact this may truly be the real "Oscar".

which referrs to the tracey williams quote i made too

pinobot

• VM-68
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2006, 03:31:34 PM »
. Their new policy is first time temp ban, second time ban. Which corresponds with what everyone else to whom has hacked have been given.
Now that's news.
I got a permanent ban, i must be kinda special.  ;D

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2006, 04:00:50 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:43:40 AM by P!nk »

Reed

• VM-68
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2006, 06:54:59 AM »
Whats the point in giving someone a temp ban? Like Loial says it obviously isnt discouraging people. Set the standard, if someone is caught hacking they should be banned immidiately. It should be purely objective, forget who they are, ignore what they say, ban them from irc, dp, and the forum. As for people saying it is ok to have hacks aslong as you dont use them on DP, this is bullexcrement. Why would anyone, bar a developer, need a hack? I cant trust anyone who thinks that way, regardless of whether you use it on pubs or not. If its there then theres always the possibility that you could use it.

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2006, 10:53:12 AM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:43:18 AM by P!nk »

Reed

• VM-68
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2006, 12:12:48 PM »
I thought the new build had a disclaimer? I agree that there isn't enough warning about the consequences, and i agree that wallhacks could be beneficial when trying to detect a wallhacker, but these should only be used by very trustworthy people such as jitspoe. However, having an aimbot or a speedhack on your PC serves absolutely no purpose what so ever.
Because the noobs are not established members of the DP community i doubt that they will care if we puplically degrade them, i still think the only option is an immediate ban. Make people realise there are NO second chances.

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2006, 01:24:48 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:43:13 AM by P!nk »

Sanchez

• PGP
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2006, 04:12:18 PM »
...just like Ganja

Reed

• VM-68
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2006, 04:51:04 PM »
...just like Ganja

ban, ban, ban, ban, ban, ban.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2006, 04:56:19 PM »

I follow your NATO point Pink, I am with you. So where can I get my hack so that I can catch cheats also? Get my point? Other than a developer what makes someone trustworthy over another?

The only persons that should have any hacks are the developers. Anyone who has one now currently in their possession should be forced to remove them via a new build etc, if possible.

Until you can force servers to update, the Admins have a responsibility sure, to enforce what they can. But in the end the players hold all the responsibility. PERIOD.

If you took a poll in the matter of trust, I think you would find that we 'the community' lacks this trust, just look around at all the cheating, accusing and spoofing.  How can you trust a complete stranger now more than ever? That is why the admins need to figure out a way to combat this or take on the responsibility of watching demos. This should not be left up to anyone to do

Also, all players concerned should push for heavier punishments as the current ones are not working. They simply are not deterring cheating or the people who provide such tools to cheat.

Furthermore we should only lighten punishments until people start giving up sources until this is expunged. Anything else is another excuse for cheaters to get a hack. For example.

"If I have a wallhack then I can catch cheaters" Says the player with unknown intentions. I say bully sheet and we all know this. More than likely they will use it to cheat.

"But Loial we really need these hacks to catch cheaters" said the honest player with known intentions and can be trusted. Again bull sheet. They cant possibly be that helpful in catching a cheat. I mean this, to justify their existence is the same as saying “well I guess its ok to cheat because now I can catch you.” Hardly an excuse to keep a hack.

If you are honest player then leave it up to the Developers to combat hacking. If you cant trust the developers or if you can not give up your cheats for the sake of preserving the game. Perhaps you should not be playing. I have and lived this far with out them. I doubt it will kill you to delete the hacks and give up your source to the hacks to the Developers. I say this only because a lot more harm has come from hacking then catching hackers with the best of intentions. That is a fact and is not debatable.   

I based this off of what I have seen in the forum this year and not my personal opinion of any one person or clans. 

-L

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2006, 06:44:15 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:43:10 AM by P!nk »

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2006, 07:14:44 PM »
Pink I have a few problems with what you said, otherwise i agree with you as would any fair minded person would but I will post more later as I am going home!!! :) 

Again, if you think people that use wallhacks to catch wallhackers use it in negative ways
I dont agree with this. As stated before. "I say this only because a lot more harm has come from hacking then catching hackers with the best of intentions."

More to come l8ter