Author Topic: I'll Just Leave This Here...  (Read 3534 times)

S8NSSON

• Autococker
I'll Just Leave This Here...
« on: April 03, 2009, 10:33:19 PM »

_burnt

• Autococker
Re: I'll Just Leave This Here...
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 11:12:00 PM »
Holy crap! Looks good! You going to finish that?

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 11:17:02 PM »
Looks like that map.... um..... can't remember the name.... :'[[[

sean123

• VM-68
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 07:06:15 AM »
very nice

lilb990

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 09:06:29 AM »
That looks like an insane map dude keep going! But on top it says airtime2009 is it the next airtime in the series?

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2009, 09:09:09 AM »
Put little brain in when you think... Of course it's airtime if it says so. ::) But i hope that it is not just a box, with few boxes attached on the sides, like previous airtimes, i want it to fix the problems others had.

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2009, 09:24:15 AM »
Darkages! That's it!

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2009, 09:54:54 AM »
I'm still not entirely decided on the continuation outside the middle. There are definitely lots of opening for entrance/exit points to this area. Just need to decide how it will flow. I have one configuration saved that led to a base that was a huge four level pyramid, but decided that may be better for another map. There will be more than just that area, I can assure you.

I have worked on this a little bit at a time for the past two weeks or so (very slowly I know), and I plan on finishing it. I don't even have PBall installed at this point so I will need to do that when I get closer to a testable phase.

I'm sure it will be trimmed with all the fancy bells and whistles when I'm done. Textures are not set in stone either. Just depends what I feel looks good.

Hope it works out and plays well.

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2009, 10:50:32 AM »
I were afraid a moment that you don't change those stone textures at all. But we'll be waiting for this :)

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2009, 05:58:58 PM »
Well I just sealed it up.
Now i'm downloading DP. I don't think I've ever had DP on this PC so all my hax, walz, and modified content should be cleared out so I don't get ban-hammered!!! lol j/k

I will try to do a fast compile so anyone interested can look at the shape and flow early and give input on any dislikes or bad spots.

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2009, 06:54:38 PM »
cant wait to see it

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2009, 07:50:17 PM »
http://kcharron.net/stuff/airtime2009_alpha.bsp

Very early alpha. Lot of things must change.
- The tube with the water might should be easier to get out of which means shortening the steep sides.

- Would like to be able to clear the tube across the middle if you jump just right.

- Two ramps to the roof around back are impossible to traverse...too steep.

- would like to be able to jump in the window ledge opposite the tube opening from the flag.

- Various other things that don't quite feel right.

Having almost all the same texture makes it hard to really get a jist of it all.

Any thoughts comments or suggestions are more than welcome!

SkaDooSh

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2009, 07:51:53 PM »
Looks sweet

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2009, 08:01:46 PM »
Play around in it. Jump everywhere you can think of and tell me how it feels or where you think a jump might do well, or where it might be nice to be able to jump to.

I intended people to be able to jump to the tops of the tubes in the middle from the main jumps, but i'll have to rework that in order to be able to make it I think.

RiMiNi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2009, 08:06:07 PM »
You can get stuck in the middle thing between the steep sides and the brickish poles :)

KI3S

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2009, 08:43:04 PM »
Are those rooms in the corner for spawns?

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2009, 08:25:12 AM »
I'm not sure about any spawns. Any current spawns are just Info_Player_Deathmatch entities placed about for size references.

This is just an early structural draft. I decided to put it out there to get feedback on any likes/dislikes so I could adjust early on.

There is still a lot of trim and detail work to be done - A LOT!

I may rip whole sections out, add other sections, all depends on the feedback.

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2009, 08:42:58 AM »
I don't really know anything to say here. Somehow when i first played it - it felt bit wierd. Idk why, second time i was playing it felt much nicer.

But real feed back is here - change the sky to pbsky4 or something thats cloudy. I think it would boost the atmosphere. And try to change the walls or something inside to another texture soon, so we can have better understanding of them. I went completely lost inside.

KI3S

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2009, 11:19:20 AM »
Agreed I think the inside has too much brown..lol I would change the textures inside. That one room in the corner on each side has an opening up...not so sure what that's for, unless theres supposed to be a ramp there or something. And for the top of the map I would say that it looks good,  but how would that be in gameplay? Someone could grab the flag and cap to their base from up there. For me I'm not a big fan of the top. :)

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2009, 11:34:51 AM »
IMO, if the flag is placed somewhere low, high route comes useless. It's so clumsy to acces now. BUT if you place flags somewhere in the mid OR high, top route comes useful. Though if you place it high, spawns must be low so it's equal to high and low to get the flag. But if you place it somewhere mid of the building, it will be equal to have spawns high and low. And you are placing the flags to those buildings in the ends, right?