Author Topic: Clean slate  (Read 20337 times)

Homingbullet

• VM-68
Re: Clean slate
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2009, 11:21:11 PM »
i guess all i was trying to say is something needs to be done about dp. figure out a way to make it work and make it more active.

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2009, 04:52:28 AM »
10x more people? 5 years ago? Ok. Homing you had the worst idea ever posted in this forum, but it's ok we all have our bad days. :)

Henkka

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2009, 05:42:40 AM »
I have two apples but i'm only going to eat one.

zimtstern

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2009, 06:12:06 AM »

Happy eating.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2009, 06:46:18 AM »
i guess all i was trying to say is something needs to be done about dp. figure out a way to make it work and make it more active.

Zero tollerance for CHEATERS.

Period

End of Story

I don't really give a rats ass if all that remain are Jits, S8NSSON, and myself to play. At least I'll know that those 2 won't be CHEATING.

PLAYERS kill the clan scene.

Period.

Making up clans and changing every few days.  How do you expect to grow the clan scene that way?

DP isn't dieing, it's purging itself of an infection.

FluKe

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2009, 06:55:34 AM »
10x more people? 5 years ago? Ok. Homing you had the worst idea ever posted in this forum, but it's ok we all have our bad days. :)

I think this was a good idea

atmays

• Autococker
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2009, 07:25:03 AM »
I dont agree with the idea but Dp is not growing and you are blind if you cant see that it is declining. Lets look at the guys replying to this and saying "Dp is not dieing".

Mosez - Wasnt you quiting dp supposedly?

Knack - Dont play

Mag - Have no clue what He/She do

Fuzzball/Ki3s - Dont know who yall are

Cola, Emo, Spook, Clipz - Hardly plays

"I personally think this community whines to much and takes what they get for granted."  What do we (community) get that we take for granted?

In all honesty with all the servers down only thing that has stopped is the ladders, I still see the same 3 - 4 clans matching everyday, Using the uR or Starz server. Sad thing is those dont be filled either and its only 2 servers. (Im only speaking of American Clans and Servers, have no clue bout the euros. O yeah, Sorry Bix if you cant understand this.)

Fuzz Ball

• VM-68
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2009, 07:30:03 AM »

What's up with the apples?
It's a really pointless post.

DP isn't dieing, it's purging itself of an infection.

Agreed. When Paintball had more players, the team of people behind it all like Jitspoe were too busy creating the game, rather than hunting down everyone to check for hackers. Also most people were still new to the game and probably didn't want to say someone was cheating due to their newbie status.

Fuzzball/Ki3s - Dont know who yall are

I'm someone who you'll probably never see playing online. The internet isn't routed to my computer. However, you don't know how good I am at DP2.
And I DON'T KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2009, 08:30:03 AM »
Atmays, seriously, what do you know about anything? You are a newbie and you start making lists of people saying "Don't know who yall are".

The game is not dying, not even near. Even if it was that would be more due to newbie clans picking airtime for 5v5s (read uR) than because of people getting banned.

And I'm a He as you very well know since when you were begging me to teach you how to play this game.

FluKe

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2009, 08:36:32 AM »
Atmays, seriously, what do you know about anything? You are a newbie and you start making lists of people saying "Don't know who yall are".

The game is not dying, not even near. Even if it was that would be more due to newbie clans picking airtime for 5v5s (read uR) than because of people getting banned.

And I'm a He as you very well know since when you were begging me to teach you how to play this game.

Do we need this kind of person on our committee really saying hes a newbie the games dieing committee hardle plays the only member that plays is Olbaid thats it so he knows.

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2009, 08:44:15 AM »
I'm getting out soon so don't you worry about that. You shouldn't just repeat what you read. Almost everyone in the committee plays, I am in [q] for example. Been actively playing this game for some time now. If you were around for more than 2 months you would know I usually don't make posts like that, but atmays was trying to make fun of people when he can't really talk. Thats all. I still like him.

Oh and I'm glad my last action in the committee was to vote no on your application for the next committee.

FluKe

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2009, 08:49:35 AM »
^^ thanks bro just making a point in what you said and i played for a year.

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2009, 08:54:07 AM »
On a second thought, you were absolutely right. I feel I deserve to be banned for that post now that I re-read it. Tried to report myself to a moderator but ...

You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Do it for me please Nick123.

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2009, 08:55:34 AM »
I think homingbullet should get banned for idiocy.  And nick123 for spam :)

Seriously, clean slate? haha! that would make the bans even more useless than they are now

FluKe

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2009, 08:55:54 AM »
^^ on thank you,your funny to do that =P

Fitz

• Stingray
« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2009, 09:22:11 AM »

This proves how little you match.
A. Atmays is no longer a newbie
B. He is one of the most active American players that is currently playing. Look online during peak hours... proves my point.
C. uR does not play airtime as our match map that often. If anything, other clans pick it for us (which is laughable).

I suppose this is where you flame me, "Who are YOU Fitz? You newbie! You know nothing about the clan scene!"
While it may be true that I know nothing of the previous clan scene, I know much about the current clan scene seeing as I am in one of the most active American clans that is currently running. Flaming me or anybody from my clan for their newbiness is outdated; there are few NA clans that put up a good fight against us as of right now. You forum trolls need to actually lay off the posting and go match for once.

In regards to Homing's approach, it is not a bad idea in itself so as to promote activity. The Clan Scene is dying, as Spook said, not necessairly DP itself. I'm speaking from an American perspective; we match the same clans every night and have been for the past year or so... not much has improved, and many more have gone inactive.

Giving everybody a clean slate would create some new activity but the ban times would have to be stiffened afterwards or there is no reason to do it. Ie. Remove all the bans, then make hacking a permanent ban. And clearly define the ban times and rules and whatnot... the members of the dp community shouldn't have to shuffle through pages and pages of forum posts to determine what the rules are/aren't only to find inconsistent ban rulings and times.

FluKe

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2009, 09:31:56 AM »
This sounds like a good idea but for the people who make them like  madman and darkness should stay with the ban...

Br55HiT

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2009, 10:25:17 AM »
Does it really matter considering how people now have matches on private servers to get around bans?

Letting people back won't help the community because it would just farther promote cheating which is what we DON'T need.

Clean slate = bad idea

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2009, 10:37:29 AM »
 Nice post fitz, but its all wrong....

NEWBINESS NEVER OUTDATES

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2009, 11:47:18 AM »
lol @ this thread. People arguing who plays more, who's not newbie anymore, and whatnot.

If ya'll are sad the clan scene is dying, then do something about it other than whining on the forums. Look at all the players who only play in pubs, they'll ask to join a clan, and all you do is laugh at them. You're ruining the clan scene, not long ban penalties for hackers. If you really wanna help the clan scene, then pick up 1 or 2 new players when you have free time to train them. Make training clans that can learn alongside your clan and that can pick up a bunch of new players at a time to teach. Don't laugh at or down-talk 'newbies', discouraging them from ever joining the clan scene. The issue is with your egotistical clan records. What does your record matter anyways, if only 30 people are in the clan scene? It wouldn't hurt to lose a few matches if it means getting 3 or 4 new players into the clan scene at a time. So instead of trying to bring hackers back to the clans, why not make an actual effort to save clans and teach new players about the clan scene.

Take example of m7's and fl1p's training clans of InT and WsL. They took on many newbie's and trained them into the clan scene. The main reason they can't continue is because of time purposes. And for those who have all the time in the world: "the most active American player that is currently playing", why don't you try helping the clan scene grow? That's the problem here, barely anyone in clans put in effort to save the clan scene, and would rather complain that hackers getting long ban times is the only reason it is dying. WRONG!