Author Topic: Newmap - Breathe [Beta 1]  (Read 3856 times)

RiMiNi

• 68 Carbine
Newmap - Breathe [Beta 1]
« on: April 08, 2009, 08:42:34 PM »
Not much to it, simple little map that i thought i might have some unique gameplay due to the way it is built (use teleporters to go from base to mid to other base etc)

Screens:
Base

Mid

Mid Again

Base Again

Download:
Breathe Beta 1

FluKe

• 68 Carbine
Re: Newmap - Breathe [Beta 1]
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 08:48:56 PM »
Looks Nice.

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 10:55:01 PM »
Wont download for me :(. Though i like it much, saying from screenshots. Looks really funky and design looks unique. Second pic is so funky that i started laugh at it, donno no why it's so funky. :D

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 04:48:18 AM »
 This map needs to be MORE round. Make the flag stand more round for one.

Green lighting seemed out of place :/

MosEz

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 05:04:22 AM »
splatmensa2 :D

Fuzz Ball

• VM-68
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 07:59:03 AM »
Looks really nice.
Yeah make the flag bit rounder... looks out of place with the room.
Oh and I'm not sure whether it's just the screenshots but the outside looks a little too dark.
I don't know whether people will agree with me but could you try making it a little lighter in some spots?
Some parts look like they're supposed to be lit up when they're not. Try a couple more floor lights?

abnormal

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 10:30:49 AM »
splatmensa2 :D
Yes, Ive got the same feeling.. it looks like splatmesa (especially the 3rd scrnshot). It looks nice but the gameplay will be a lil bit chaotic because of all those teleports..

Bono

• VM-68
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 12:06:01 PM »
OT:
"Breathe"?? This name of map is from U2 new Album? :D No Line On The Horizon? :D "Breathe" song? xDD

Sorry for my bad english

FluKe

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2009, 02:45:42 PM »
I cant download.

RiMiNi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2009, 04:46:45 PM »
Heres another d/l for those having trouble.

This map needs to be MORE round. Make the flag stand more round for one.

Green lighting seemed out of place :/
Yeah i wasnt totally sure about the green lighting, i just wanted it to be more "futuristic/alien/wahtever" so i decided that i would use green for neutral/mid but it can be changed to plain white if it doesnt suit the map

Looks really nice.
Yeah make the flag bit rounder... looks out of place with the room.
Oh and I'm not sure whether it's just the screenshots but the outside looks a little too dark.
I don't know whether people will agree with me but could you try making it a little lighter in some spots?
Some parts look like they're supposed to be lit up when they're not. Try a couple more floor lights?
It's like that purposely, i didn't want the outside to be very bright, if it truly does pose that much of a problem the lighting can be changed

EDIT: OT: and no.. its not of the u2 song, in fact ive never even heard of that song

SkaDooSh

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2009, 10:23:46 PM »
Looks good

Fuzz Ball

• VM-68
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2009, 02:50:24 AM »
It's like that purposely, i didn't want the outside to be very bright, if it truly does pose that much of a problem the lighting can be changed

I agree that it looks really nice dark... but... it just doesn't look quite realistic... idk... its like there's light missing where it should be.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2009, 03:39:01 AM »
Yeah i wasnt totally sure about the green lighting, i just wanted it to be more "futuristic/alien/wahtever" so i decided that i would use green for neutral/mid but it can be changed to plain white if it doesnt suit the map

Yea, when I checked the map out, I was thinking what the green lighting is for :D.
You could make a totally awesome breathe2.bsp based on this concept tho. I mean - larger, funnier, cooler, more complex etc etc.

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2009, 05:00:20 AM »
I played this today and the mid felt too small and agonizing. Maybe make it little bigger? When making it bigger you could place those teles little bit aruond andit would be easier go trough the mid. Now i can only see camping come with the mid area.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2009, 05:01:46 AM »
I played this today and the mid felt too small and agonizing. Maybe make it little bigger? When making it bigger you could place those teles little bit aruond andit would be easier go trough the mid. Now i can only see camping come with the mid area.

camping in the mid area is a welcomed sight!!!
i love to camp the mid. Just to run from base to mid, and wait for unsuspecting newbies and shoot them in their back...

UDead

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2009, 09:11:22 AM »
we need pictures

RoBbIe

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2009, 03:51:56 PM »
from screenshots base looks way to empty. the textures i think personally are ugly maybe, try to make "use" some textures that will better fit your map

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2009, 11:03:17 PM »
Sometimes you shouldn't judge from screenshots. In this case base is pretty tight, it has no extra space IMO.

Fuzz Ball

• VM-68
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2009, 01:17:56 AM »
I judged from the screenshots (cos I don't want to download it yet) and I thought the base looked good.

UDead

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2009, 04:25:14 AM »
I like the design of your bottom area of the "X" but it a small map and I was thing of coping what you have and making two bases of that to make the map bigger. I don’t know if I'm saying what I'm thinking in my head but it’s your map.