Author Topic: Why the match scene is declining...  (Read 18144 times)

Bix

• Autococker
Why the match scene is declining...
« on: April 16, 2009, 07:51:29 PM »
Basically we matched Mili and was amazingly disappointed in them. After we won their map they refused to play Carp saying it was a FF if we played it. So we decided to play pbcup_renoir to avoid dispute. They refused to go to pbcup_renoir and instead went to pbcup_pforest where they refused to change the map. Sooo we decided to play it. They..

-DC'd 2 caps (disconnecting to prevent the other team from capping)
-went obs and back to their team to prevent revive caps.

This demo is a clear example of why people are turned off from matching.

EDIT: We matched them again today. Same exact thing happend. Here comes the consensus.  Boycott #team_mili unless you enjoy matching clans that will disconnect when you have caps, and will go obs to avoid respawns, and also they will straight up refuse to play your map. So do yourself a favor and just avoid them.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 06:14:26 PM by Bix »

FluKe

• 68 Carbine
Re: Why the match scene is declining...
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 07:53:55 PM »
sure if you say so we where all playing around

shep

• VM-68
Re: Why the match scene may be declining...
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 07:54:16 PM »
I agree i have matched MiLi many times and we have disputed over many things. They need to learn to deal with a loss every now and then.

FluKe

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 07:55:49 PM »
we do deal with it we laff have fun not like 3iob have a game plane whos going where.

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 07:57:55 PM »
sure if you say so we where all playing around

It appeared more a valiant attempt to try to win. Not only did you choose our map for us basically, you then used every stupid tactic to try to win.

EDIT to prevent double post: I don't understand your english.

FluKe

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 07:59:47 PM »
I was not the one in the take of "Picking" your map i was idle playing a diff game.

KI3S

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 08:01:17 PM »
Cool.

Disconnecting to avoid caps and going observer so you won't revive and get capped on is REALLY fun. Also on the list of fun things is spamming and annoying the hell out of people in this community. So fun. And you think MiLi is going somewhere...?

WE ALL WANT IN OMG

FluKe

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2009, 08:02:17 PM »
dude no one asked "U" as in we have fun not like [1311]  playing only s33 yeah i know..

KI3S

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2009, 08:04:08 PM »
-ChanServ- Maps (set by RewinD): << << Maps >> >> ub_rooftop, ub_cliff, xbmap1, back2back, mia_b1, darkages, arenaball, shazam22, ccc, badlands, rebirth_b2, antioch, winter1, siegecastle, perfugio, spizam, goldeneye, picasso, wobluda

Sorry don't see shazam 33 there.

FluKe

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2009, 08:05:15 PM »
still look at spawn all he wants to play is "S33"

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2009, 08:23:14 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 11:51:42 PM by Dirty_Taco »

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2009, 08:34:50 PM »
Bix,

May I suggest that you create a new thread listing clans that you would not recommend matching against and stating reasons.  Maybe that would at least bring a level of awareness to some players.

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2009, 08:44:17 PM »
Bix,

May I suggest that you create a new thread listing clans that you would not recommend matching against and stating reasons.  Maybe that would at least bring a level of awareness to some players.

Right now the American clan scene is so small. That is part of the reason we made 3iob-T and that s2k made their training...to get more people into the match scene. Mili, Ij, and 3iob are really the only active American clans that I know of. The Euro clan scene seems to be going pretty strong and most of the experiences I have had with them recently have been good. I know cYr had a problem with Mili refusing to play on an Euro server, and the quality of match we just had with them was purely disappointing.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2009, 09:31:37 PM »
Make some rules....  Starting off, give both teams login, if 1 team doesn't have it, don't play.

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2009, 09:45:02 PM »
Make some rules....  Starting off, give both teams login, if 1 team doesn't have it, don't play.

As you can see from the demo, they refused to tell us the login.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2009, 01:02:28 AM »
As you can see from the demo, they refused to tell us the login.
I saw.  Thats why I'm saying that it should be a rule, then if people take advantage of having it, then they ff, end of story.

MosEz

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2009, 03:13:32 AM »
we played vs them. all 3 maps on american server and they were still flaming and saying we are the worst clan in dp. I think its a good sportsmanship to be fair enough to give them a chance to win a map/match but its unfair to be an idiot and flame others. @vanity,audiox and shep

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2009, 09:04:24 AM »
I know this won't fix the core issue (player sportsmanship), but... http://dplogin.com/dplogin/featurevote/feature.php?id=10038

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2009, 01:16:24 PM »
Regarding this, your loss today doesn't improve whole match scene either.

When you loose, loose like a man, change it in your record and don't kick from your channel.

And your constant saying euros this euros that doesn't help either. Shockingly, but some clans from Europe are also good. Fact that you don't have any real competition in USA is your problem. I never had a match against USA clan where I didn't hear same sht over and over again.

Dividing USA player base and EU player base leads to nothing. Our clan scene is minimal, so is your. And would be better for all if matches happens more often.

Not directed to you, I honestly can't remember who constantly trashed, but I know that after the match I was banned from #team_3iob by Dystro. Look, I honestly don't care if I'm idling there or not, I idled only because Jigsaw invited me couple of months ago. At least I showed support - thing that most of players from USA don't do.

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2009, 01:34:09 PM »
Regarding this, your loss today doesn't improve whole match scene either.

When you loose, loose like a man, change it in your record and don't kick from your channel.

And your constant saying euros this euros that doesn't help either. Shockingly, but some clans from Europe are also good. Fact that you don't have any real competition in USA is your problem. I never had a match against USA clan where I didn't hear same sht over and over again.

Dividing USA player base and EU player base leads to nothing. Our clan scene is minimal, so is your. And would be better for all if matches happens more often.

Not directed to you, I honestly can't remember who constantly trashed, but I know that after the match I was banned from #team_3iob by Dystro. Look, I honestly don't care if I'm idling there or not, I idled only because Jigsaw invited me couple of months ago. At least I showed support - thing that most of players from USA don't do.

You direct it at me, then say you aren't directing it at me?

We added the loss about 10 mins later, sorry.

EDIT: No one from 3iob banned you, Olbaid banned you for some reason.