Author Topic: Old Sounds / get_password-attack.txt  (Read 3060 times)

Byz

• 68 Carbine
Old Sounds / get_password-attack.txt
« on: April 20, 2009, 07:18:46 AM »
I tried to search for them but I couldnt find anything , the OTB link for old sounds didnt work and I couldnt find anything else , so if you have them and you would upload them here it would be great.

And now for the guys who say "Use the search button" , I used it and didnt find anything , if you happen to find the old sounds , please dont come here and say "You should have searched harder" Thanks :)

EDIT: So I just found out that when I try to join a server with a password it says that im missing get_password-attack.txt file , any help?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 10:22:06 AM by Byz »

zimtstern

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Re: Old Sounds
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 07:47:13 AM »
I tried to search for them but I couldnt find anything , the OTB link for old sounds didnt work and I couldnt find anything else , so if you have them and you would upload them here it would be great.

And now for the guys who say "Use the search button" , I used it and didnt find anything , if you happen to find the old sounds , please dont come here and say "You should have searched harder" Thanks :)

Or just ask me lil`fin ...
ftp://otb-server.de/pub/Game/Alte%20Versionen Alte Versionen = Old Versions

Byz

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 07:56:10 AM »
Thanks both of you.

Br55HiT

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 10:08:39 AM »
Or you can just google for build 16 and download it then get the sounds folder from that.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 10:12:48 AM »
why do you want the old sounds?

The reason why I ask is that Jits is actively working on the new sounds and the respective compression algorithms in-game.

http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=16120.0

Going back to the old sounds will eventually leave you with sounds that aren't optimised for the game and sound like poo poo.

Byz

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 10:18:32 AM »
In my opinion they sound alot better then the newer ones.

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
Re: Old Sounds / get_password-attack.txt
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2009, 10:39:57 AM »

EDIT: So I just found out that when I try to join a server with a password it says that im missing get_password-attack.txt file , any help?

Same thing here, can't connect to a match server. Any ideas?

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2009, 10:58:36 AM »
That something dodgy is going on with the Arctic servers. I'd stay away for now, the name of the missing file doesn't inspire great confidence in its safety. You can set cl_passwordpopup 0 to disable password popups and leave you with the command prompt. OTB servers seem to work fine.

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2009, 01:06:23 PM »
That something dodgy is going on with the Arctic servers. I'd stay away for now, the name of the missing file doesn't inspire great confidence in its safety. You can set cl_passwordpopup 0 to disable password popups and leave you with the command prompt. OTB servers seem to work fine.

I was going to comment that the get_password-attack.txt sounded malicious, but thought that it was weird name for the new password menus.  It could be the one that fixes the enter button submit on that prompt, but the server should not being trying to force that file onto clients.  Maybe one of the european players has downloaded this file to their pball/ or configs/ already and can confirm that it's not a script trying to steal people's hashed password or login/passwords from people's configs.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2009, 01:18:03 PM »
get_password.txt is the normal name.

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2009, 09:49:50 PM »
Yea, I wrote the get_password file, and there was never an 'attack' version.  I would avoid it.

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2009, 03:20:36 AM »
Ok, so what happend.

I got wrong pw for match (thnx Zim)

All in all, if I clicked on password prompt to much (I didn't do it because I was angry, no no...) you get that command line. Don't know if it's the same issue with rest.

Everything works fine now I think.

zimtstern

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2009, 11:10:07 AM »
Ok, so what happend.

I got wrong pw for match (thnx Zim)

All in all, if I clicked on password prompt to much (I didn't do it because I was angry, no no...) you get that command line. Don't know if it's the same issue with rest.

Everything works fine now I think.

Np edge and admin changed it..

Btw: it shows the actual pw if i use the "password" command?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2009, 11:47:59 AM »
In my opinion they sound alot better then the newer ones.
Please post some explanation as to why you think the old sounds sound better in this thread: http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=16120.20

Also, grab build 27, as it tweaks the sounds quite a bit.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2009, 01:00:38 PM »
Please post some explanation as to why you think the old sounds sound better

I myself have used dp with sounds for only some months. Because at the time when i started playing dp I didnt have a soundcard installed, then when i got it, i found dp extremely wierd with sounds so i deleted my folder. Sometime ago i had to do a full install of dp, so i had sounds again... was weird. Now i play dp muted :).

Same explanation goes to those who prefer old sounds. They are used to it!