Author Topic: Newmap : Turenki  (Read 12600 times)

Spartax

• VM-68
Newmap : Turenki
« on: April 21, 2009, 07:05:26 AM »
Hi , i just finished my 2nd map , its 4 flag CTF mode ,there are 3 other spawns for each side .If you cap 1.flag you get 5 points and 7 points if you cap 2.flag . Here are : 3x autocockers 2x automags 4x carbines . 2x 20oz , 4x steel barrels , 2x 200hopper. ¨

Screens are without lights

zimtstern

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Re: Newmap : Turenki
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 07:11:44 AM »
Map is cool from Screenshots.
Add the .bsp file and try to post screens with fov 90 :)

Well done Spartax.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 07:16:33 AM »
When releasing a new map, here are the steps you need to go through before it's finalized.

1) Build the map to completion as best you can.  Align all of your textures, run a final compile to get full vis and lighting.

2) Give the map a beta extension (example: yourmap_beta1.bsp), and zip it if you're releasing any other media with the map.  Be sure to include the directory structures as follows:
pball/maps/beta/yourmap_beta1.bsp
pball/textures/yourtextures/yourtexture1.jpg
pball/textures/yourtextures/yourtexture2.jpg

Players wanting to test the map should be able to simply extract the zip to their paintball2 directory.  Beta maps should always be kept in the maps/beta directory to avoid clutter in the maps directory.  Also, be sure to use all lowercase for the map file name.  Some OS's are case sensitive and if you use different cases, it can cause problems.

3) Create a new post in the Mapping Forum containing the following:
- A brief description of the map (be sure to mention different game modes if there are any).
- A couple screenshots of the map using FOV 90 to give an overall idea (no need to go overboard and try to cover every square inch of the map - just enough to give an idea of what the map looks like).
- The above zip (either as an attachment or link).

4) If the map is considered complete enough for beta testing, it will be put in rotation on the beta server for play testing.

5) Listen to the feedback people provide and make changes as necessary.

6) Post a new beta of the map, increasing the beta number (yourmap_beta2.bsp, yourmap_beta3.bsp, ...).

7) Repeat steps 5 and 6 until all of the bugs, texture misalignments, gameplay problems, and other issues are worked out.  The final map should just be the last beta renamed.  After the map has gone through sufficient testing and no errors are found, it will be moved to the completed maps subforum.

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 07:18:32 AM »
UUH! I helped him like hell :D. I think he's compiling it now... But i like the map very much by outfit, i don't know  if flag positions are good. But we'll see

Fuzz Ball

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 07:23:07 AM »
Wow KnacK going all out against the newbie...
Just a thought, why is the lighting not in the screenshots?

Byz

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 07:26:22 AM »
There might be a leak? Or maybe he just doesnt know how to add lighting yet , its his first map.

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 07:28:50 AM »
He HAD a leak. I fixed it for him... He's compiling final compile now, i think.

Fuzz Ball

• VM-68
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 07:29:46 AM »
Or maybe he just doesnt know how to add lighting yet , its his first map.

Hi , i just finished my 2nd map

One off... :)

Yeah I was thinking maybe he hasn't finished the lighting yet. Well looking forward to the next version of the map - It looks dull atm but some good potential.

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2009, 07:33:02 AM »
Looks sweet from the screens.

Spartax

• VM-68
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2009, 07:34:16 AM »
Ye i am tring to make a lighting and sun in map i hoep it will be as soon as possible ;)

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2009, 07:36:02 AM »
One off... :)

I think Byz meant that it's his first map that he made fully by himself. I made his 1st map with him. So he has done like 1½ maps :D

Fuzz Ball

• VM-68
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2009, 07:39:39 AM »
I think Byz meant that it's his first map that he made fully by himself. I made his 1st map with him. So he has done like 1½ maps :D

Ok 1½  it is! :)
Just a note to better that the map - The ground, even with the obstacles and stuff, looks really bland. Maybe you could change the ground level with the help of someone?
I don't really know, but gameplay does come before looks.

Spartax

• VM-68
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2009, 07:42:07 AM »
True ;) i think i learned BSP fast =P ... maybe i had a good teacher ? (jeejee) . but i am not so good like he.. i hope i will be ;)

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2009, 09:24:37 AM »
looks a very good map from the screenies
spartax upload it to the arctic and otb servers so we can use it during matches ty

Spartax

• VM-68
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2009, 09:58:30 AM »
well , here is a beta ?

Spartax

• VM-68
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2009, 09:59:12 AM »
wtf ... here isnt ... gimme moment ,

abnormal

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2009, 10:14:22 AM »
Stop doubleposting.. try Modify/Edit

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2009, 10:19:35 AM »
I don't see any ice on the screens  cO

must be the first non-ice map for months.  well, I probably will find that once the bsp is up.

Spartax

• VM-68
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2009, 10:21:23 AM »
well , here is the link for a map : http://www.sendspace.com/file/cojcso

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2009, 10:23:57 AM »
I'll take a look at it ;)

I don't see any ice on the screens  cO

must be the first non-ice map for months.  well, I probably will find that once the bsp is up.

W00t!!!! garden.bsp has no ice!! And worldfades.bsp has little bit ice, but there aren't really any jumps there!

Okay, i wandered around the map and it looked good. Did not look at misaligned brushes or like that. One thing i'm sure now: I am making something wrong at the _sun_angle thing or it doesn't work! Because the sun shines from wrong direction here (i think) and i told Spartax how to make sun. In garden i had to aim the sun with entities. So, WTF we are doing wrong??

Red teams cap point has wrong teamnumber and i think i saw misaligned barrels. Not sure though.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 11:33:35 AM by JeeJee »