Author Topic: What is the hold up???  (Read 16070 times)

magalhaes

• Autococker
Re: What is the hold up???
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2009, 01:23:40 PM »
Well at that time it didn't look as bad as it does now :)

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2009, 02:00:12 PM »
Maybe we should have the COMMUNITY vote for the committee since the committee is for the COMMUNITY. Why have the government choose the new office? Should be the people choosing the new office.

For example there are 7 spots. So you put all the names up and people can make 5 votes for the 5 people they want the most. It is probably too logical for Dp though.

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2009, 02:02:33 PM »
bix let them do it the way they want
stop making things harder , i know ur trying to help but that post is making the committee take their time to post a reply :/ therefore slowing the process

just wait patiently or dont come to the forums for 2 weeks then come back and u never know it might be sorted

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2009, 02:13:58 PM »
It only is logical that the people vote in the committee since the committee is for the people...and all it would take is a 1 week poll. Not 6 months of committee discussion.  :-\

Henkka

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2009, 02:29:12 PM »
Never thought i would say this but i agree with Bix.

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2009, 03:18:21 PM »
Just seems like a logical, fast way to do it.

P!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2009, 04:47:45 PM »
http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=13872.0

Just remembered that thread, I think it presents both sides of the argument well.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2009, 05:09:58 PM »
People may get picked who aren't good for the community, because there is sensitive information about people being given out, its kind of understandable why Jits would want some sort of control over who he lets vew this information.

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2009, 05:41:45 PM »
Sorry to get candid here.

Do we want the same inactive dimwits voting in new people?

The committee is for the COMMUNITY. They should choose who is in the committee. The committee is dealing with issues that affect that community, therefore shouldn't the community decide who is on it?

.....If you are unhappy that you did not get elected, it was primarily because we didn't think you would be able to dedicate enough time to it..... 

I don't even want to start with how inactive the tentative committee will be.

It is not a "by the people, for the people" sort of setup. The problem is, I think there is actually the idea that's what is going on.

Then what is the committee for? I thought it was for the community....excuse me.

http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=13872.0

Just remembered that thread, I think it presents both sides of the argument well.

That thread is relevant to an extent. All it is is IronFist giving an opinion and having yootz agree.

Maybe I am trying to understand exactly what the committee is for...thought it was for the community. (Please point out that I am wrong.) If it is for the community, maybe the community should vote so we don't have to wait 6+ months for our currently partially inactive committee to vote.

On a side note. I doubt the current committee has ever even talked to half the people they voted for. They have just read some forum post and hopped on the bandwagon since someone else vouched for them. Another reason why the community should vote, not the current committee.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2009, 08:02:31 PM »
The only thing about the community voting is it sorta becomes a popularity contest, and not 'usefulness'.

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2009, 08:44:27 PM »
The only thing about the community voting is it sorta becomes a popularity contest, and not 'usefulness'.

Hmmm  :-\
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 09:39:58 PM by Bix »

nub

• VM-68
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2009, 09:03:00 PM »
why isnt there just a committee in helping with the game itself.
ex. maps, models, sounds, etc.

there seems to be a set number of days for bans so why cant Jitspoe decide.

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2009, 09:05:49 PM »
who knows nub, who knows.

KI3S

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2009, 09:40:51 PM »
If the community picked who became committee members, then it wouldn't do anything. Most people would vote for people who likely wouldn't do a good job.

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2009, 09:44:49 PM »
I don't think that would be the case. I feel our first committee was the best, and that was the one we voted for.

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2009, 11:54:39 PM »
If there are some active members of the committee and some inactive why not have the active members decide and leave the inactive out? If they don't care enough to show up, why have their input on the next committee?

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2009, 03:19:23 AM »
We had the votings done already. But two more people resigned from the committee, so it complicated things a bit. You guys don't want a new committee more than I want my term to be over. I can guarantee you that.

Viper

• Autococker
« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2009, 05:21:07 AM »
The committee idea was one of the sadest idea i've ever heard.

Nobody needs a committee. Its just for these multiaccs etc.., so why do you complain about them ? You should get a committee of 3 or 4 guys, not of 15.
What's so special to be in this committee ? You wont play better dp, if you got a spot in the committee... Seriously, guys!

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2009, 05:31:10 AM »
To be honest, the committee is less about the community, and more about giving jits a helping hand. The only helping the community it does is helping jits decide who is a cheater.

Bix, you aren't helping anything at all. You're just trying to drum up some ruckus by pretending you care about the game, its too transparent but nice try. Its hard to select new members when so many people are becoming inactive, so just get off peoples backs.

Maybe jits should stop calling it the Committee, its sending out the wrong message, and no matter how many times we describe the function of the Committee, people still continue to lack understanding.

MosEz

• Autococker
« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2009, 06:43:46 AM »
Inactives who deleted dp for the CoMmIttEeEEeeZoRzzRzrzzrz