Author Topic: m7 speed, New Speed Server  (Read 3409 times)

m7feettall

• Autococker
m7 speed, New Speed Server
« on: May 03, 2009, 08:34:15 PM »
The current name is "M7's Speed."

It is intended to help new players get a feel for the game and to be a warm-up server for those who already know how to play, similar to syncmaster's old server, though it is smaller and not run on a cable connection.

It is only 8 slots, so the map doesn't become a complete lining fest.

EDIT:

Current rotation:

ub_cliff
sandassult
razzle
speedfactor
nightpaint
rome
eclissi
valley
airtime3
shazam33

Modified all ent's necessary to give loaded co2 and a gun right away on all maps to make them a better fit for the speed style.

The server is hosted by www.extremecybergames.com, which also hosts the 3iob servers.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 01:57:37 PM by m7feettall »

fasian

• 68 Carbine
Re: New Speed Server
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 11:22:11 PM »
I suggest you take out carpathian, too big for new players.
And also pbcup will just turn into line fest if you start with loaded co2 and carbine.

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 12:04:48 AM »
Haven't tried carp yet due to some rotation malfunction which I need to work out tomorrow. But pbcup was actually pretty fun. I may take it out of rotation but I need to modify a few more .ent files and replace it with something. Flip wants sandassult on there.

zimtstern

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 12:34:03 AM »
Add some OTB Speed Server Maps.
Delete Pbcup.

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 07:26:45 AM »
so this is the american version of OTB Speed
watch out OTB competition is coming!

also dont have both of the shazam maps just have 33 and put propaint1 on there its a very common map and will give new players a feel of ice , speed and some cool jumps!

good luck with ya server

SkaDooSh

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 05:21:27 PM »
We do not want big camping maps we are looking to attract new players in this pub and would like them to learn to do stuff besides camping. I think pp1, wobluda, maybe 3v3tourny should be added. I think 5 seconds is a little too fast to respawn i think even otb speed has 10 seconds

fasian

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 04:03:53 AM »
I think 5 seconds is a little too fast to respawn i think even otb speed has 10 seconds
5 seconds is fine.
maybe 3v3tourny should be added.
Not that map. People would just sit back and line.

SkaDooSh

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2009, 05:27:13 PM »
Well the server only has 8 player spots so it wouldn't be that crowded I said Maybe 3v3 tourny I don't think only lining would be done there

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2009, 02:31:39 PM »
Current rotation:

ub_cliff
sandassult
razzle
speedfactor
nightpaint
rome
eclissi
valley
airtime3
shazam33

Modified all ent's necessary to give loaded co2 and a gun right away on all maps.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 01:52:28 PM by m7feettall »

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2009, 02:58:48 PM »
take off docks and sandassault :\ very horrid maps - especically if ur server only has 8 slots !
docks is a big map and takes me a while to download put some pp1 on there

FluKe

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2009, 03:15:02 PM »
take off docks and sandassault :\ very horrid maps - especically if ur server only has 8 slots !
docks is a big map and takes me a while to download put some pp1 on there

good maps for people to learn how to jump and stuff/.

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2009, 05:39:00 PM »

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2009, 05:48:47 PM »
???
Hes obviously got the slowest internet or doesn't have build 20 or later.

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2009, 08:08:20 PM »
Actually we had 8 slots full on sandassult earlier tonight and it was great.

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2009, 01:55:40 PM »
Updated the rotation again, as listed in the first post, and also added a couple  new maps not in the rotation that have the carbine starting out. We play them when folks with login are on:

sandstorm
perfugio

Fl1p now has map changing ability and temp-ban ability.

I may give admin to a few others over time. If anyone abuses it let me know.

RoBbIe

• Autococker
Re: m7 speed, New Speed Server
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2009, 03:35:49 PM »
Like we need a new speed pub... Make a helpful server Regular Pub or New Match Server would be nice

KI3S

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2009, 04:08:30 PM »

It is intended to help new players get a feel for the game and to be a warm-up server for those who already know how to play, similar to syncmaster's old server, though it is smaller and not run on a cable connection.

A new speed pub is helpful. Alot of new American players play on OTB Speed. Maybe this server can attract them to where American players can start working with them, and get them to be a part of the community.

If you think we need another regular pub or match server then go ahead and get your own.

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2009, 06:02:24 PM »
Like we need a new speed pub... Make a helpful server Regular Pub or New Match Server would be nice

Speed servers help new players learn the basics. They can't learn much watching most of the time. A noob dies in a few seconds in a regular server, and then watches while those who already know how to play get the most time playing. In a speed server they can play.

And they are also fun for regular players. I think my aim improves when I play in speed servers because I get to take a lot of shots in a short time, which helps warm up.

If you don't like them, feel free not to frequent the server.

RoBbIe

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2009, 07:31:47 PM »
Speed servers help new players learn the basics. They can't learn much watching most of the time. A noob dies in a few seconds in a regular server, and then watches while those who already know how to play get the most time playing. In a speed server they can play.

And they are also fun for regular players. I think my aim improves when I play in speed servers because I get to take a lot of shots in a short time, which helps warm up.

If you don't like them, feel free not to frequent the server.

Understood
I Actually Think This Will Be A Good Improvement To Us Losing Most American Servers

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2009, 09:12:20 PM »

Like we need another american pub. There is already many american pubs and atleast half of them don't get used regulary.

When I first started, Syncmasters Cable was my favourtie server of all time! Felt so good playing there and learning the basics.

I
L
Y

H
E
N
R
Y