Author Topic: lag issues  (Read 5624 times)

Br55HiT

• 68 Carbine
Re: lag issues
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2009, 11:02:30 AM »
The disconnections have seemed to stop, which is a plus.  The overall game connection didn't get too much better until I messed with port and package priority stuff.  It's still kinda hit or miss at times but I think part of that is the servers themselves.  Still in the market for a new router when I get the money.

@Ftiz - I don't think we can get Comcast in my area.  I know it's big by my college but RCN is pretty much it for high speed at my home.

lester456

• Stingray
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2009, 03:26:08 PM »
i seem to have simmilar issues... on my netgraph every minute theres like a "square" showing up on it. it can really affect my gameplay because it just rewinds me back and forth for 2 seconds wich are almost always crucial. i would like to find a way to fix that problem.

if u didnt understand the issue i could provide a screenshot. thanks in advance

Br55HiT

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2009, 12:02:35 AM »
I take it it's a black square, which is basically your internet dropping out for a few seconds.

Are you using a router or connected directly to a modem?  If your using a router what kind is it.

What ISP(internet service provider) do you have?  Go to www.speedtest.net and test your connection to the closest server to your location.(should be the yellow star)  Then post the results.

You can also read henrods post on lag issues which I believe is in this same section.

lester456

• Stingray
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2009, 05:45:09 AM »
k i have wireless internet connected to a router heres a screenshot

and my speedtest

tge wireless is d-link DWL g122

i would rly like to find a solution because thats really anoying
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 07:02:59 AM by lester456 »

Br55HiT

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2009, 01:20:05 PM »
It's more than likely your wireless is searching for new signals every so often.  Or your connection is getting slower every so often.

Unfortunately the only real solution to this problem is to just use a wired connection.  Or you would have to get a good wireless N gaming router and a good wireless N card.  That will probably run you around $200+ US.  So wired is the cheaper and true fix.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2009, 07:59:28 PM »
If you are running XP try this:
Go to start then Run
Type in services.msc
Find the Wireless Zero Configuration
Stop the service, and then change the startup type to 'disabled'
You many need to reinstall some drivers, if you do, it this will stop your computer from searching for new wireless signals.

FluKe

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2009, 08:26:45 PM »
Could his lag be from to many  things downloaded on to his desktop?

i get http://www.speedtest.net/result/500385816.png

Br55HiT

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2009, 09:09:33 PM »
That's your internet connection speed.  It's mostly determined by your ISP, then by your computer.

FluKe

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2009, 09:17:50 PM »
never really knew that lol  :D

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2009, 04:51:17 PM »
I've recently been getting lag spikes, about the same as in Br55HiT's screenshot, but abit worse. Also, everytime I reconnect I lagout. It says: Delta Frame To Old. All of these has only happened recently. I have 74 Processes running, not sure if thats alot or w/e but thats what it goes too whenever i reboot my computer. I've tried commands, but it only raises my fps and I already have high enough fps.

Anything I can do to fix the lag?

Br55HiT

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2009, 01:01:03 AM »
If you have vista I'm not sure what a good number of processes is.  But if you have XP that's way too many.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2009, 01:29:36 AM »
Well I'm using VISTA and I only have 54 running. If that helps :)

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2009, 04:13:45 AM »
It's more than likely your wireless is searching for new signals every so often.  Or your connection is getting slower every so often.

Unfortunately the only real solution to this problem is to just use a wired connection.  Or you would have to get a good wireless N gaming router and a good wireless N card.  That will probably run you around $200+ US.  So wired is the cheaper and true fix.

I have black lines all over my screen last few weeks, been using wired connection so it's not wireless issue. Same thing I got on my laptop which is wireless. None of the commands worked, my comp is virus free (uniblue rules).

My best advice is: get used to lagg here and there, it will cost you much but there's nothing that can be done about it.

On a serious note, I never found any good solution to resolve black lines on netgraph once they kicked in.