Author Topic: Aim -- Tips and Tricks  (Read 4502 times)

timecatcher

• PGP
Aim -- Tips and Tricks
« on: May 11, 2009, 03:11:38 AM »
Well I've checked around the 'newer' topics and nothing seems to relate to this so I thought I'd start a topic concerning aim since its my worst issue :P. Maps like OTH ect im fine since there is no real skill to spawn killing but get to other maps and im a goner, so any ways you aim would be cool.

Thanks.

TC.

fasian

• 68 Carbine
Re: Aim -- Tips and Tricks
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 04:35:14 AM »
Just a tip. If you ping high line INFRONT of the person. =]

Byz

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 05:05:51 AM »
There aint any tips to get ur aim better, you just need to learn to aim good

timecatcher

• PGP
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 05:24:55 AM »
I know but like understanding the way the bullet moves ect surely makes sense, oh and what exactly is lining again?

Thanks.

TC.

abnormal

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 07:07:58 AM »
Just a tip. If you ping high line INFRONT of the person. =]
Umm. You always need to shoot infront of the person. There are more things which influence good aiming:
- How far is your target
- What's its speed
- What's your speed
- Angle of you and the target.
- What gun are you using
- Fov and Ping also

UDead

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 10:25:46 AM »
For me, I can aim good, but in some maps no mater how good I’m doing, when I’m running and I come up to the opposite color my gun and aim is right on him/her and I’m the one how dies and I don’t know why…my aim is right directly on him/her.

capo

• VM-68
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 03:00:52 PM »
Prediction.

Aiming in front of players towards the direction they're moving.

I think Xbain made a post and had some screenshots on a post he made awhile back. Just can't find it. But I'll post the link when or If I do.

idias

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2009, 04:47:18 PM »
I know but like understanding the way the bullet moves ect surely makes sense, oh and what exactly is lining again?

It comes with the practice, you must see what is the gun ur using, the ball trajectory depends on that (Dont try longshots with vm or spider).
What fov do u use?
Try maybe fov 100 - 110.

SkaDooSh

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2009, 05:39:40 PM »
Shooting with PGP has helped my aim

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2009, 06:17:17 PM »
Try to play other games too. Games in which aim is way more important (read no lining / no one-shot kills unless in the head). It helps a lot.

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2009, 06:19:14 PM »
Don't PGP. Not only will will it make your aim 'choppy' and not smooth, it will probably just frustrate you.

UDead

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2009, 06:20:15 PM »
All I’m saying is in the game not mater how good you are the aim is not always accrete in the game compare to real life...real life I’m point blank and shot I hit the person, in the game that is not always the case.

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2009, 07:30:24 PM »
The game is a bit similar to the factors in real life. What you're experiencing UDead is that there is a lot less interaction and feel in the game than real life. In real life you'll always be adjusting your aim. In the game, its harder to get consistency cuz of that feel, but once you get it, you don't need to adjust anymore.

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2009, 08:11:28 PM »
I think aim is one of those things that has physical limiting factors. Some people have unearthly hand-eye coordination. Everyone can develop such things to a point, but I think you reach a ceiling.

If your ceiling is low you can try other things to compensate such as improving jumping, learning lining spots, learning how to evade better, but you will always have a handicap against the best players, because they can do all those things AND aim.

You get better with practice. But to use an analogy, a 5',1" point guard may practice all day long and he won't be a 6',1" point guard.  He has limiting factors. There have been a few really short point guards in the NBA, but not a lot of them. There is just too much to overcome.

In the same way if you have naturally poor hand-eye coordination you can build up to your potential--but that is it. You will probably never make the big-leagues so to speak.

Those who are learning the basics of the game(understanding of most maps, strafe jumping, picking up on lining concepts etc.) will progress rapidly. Then they start to hit their ceiling. They progress more slowly, if at all, and become discouraged. Your problem may be expectations. I think there comes a time when there is only so much you can do.

And once you get to your ceiling, don't be surprised if it is not at the top of the heap. Hence the temptation for those who are just a bit lower down to want that edge through hacking.

Just admit you are not as good, and enjoy the game. Or quit. Most people will never be Michael Jordan or anywhere close. But they can still enjoy a pick-up game. And most will never be fatal1ty or however he spells it, or even Bix, Olbaid, Super, Moe, Blitz, Dystro or whoever folks consider to be good at DP.  But they can still enjoy a video game.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 08:31:38 PM by m7feettall »

SkaDooSh

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2009, 08:57:24 PM »
Don't PGP. Not only will will it make your aim 'choppy' and not smooth, it will probably just frustrate you.

I find it fun and challenging to predict and aim with it, and do it when I'm bored :D

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2009, 10:56:59 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 11:50:47 PM by Dirty_Taco »

vague312

• VM-68
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2009, 11:33:27 PM »
this helped me a bit with slow moving or camping players. Depends on how you drill yourself.
http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=12433.0

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2009, 11:40:55 PM »
Just for posterity, let's upload that here.

timecatcher

• PGP
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2009, 02:00:03 AM »
Alright thanks everyone I will try some of the things you've suggested but as you say one of the main factors must just be practise and prediction of the other players movements. (Not mention seeing the line :P.) Im getting a lot better now I've realised im mostly a harder target when I don't crouch each time someone comes towards me but theres still a lot to learn. Oh and m7 thanks for that I don't think im at my 'ceiling' yet as you called it since im still improving not to mention only been playing two months but I am in agreement with what you just said, and my jumps are coming along nicely :).

Thanks keep em coming.

TC.

lilb990

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2009, 02:17:42 PM »
timecatcher: There are no tricks to aiming in this game. Simply move your crosshair in the general direction of the person and flail the mouse. Most of the time you kill someone luck is a primary part of the equation.

If you want to get better don't try and improve your aim; learn how to move and learn how to play the maps.

If you want to play a game that requires aim, play warsow.

Woot warsow for the win!