Author Topic: Need Feed back Please  (Read 1977 times)

TurtlesRock

• PGP
Need Feed back Please
« on: May 21, 2009, 03:01:44 PM »
This is my first map so of course I expect quite a few mistakes. Here are a couple of screen shots of what I've done so far. I plan to make a down stairs to add to the playability of my map. I also plan to place the flags later, thought I should focus on the details first. I wanna add little details like a water fountain on the sides of the middle hedge just to give people something else to look at. Also I need to know how to stop repeating textures. on the last screen shot I plan to change the sky because the lighting doesn't match the direction of the sun.

PwNno0bS

• Stingray
Re: Need Feed back Please
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 03:13:33 PM »
Its a pretty nice map. looks like a map i would actually like playing.

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 03:41:46 PM »
wayyy small very plain no boxes just big green things =D

TurtlesRock

• PGP
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 03:49:05 PM »
Yea there supposed to be hedges. :-\ And I plan to make it much bigger for those who need a running start for the long jumps, also so it can be more entertaining. ;) :)

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 08:54:09 AM »
Please, don't try to make maps like shock or anything like it :(( Box maps are horrible, especially when you have straight sight line to other teams base. So trash this and create new map, with multiple routes, cool design etc. After few times of trying, you can make a map that is playable :)

RoBbIe

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 11:11:27 AM »
Please, don't try to make maps like shock or anything like it :(( Box maps are horrible, especially when you have straight sight line to other teams base. So trash this and create new map, with multiple routes, cool design etc. After few times of trying, you can make a map that is playable :)

Box maps are not horrid. Don't trash this map keep it work on it. I think box maps get played bout as much as multi pathed maps do. It looks like a fun map actually. Jee Jee i don't know if you thought if this but this map and a lot of box maps can have good game play. shock can be really fun at times. oddjob can be fun and good to practice with pgp to get better aim. There is many. Multi pathed maps are a series of box maps put together if you think about it. Simple could make good game play. Grave siege is a box map it is fun. AND JEE JEE EVERY MAP IS DESIGNED AROUND A BOX SO EVERY MAP IS A BOX MAP!!!!.

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 11:58:19 AM »
AND JEE JEE EVERY MAP IS DESIGNED AROUND A BOX SO EVERY MAP IS A BOX MAP!!!!.

No, great triangle (or whatever :P) is designed around a TRIANGLE :O:O:O:):O suprise, suprise

And robbie, if you're saying that just to disagree with me, you shouldn't do it.

RoBbIe

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2009, 02:38:52 PM »
No, great triangle (or whatever :P) is designed around a TRIANGLE :O:O:O:):O suprise, suprise

And robbie, if you're saying that just to disagree with me, you shouldn't do it.

Im not just like pointing out the obvious.. Hehe.... Just dont want em trashing a map.. it makes great practice to finish maps not start on em and quit...

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2009, 05:24:46 PM »
Box maps are not horrid. Don't trash this map keep it work on it. I think box maps get played bout as much as multi pathed maps do. It looks like a fun map actually. Jee Jee i don't know if you thought if this but this map and a lot of box maps can have good game play. shock can be really fun at times. oddjob can be fun and good to practice with pgp to get better aim. There is many. Multi pathed maps are a series of box maps put together if you think about it. Simple could make good game play. Grave siege is a box map it is fun. AND JEE JEE EVERY MAP IS DESIGNED AROUND A BOX SO EVERY MAP IS A BOX MAP!!!!.

Read the pm I sent to you.

TurtlesRock

• PGP
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2009, 10:38:51 PM »
Don't worry I won't trash it. And I wasn't purposely trying to make this similar to shock. I just thought there weren't many maps with hedges in it, and I kinda wanted a garden like them. Remember I'm no where near being done. I still need to know how to stop repeating textures like for the flags and walls.

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2009, 10:50:28 PM »
Dude, first of all, read this:

http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=15898.0

Read it properly few times, get basic idea how working CTF comes. Then, read these, if you haven't already.

http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=5150.0
http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=714.0
http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=11297.0
http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=3031.0

There's much more and this looks much already, but if you read these, you get almost every answer you need. Although they don't have much advanced stuff in them.